Affliction Warlock Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.1)
On this page, you will find our Level by Level Affliction Warlock leveling guide for Dragonflight Make sure to use the slider to make the guide adapt to your level. For more general leveling information, please refer to our Warlock leveling guide.
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. If the item levels are equal, you should choose the piece with stats that are most favorable to your specialization. If your current item is an Heirloom, it should not be replaced.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as an Affliction Warlock
Below you can see the suggested levelling talent build, and the order in which to pick the talents while levelling.
Rotation to Level Up as an Affliction Warlock
Starting at Level 1, you only have one main attack ability: Shadow Bolt.
- Level 10 — maintain Agony on the target. Prioritise it over Corruption when tagging mobs.
- Level 13 — keep Unstable Affliction rolling on the target. Consider recasting it on dying enemies to gain 1 Shard in the process.
- Level 53 — Soul Rot allows Drain Life to hit multiple targets, increasing your AoE burst.
- Level 49 — After unlocking Inevitable Demise Drain Life can be used as a burst tool, once you reach close to max stacks.
- Level 29 — Use Vile Taint as often as possible, prioritising multi-target situations.
- Level 2 — the first DoT becomes available Corruption, which should be used to tag and soften up multiple enemies whenever spamming few shadowbolts will not kill them quicker.
- Level 51 — Cast Summon Darkglare after having applied as many Damage over Time effect as possible.
- Level 11 — Malefic Rapture is the main Soul Shard spender both in single target and multitarget. To maximise its impact, cast it when you have the highest amount of periodic damage on targets.
- Level 21 — After unlocking Sow the Seeds, Seed of Corruption can now be used whenever there are 3 targets close, over Malefic Rapture.
- Level 19 — Seed of Corruption is unlocked, and is mostly used to spread Corruption on stacked targets to enable Malefic Rapture burst windows quicker.
Affliction Warlock PvP Talents for Leveling
- Rot and Decay can be very useful in situations with high sustained damage intake. Combining this with Essence Drain greatly increases your survivability and sustainability and opens a lot of doors for soloing difficult content.
- Essence Drain stacks a damage reduction effect on enemies that are damaged by your Drain Life. You can reduce their damage by up to 25%, which is a large increase to your ability to survive and sustain.
- Bane of Shadows causes damage over time effects to strike an additional time for 20% of their original damage while active. This offers a little bit of extra burst damage on a short cooldown.
- Bane of Fragility unfortunately only works on players, so it offers little benefit in terms of leveling.
- Rampant Afflictions is great in multitarget as Unstable Affliction is now our hardest hitting damage over time.
- Gateway Mastery should always be considered to expedite your whereabouts in closed space where mounts are not usable.
- > Bonds of Fel can offer further AoE burst when kiting targets around.
Pet Choice for Affliction Warlock Leveling
Summon Imp is your first available demon, but is best suited to Raid Environments. This pet is not particularly useful for leveling, but you have no choice for the early levels.
If you are leveling alone, Summon Voidwalker can be a helpful choice while leveling up, as it takes a lot of the pressure off you. Avoiding casting pushback can also increase leveling speed.
Summon Felhunter can be a good choice if you are leveling in a group, or venturing into dungeons. The extra interrupt is helpful for dealing with troublesome caster mobs.
Congratulations on reaching Level 70! Now that you have hit Level 70 we recommend looking at our Easy mode page and Talents section to learn how to play at max level.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated talent tree for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 5th: Class Tuning
- Dragonflight Season 2 DPS Log Rankings for Aberrus, Week 4: the Mythic Switch
- Price Update on WoW Services & Subscription Options in Ukraine and Turkey
- Leveling Improvements Coming in Patch 10.1.5
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 4)
- Dragonriding Cups Coming to Old Expansion Zones
- Brackenhide Hollow +24 Cleared Without a Healer
- Gamebreaking +840% Movement Speed Increase with Azerite