Affliction Warlock Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.0.2)
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. If the item levels are equal, you should choose the piece with stats that are most favorable to your specialization. If your current item is an Heirloom, it should not be replaced.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as an Affliction Warlock
Below you can see the suggested levelling talent build, and the order in which to pick the talents while levelling.
Rotation to Level Up as an Affliction Warlock
Starting at Level 1, you only have one main attack ability: Shadow Bolt.
- Level 10 — maintain Agony on the target. Prioritise it over Corruption when tagging mobs.
- Level 13 — keep Unstable Affliction rolling on the target. Consider recasting it on dying enemies to gain 1 Shard in the process.
- Level 53 — Soul Rot allows Drain Life to hit multiple targets, increasing your AoE burst.
- Level 49 — After unlocking Inevitable Demise Drain Life can be used as a burst tool, once you reach close to max stacks.
- Level 29 — Use Vile Taint as often as possible, prioritising multi-target situations.
- Level 2 — the first DoT becomes available Corruption, which should be used to tag and soften up multiple enemies whenever spamming few shadowbolts will not kill them quicker.
- Level 51 — Cast Summon Darkglare after having applied as many Damage over Time effect as possible.
- Level 11 — Malefic Rapture is the main Soul Shard spender both in single target and multitarget. To maximise its impact, cast it when you have the highest amount of periodic damage on targets.
- Level 21 — After unlocking Sow the Seeds, Seed of Corruption can now be used whenever there are 3 targets close, over Malefic Rapture.
- Level 19 — Seed of Corruption is unlocked, and is mostly used to spread Corruption on stacked targets to enable Malefic Rapture burst windows quicker.
Affliction Warlock PvP Talents for Leveling
- Rot and Decay can be very useful in situations with high sustained damage intake. Combining this with Essence Drain greatly increases your survivability and sustainability and opens a lot of doors for soloing difficult content.
- Essence Drain stacks a damage reduction effect on enemies that are damaged by your Drain Life. You can reduce their damage by up to 25%, which is a large increase to your ability to survive and sustain.
- Bane of Shadows causes damage over time effects to strike an additional time for 20% of their original damage while active. This offers a little bit of extra burst damage on a short cooldown.
- Bane of Fragility unfortunately only works on players, so it offers little benefit in terms of leveling.
- Rampant Afflictions is great in multitarget as Unstable Affliction is now our hardest hitting damage over time.
- Gateway Mastery should always be considered to expedite your whereabouts in closed space where mounts are not usable.
- > Bonds of Fel can offer further AoE burst when kiting targets around.
Pet Choice for Affliction Warlock Leveling
Summon Imp is your first available demon, but is best suited to Raid Environments. This pet is not particularly useful for leveling, but you have no choice for the early levels.
If you are leveling alone, Summon Voidwalker can be a helpful choice while leveling up, as it takes a lot of the pressure off you. Avoiding casting pushback can also increase leveling speed.
Summon Felhunter can be a good choice if you are leveling in a group, or venturing into dungeons. The extra interrupt is helpful for dealing with troublesome caster mobs.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Black Empire Map Exploration in Dragonflight
- Very Useful Interact Button Tip
- Aiding the Accord Weekly Quest Progress Carries Over from Previous Week
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Week #2
- An Overview of Mount Rewards in Dragonflight Season 1
- Vault of the Incarnates Death Knight Tier Set and Set Bonuses
- Torghast in Dragonflight: Easy Achievements & Mounts
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.2 Hotfixes, December 5th: Massive Class Tuning