Fury Warrior PvP Guide (Dragonflight 10.0.7)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Warrior PvP guide.
Fury Warriors in the Current Meta
Fury Warrior takes on the style of playing very aggressively, attempting to end the game as quickly as possible through decimating damage output and Slaughterhouse, capable of doing some of the strongest single-target pressure in the game. Fury Warrior does not bring a whole lot of utility but still has key abilities, such as Intervene and Disarm. The new addition of the talent system in Dragonflight has brought a lot of beneficial powers for Fury Warrior, namely that you can now use Storm Bolt, Impending Victory and Double Time at the same time.
Fury Warrior also has a robust defensive kit but has suffered from the recent nerfs to Slaughterhouse. Fury Warrior may have to rely on the Mortal Wounds effects of other specializations, such as Havoc Demon Hunter, Windwalker Monk or Hunter to have enough kill pressure to close out matches reliably.
Changes in Patch 10.0.7 (Dragonflight Season 1)
Fury Warrior has received no changes in this patch
Changes in Patch 10.0.5 (Dragonflight Season 1)
- Onslaught deals 40% increased damage and now generates 30 rage
- Unbridled Ferocity can now also be triggered with Onslaught
- Storm of Swords now increased the damage of Whirlwind by 80% and no longer has a damage penalty in PvP
- The damage of Execute and Annihilator have been increased by 15%
- The damage of Raging Blow, Rampage and Bloodthirst have been increased by 10%
- Bloodbath now does 5% more damage
- Slaughterhouse now lasts 16 seconds up from 12 seconds
- Thunderous Roar no longer deals reduced damage in PvP, and Uproar now reduces the cooldown by 30 seconds
Strengths of Fury Warriors
- High sustained damage
- Recklessness gives a lot of burst damage
- High mobility
- Incredible healing output
- Enraged Regeneration is a strong defensive and useable while stunned
Weaknesses of Fury Warriors
- Struggles against consistent ranged slows
- Lack of Bladestorm means high vulnerability to being hit with CC
- Not a lot of utility
- Slaughterhouse is a lackluster healing reduction effect
- Choice of PvP talents is minimal
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we split it into different pages.
- On the Fury Warrior PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Fury Warrior PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (dealing damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the
- On the Fury Warrior PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Fury Warrior PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Fury Warriors in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Fury Warrior PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Fury Warriors.
- On the Fury Warrior Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Fury Warriors, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 29 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Page updated for Patch 9.2.
- 08 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 03 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 25 Jan. 2021: Rewritten By Karanze for Shadowlands season 1.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 22 Oct. 2020: Updated for Patch 9.0.1.
Other PvP Guides
- World Boss Bazual Available During the Week of March 22nd
- Baine Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Orc and Human Heritage Armor Cutscenes
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch