Restoration Druid Shadowlands Leveling Guide From 1 to 60
The best gearing while levelling is quick and easy upgrades with the highest item level possible, stats are not relevant and the gear will be swiftly replaced as you go through the levels, so try not to go too out of your way for a single piece of gear while levelling. Try to avoid Mastery on gear since it does not provide any damage benefit.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as a Restoration Druid
Your first talent row unlocks at Level 15.
Your talent set up should be as follows.
- Level 15: Cenarion Ward
- Level 25: Wild Charge
- Level 30: Feral Affinity
- Level 35: Heart of the Wild
- Level 40: Soul of the Forest
- Level 45: Overgrowth
- Level 50: Photosynthesis
Rotation to Level Up as a Restoration Druid
Starting at Level 1, you only have one main attack ability: Wrath.
- Moonfire is a great damage over time spell that you should use against any enemy you are fighting.
- Sunfire deals damage to a target, similar to Moonfire. It will also apply a damage over time effect to all enemies within 8 yards at level 32.
- Use Heart of the Wild for big pulls or powerful elite mobs.
- You gain all spells from a selected Affinity. Keep Rake up on any enemies you are fighting.
- Cat Form. You move 30% faster in Cat Form. This also unlocks Shred, a single target attack only usable in Cat Form and awards 1 Combo Point.
- Use Swipe if there are 2 or more enemies near you.
- Ferocious Bite deals damage based on the amount of combo points spent. The damage is further increased for each Energy point used beyond 25, up to 25 extra.
- Use Rip instead of Ferocious Bite if you expect the enemy to live long enough for the DoT to do all of the damage.
Summary of Unlocked Abilities for Restoration Druid
With the new leveling system in Shadowlands, you will gain many of the class abilities passively as a part of levelling process. You will only start getting Restoration specific abilities and passives once you select it as your active specialisation after Level 10.
If you want an in-depth overview of all your abilities, click on the button below:
Restoration Druid War Mode Talents for Leveling
In this section we will highlight the most useful War Mode PvP talents to speed up your levelling process. Unfortunately, none of the others provide anything useful in terms of damage output.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Guide added.
- The Lowest Mythic Wipe in WoW History?
- Patch 9.1 Raid Testing Schedule: April 22nd
- The Reddit Singularity: Deathwing As Both Mount and Player Housing
- Fire Mage in Patch 9.1: An Initial PTR Spec Overview
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- Torghast, Sanctum of Domination Loot Item Level
- When Will Daisy the Sloth Become Available?
- New Text-to-Speech Accessibility Option Coming in Patch 9.1