Demonology Warlock Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.0.7)
On this page, you will find our Level by Level Demonology Warlock leveling guide for Dragonflight Make sure to use the slider to make the guide adapt to your level. For more general leveling information, please refer to our Warlock leveling guide.
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. If the item levels are equal, you should choose the piece with stats that are most favorable to your specialization. If your current item is an Heirloom, it should not be replaced.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as an Demonology Warlock
Below you can see the suggested levelling talent build, and the order in which to pick the talents while levelling.
Rotation to Level Up as an Demonology Warlock
Starting at Level 1, you only have one main attack ability: Shadow Bolt.
- Level 2 — Cast Corruption to tag and soften up multiple enemies whenever spamming few shadowbolts will not kill them quicker.
- Level 59 — Cast Summon Demonic Tyrant with at least Call Dreadstalkers and 2 sets of Wild Imps to get the most out of its extension.
- Level 57 — Use Guillotine as often as possible, after enemies settle in melee range of Felguard.
- Level 11 — cast Call Dreadstalkers on cooldown, regardless of the number of targets.
- Level 1 — Hand of Gul'dan is the first shard spender, and the only one without cooldown. Cast it whenever you have no other spender and you have 5 shards.
- Level 17 — Use Soul Strike on cooldown, as long as you do not have 5 Soul Shards already.
- Level 13 — Demonbolt is unlocked, use it whenever a Demonic Core proc happens.
- Level 41 — Implosion should be used whenever there are 3 or more targets stacked.
Demonology Warlock PvP Talents for Leveling
- Call Fel Lord can be useful mostly when engaging with other players in PvP, as it offers a moment of respite from melee that are focusing you.
- Call Felhunter offers an interrupt every 24 seconds, provided your active pet is not the Felhunter.
- Call Observer summons a demon that will zap any enemy casting harmful spells within 20 yards for 5% of their maximum health.
- Master Summoner is passable at best, considering we take Demonic Calling.
- Pleasure through Pain gives a passive damage increase but requires Succubus as main pet choice.
- Gateway Mastery should always be considered to expedite your whereabouts in closed space where mounts are not usable.
- Bonds of Fel can offer further AoE burst when kiting targets around.
- Fel Obelisk is perhaps the strongest PvP leveling talent as it offers a very powerful cooldown.
Pet Choice for Demonology Warlock Leveling
Summon Imp is your first available demon. This pet is not particularly useful for leveling, but you have no choice for the early levels.
If you are leveling alone, Summon Voidwalker can be a helpful choice while leveling up, as it takes a lot of the pressure off you. Avoiding casting pushback can also increase leveling speed.
Summon Felguard is the default choice for the vast majority of content, leveling included, as demonology, due to a combination of hard Crowd Control, Damage, Cleave, and tanking potential.
Summon Felhunter can be a good choice if you are leveling in a group, or venturing into dungeons. The extra interrupt is helpful for dealing with troublesome caster mobs.
Congratulations on reaching Level 70! Now that you have hit Level 70 we recommend looking at our Easy mode page and Talents section to learn how to play at max level.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated talent tree for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- World Boss Bazual Available During the Week of March 22nd
- Baine Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Orc and Human Heritage Armor Cutscenes
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch