Fury Warrior PvP Guide (Shadowlands 9.1)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Warrior PvP guide.
Fury Warriors in the Current Meta
Fury Warrior has received the new PvP talent Slaughterhouse. This talent is not all that great, but has made it a lot easier to kill targets. Fury Warrior now takes on the style of playing very aggressively, attempting to end the game as quickly as possible, before they run out of defensive options and die in a stun. Fury Warrior can push out a lot of pressure and burst damage, and has great cleave damage with Whirlwind. Luckily, many of Fury Warrior's weaknesses can be partially covered up through Conduits and Legendaries.
Fury Warrior is still not doing particularly good in the meta, and Arms Warrior is still stronger for rated PvP, but at least it has an identity now.
Changes in Patch 9.1
- Slaughterhouse and Warbringer were added.
- Demolition now also buffs Shattering Throw to deal an additional 500% damage to shields.
- Overwatch has been removed and replaced with Warbringer.
- 4 new Covenant-specific Legendaries have been added, one for each Covenant.
Strengths of Fury Warriors
- Good burst damage
- High sustained cleave damage
- Bloodrage is very strong against consistent roots
- Enraged Regeneration is a strong defensive and useable while stunned
Weaknesses of Fury Warriors
- All damage is physical and is reduced by armor
- Struggles against consistent ranged slows
- Not a lot of utility
- Brings nothing unique from Arms Warrior
- Very little passive durability and is therefore very squishy outside of Enraged Regeneration
- Choice of PvP talents is very limited
- Very few compositions in arena
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Fury Warrior PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Fury Warrior PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (dealing damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Fury Warrior PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Fury Warrior PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Fury Warrior PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Fury Warriors in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Fury Warrior PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Fury Warriors.
- On the Fury Warrior Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Fury Warriors, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 03 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 25 Jan. 2021: Rewritten By Karanze for Shadowlands season 1.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 22 Oct. 2020: Updated for Patch 9.0.1.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power