Marksmanship Hunter Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.2)
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. The only exception to this rule is if you have a Ring or Necklace with a slightly lower item level, but 2 secondary stats on it instead of 1.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Best Leveling Talents for Marksmanship Hunter
You unlock the Talent Trees at Level 10. Below is the recommended Leveling path when starting from Level 60. It should also be the tree you work towards as you level from 10-70.
Best Leveling Rotation for Marksmanship Hunter
- Use Death Chakram
- Use Explosive Shot
- On AoE, use Multi-Shot to apply Trick Shots. This buff makes your next Aimed Shot or Rapid Fire do AoE damage!
- Use Volley on cooldown.
- Use Trueshot for large pulls or difficult elite mobs.
- Use Mend Pet for large pulls to keep your pet healthy.
- Use Kill Shot on targets below 20% health, and whenever you get a Deathblow proc.
- Use Kill Shot on targets below 20% health.
- Use Rapid Fire on cooldown.
- Use Aimed Shot on cooldown. Make sure to spend your Precise Shots stacks first!
- Spam Arcane Shot. Use Multi-Shot instead of there are 3 or more targets!
- Use Steady Shot as a filler.
Best Leveling Pet for Marksmanship Hunter
All pets do the same damage, but they vary in their utility and special abilities. For Leveling, the best pet is any Ferocity-type pet, as they heal themselves whenever they do damage.
Ferocity pets also come with Primal Rage which is a Bloodlust effect. This should be used as often as possible when you are fighting for over thirty seconds.
You can find a list of all the Pets and the abilities they bring on our Spell Summary Page.
Level 70: Congratulations!
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 16 Feb. 2023: Fixed an issue with the talent order.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)