Fury Warrior PvP Guide (Shadowlands 9.2)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Warrior PvP guide.
Fury Warriors in the Current Meta
Fury Warrior takes on the style of playing very aggressively, attempting to end the game as quickly as possible, before they run out of defensive options and die in a stun. Fury Warrior can push out a lot of pressure and burst damage, and has great cleave damage with Whirlwind.
Fury Warrior has benefited a lot from the addition of Tier Sets, and is currently roughly on equal terms as of strength as Arms Warrior. Fury is a very single-minded specialization, which focuses on keeping the snowball rolling to further momentum with little care for defensive play. As long as you can stay aggressive, you will decimate any class in the game through Slaughterhouse and the Fury Warrior 4-Piece.
Changes in Patch 9.2
- Death Sentence now has a 6-second internal cooldown.
- Fleshcraft's absorb has been reduced to 25% of max HP
- You may now equip a 2nd Legendary in the form of Unity, which allows you to use your Covenant-specific Legendary alongside another Legendary.
- The return of Tier Sets are here and with it comes Fury Warrior 2-Piece and Fury Warrior 4-Piece bonuses for Fury Warrior.
- The 2-set bonus for wearing 2 PvP trinkets has been reworked to instead grant 175 Strength and 350 Stamina.
- Five new PvP trinkets have been added:
Strengths of Fury Warriors
- High sustained damage
- Recklessness gives a lot of burst damage
- Incredible healing output
- Enraged Regeneration is a strong defensive and useable while stunned
Weaknesses of Fury Warriors
- Struggles against consistent ranged slows
- Not a lot of utility
- Brings nothing unique from Arms Warrior
- Choice of PvP talents is very limited
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Fury Warrior PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Fury Warrior PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (dealing damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Fury Warrior PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Fury Warrior PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Fury Warrior PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Fury Warriors in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Fury Warrior PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Fury Warriors.
- On the Fury Warrior Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Fury Warriors, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Page updated for Patch 9.2.
- 08 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 03 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 25 Jan. 2021: Rewritten By Karanze for Shadowlands season 1.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 22 Oct. 2020: Updated for Patch 9.0.1.
- New Heartbond Lupine Flying Animation in Patch 9.2.5
- Cool New Patch 9.2.5 Windrunner Easter Egg
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes