Marksmanship Hunter PvP Guide (Dragonflight 10.0.2)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Hunter PvP guide.
Marksmanship Hunters in the Current Meta
Marksmanship Hunters are a strong Hunter specialization right now. They are unique because, depending on your playstyle, you can AoE a team down with spells like Multi-Shot, or you can have strong single-target damage with spells like Arcane Shot and Aimed Shot. On top of all of this damage, they also have strong crowd control abilities.
Strengths of Marksmanship Hunter
- Multiple tools versus teams with DoTs
- Decent mobility
- Strong burst damage
Weaknesses of Marksmanship Hunter
- Long burst cooldown
- Weak to teams with multiple stuns
- Need help from teammates to land crowd control
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Marksmanship Hunter PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Marksmanship Hunter PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (dealing damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Marksmanship Hunter PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Marksmanship Hunter PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Marksmanship Hunter PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Marksmanship Hunters in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Marksmanship Hunter PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Marksmanship Hunters.
- On the Marksmanship Hunter Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Marksmanship Hunters, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 29 Jul. 2022: Page reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 18 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Added Covenant page, removed Azerite mentions, and updated gear section.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (9.0.1)
- Feldrake Twitch Drop Claiming Issues and Possible Solutions in Dragonflight
- Get a Free 34-Slot Bag Fast in Dragonflight
- Doubleagent at Level 65
- Giant Dragonflight Class Tuning: Deceber 6th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.2 Hotfixes: December 2nd
- In-Game Location of the Dragonflight Login Screen
- Everyone Is a Raid Boss and They Fight it Out - and So Can You!
- Secret Room in Valdrakken Inn Leads to a Dance Party