Demonology Warlock Shadowlands Leveling Guide From 1 to 60
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. If the item levels are equal, you should choose the piece with stats that are most favorable to your specialization. If your current item is an Heirloom, it should not be replaced.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as an Demonology Warlock
Your first talent row unlocks at Level 15.
Your talent set up should be as follows.
- Level 15: Bilescourge Bombers
- Level 25: Demonic Calling
- Level 30: Burning Rush
- Level 35: Soul Strike
- Level 40: Mortal Coil
- Level 45: Inner Demons
- Level 50: Demonic Consumption
Rotation to Level Up as an Demonology Warlock
Starting at Level 1, you only have one main attack ability: Shadow Bolt.
- Level 2 — cast Corruption to tag and soften up multiple enemies whenever spamming few shadowbolts will not kill them quicker.
- Level 42 — cast Summon Demonic Tyrant with at least Call Dreadstalkers and 2 sets of Wild Imps to get the most out of its extension.
- Level 13 — cast Call Dreadstalkers on cooldown, regardless of the number of targets.
- Level 3 — Hand of Gul'dan is the first shard spender, and the only one without cooldown. Cast it whenever you have no other spender and you have 5 shards.
- Level 14 — Demonbolt is unlocked, however it is best not used until level 28 when you can instant cast it.
- Level 27 — Implosion should be used whenever there are 2 or more targets stacked.
In addition to these baseline abilities, there are a number of passive effects that you unlock throughout the leveling process that are worth knowing about:
- Level 10 — Mastery: Master Demonologist increases the damage of demons.
- Level 28 — Demonic Core gives each expiring Wild Imp a 10% chance to make your next Demonbolt cast instant. In addition every time Call Dreadstalkers expire, they guarantee 1 charge of Demonic Core. This buff stacks up to 4.
- Level 28 — Agony can now ramp up to 10 stacks, increasing its damage substantially.
- Level 43 — Soul Link substantially increase Warlock durability of both player and pet.
- Level 48 — Soulstone enable to instantly resurrect a player.
- Level 54 — Call Dreadstalkers reduces the cast time by 0.5 seconds.
- Level 56 — Fel Firebolt gives Wild Imps an extra cast before they run out of energy.
- Level 58 — Summon Demonic Tyrant now generates 5 Soul Shards.
Demonology Warlock PvP Talents for Leveling
- Call Fel Lord can be useful mostly when engaging with other players in PvP, as it offers a moment of respite from melee that are focusing you.
- Call Felhunter offers an interrupt every 24 seconds, provided your active pet is not the Felhunter.
- Call Observer summons a demon that will zap any enemy casting harmful spells within 20 yards for 5% of their maximum health.
- Master Summoner allows to take a different talent, such as Power Siphon over Demonic Calling.
- Pleasure through Pain gives a passive damage increase but requires Succubus as main pet choice.
Pet Choice for Demonology Warlock Leveling
Summon Imp is your first available demon. This pet is not particularly useful for leveling, but you have no choice for the early levels.
If you are leveling alone, Summon Voidwalker can be a helpful choice while leveling up, as it takes a lot of the pressure off you. Avoiding casting pushback can also increase leveling speed.
Summon Felguard is the default choice for the vast majority of content, leveling included, as demonology, due to a combination of hard Crowd Control, Damage, Cleave, and tanking potential.
Summon Felhunter can be a good choice if you are leveling in a group, or venturing into dungeons. The extra interrupt is helpful for dealing with troublesome caster mobs.
- 17 Oct. 2020: Corrected minor typos and talents.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Guide added.
- Voidwalker Solos Torghast Boss
- You Can Browse Legendary Powers and Slots in the Adventure Guide
- Valfir Mount Dropping Rare Hotfix Not Stopping Players from Killing Him
- Flight Path Perfect Music WeakAura
- How To Change Secondary Stats on the Mistcaller Ocarina Trinket
- Classic "Not a Bug List" Updated for December 4th
- Player Can Fly Anywhere in the Shadowlands
- You Can Collect 830 Soul Ash This Week