Warrior Shadowlands Leveling Guide From 1 to 60
Table of Contents
- 1. Leveling in Shadowlands
- 2. Best Leveling Spec for Warriors in Shadowlands
- 3. Ability Unlocks for Warrior Leveling in Shadowlands
- 4. Best Heirloom Items for Warrior Leveling in Shadowlands
- 5. Changelog
Leveling in Shadowlands
Welcome to our Warrior leveling guide. Here you will find all you need to know to level up your Warrior efficiently. Leveling received a lot of changes in Shadowlands, which we have documented in our Shadowlands Leveling Changes page. In addition, we now have a revamped Leveling guide, complete with detailed information on XP, mounts, addons, consumables, tips, and more. We encourage to read it to increase your leveling speed even more.
Leveling up as a Warrior is fairly simple and straight forward. You Charge in and hit things. Another great thing is that you can swap between a Tank Specialization and a DPS Specialization to get into Dungeon groups a lot faster. When it comes to actual questing, we have plenty of tools to keep ourselves healthy and deal a lot of damage both in AoE and single-target situations.
Best Leveling Spec for Warriors in Shadowlands
When choosing which Spec to level as you first have to think if you wish to level as a Tank or as a DPS. All 3 Warrior Specs are capable of fast questing and will not hinder your leveling process. If you decide to level either as Fury or Arms then it is worth keeping in mind that if you are having trouble getting into a Dungeon group as DPS just swap over to Protection and you will most likely find a group faster.
Fury and Arms are both solid in solo content and can deal out a lot of damage with their various abilities.They both also have plenty of sustain to get through their enemies without having to slow down. Choosing which one to level as will come down to which playstyle you enjoy most.Below you can find the guides for both to make your decision easier!
While Protection Warrior does less damage than Fury and Arms they do have their own strengths. One of the best examples is that you can pull a lot of enemies together and still survive thanks to all the various defensive abilities they have. In addition to the survivability we also have plenty of offensive tools to deal with any amount of enemies swiftly making questing a breeze.
Ability Unlocks for Warrior Leveling in Shadowlands
- At Level 2, you unlock Charge. This will help you close the gap between you and your enemy and also generates Rage.
- At Level 3, you unlock Shield Slam. Deals damage to a single enemy and should be used on cooldown until you pick a specialization at level 10.
- At Level 4, you unlock Hamstring. Slow down a single enemy helping to put some distance between you.
- At Level 5, you unlock Victory Rush. Allows you to heal yourself after defeating a enemy. This will help you to keep healthy during leveling.
- At Level 6, you unlock Shield Block. A strong defensive ability that costs Rage and makes you block incoming physical attacks.
- At Level 6, you also unlock Execute via a Quest called "A Warrior's End". It is a high damage combat finisher, normally usable when the target is below 20% health.
- At Level 7, you unlock Pummel, which interrupts enemy spellcasting and prevents them from casting again for a short time.
- At Level 8, you also unlock Taunt, a threat tool which forces the enemy to focus and attack you.
- At Level 9, you unlock Whirlwind. AoE ability that hits up to 5 enemies and costs Rage to use.
- At Level 17, you unlock Ignore Pain. Provides you with a shield that absorbs part of incoming damage but costs Rage.
- At Level 24, you unlock Heroic Throw. Your ranged attack that lets you attack enemies from a far. Mainly used to get aggro of enemies that are further away since it does very little damage.
- At Level 29, you unlock Berserker Rage, a defensive ability which removes some loss of control effects.
- At Level 33, you unlock Heroic Leap allowing you to leap quickly from one place to another within its range.
- At Level 34, you unlock Intimidating Shout, which disorients enemies around you for a short time.
- At Level 39, you unlock Battle Shout, a group-wide buff which increases damage done.
- At Level 41, you unlock Shattering Throw, a ranged damaging ability with a cast time that deals increased damage against absorbs and removes any magical immunities.
- At Level 46, you unlock Rallying Cry, a defensive group cooldown, which increases current and maximum health for a short time.
- At Level 47, you unlock Spell Reflection. This causes a short buff which reduces magical damage taken and causes any hostile spell cast at you to be reflected back toward its user, affecting them instead.
- At Level 54, you unlock Challenging Shout. This lets you taunt all enemies to attack you for 6 seconds.
Best Heirloom Items for Warrior Leveling in Shadowlands
Heirlooms will help make Leveling a even smoother experience. When looking to buy them you should keep in mind to get the ones that provide you Haste. Haste will lower the cooldown of most of your abilities and make the whole process a lot smoother. To get more information about Heirlooms and where to actually obtain them from you can take a look at the guide below!
- 28 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Revamped page for Shadowlands, with subpages for each spec.
- 21 Jan. 2018: This page has been reviewed and there are no changes necessary for BfA Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed and there are no changes necessary for patch 8.1.
- 18 Aug. 2018: Adjusted formatting and cleaned up some roational and ability information.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Added Protection section.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Revamp of the page for BfA.
- J. Allen Brack Game Maker's Notebook Interview From Just Before the Lawsuit
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: August 2nd
- Fly Without a Mount, Cast Spells, Even in Instances on BCC PTR!
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic and Heroic DPS Log Rankings, Week 4: A Look At Individual Bosses
- Teldrassil Animated Wallpaper Engine and Fan Art (Both During and Pre-Burning)
- Advanced Nightborne Customization (Fan Concept)
- The Most Popular DPS for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 2 (Week of July 27)
- Korthia Rift Treasures Suggested Map, Route and Tips
- Which are the most complex classes?
- Destruction Warlock Leveling
- Subtlety Rogue Shadowlands
- Mechagnomes Allied Race
- Frost Death Knight Leveling
- Torghast Adamant Vaults
- Soul Cinders
- BfA Level 120 Battle Guide