Restoration Druid Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.0.2)
The best gearing while levelling is quick and easy upgrades with the highest item level possible, stats are not relevant, and the gear will be swiftly replaced as you go through the levels, so try not to go too out of your way for a single piece of equipment while levelling. Try to avoid Mastery on gear since it does not provide any damage benefit.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as a Restoration Druid
Note that talent recommendations for leveling will differ from talent recommendations for Mythic+ and raids at max level.
Rows 1-4 Talents are as follows:
- Nature's Swiftness
- Passing Seasons
- Cenarion Ward
- Improved Regrowth
- Ysera's Gift
- Grove Tending
- Omen of Clarity
Rows 5-7 Talents are as follows:
- Soul of the Forest
- Harmonious Blooming x2
- Rampant Growth
- Improved Ironbark
- Unstoppable Growth x2
Rows 8-10 Talents are as follows:
- Adaptive Swarm
- Convoke the Spirits
- Verdant Infusion
- Unbridled Swarm
- Circle of Life and Death
- Cenarius' Guidance
- Budding Leaves x2
Rotation to Level Up as a Restoration Druid
Starting at Level 1, you only have one main attack ability: Wrath.
- Adaptive Swarm should be used on cooldown for healing and damage.
- Convoke the Spirits is a great spell to damage an enemy and heal your group quickly.
- Moonfire is a great damage over time spell that you should use against any enemy you are fighting.
- Sunfire deals damage to a target, similar to Moonfire. It will also apply a damage over time effect to all enemies within 8 yards at level 32.
- Ferocious Bite deals damage based on the amount of combo points spent. The damage is increased further for each Energy point used beyond 25, up to 25 extra.
- Use Rip instead of Ferocious Bite if you expect the enemy to live long enough for the DoT to do all the damage.
- You gain your first talent point, spend it on Rake.
- Use Thrash if there are 2 or more enemies near you.
- Cat Form. You move 30% faster in Cat Form. This also unlocks Shred, a single target attack only usable in Cat Form and awards 1 Combo Point.
- Use Swipe if there are 2 or more enemies near you, and Thrash is already up.
Summary of Unlocked Abilities for Restoration Druid
Keep in mind that most of your abilities for leveling come in the form of talents, and you should path towards them specifically.
If you want an in-depth overview of all your abilities, click on the button below:
Restoration Druid War Mode Talents for Leveling
In this section, we will highlight the most useful War Mode PvP talents to speed up your levelling process. Unfortunately, none of the others provide anything useful in terms of damage output.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- The True Endboss of Dragonflight Is... Trees?
- All Dragonscale Expedition Flag Locations for Easy 5,000 Reputation
- Doubleagent Has Just Reached Level 66
- Join Us on Twitch for Episode 2 of the Icy Veins Podcast
- BtWQuests Addon for Dragonflight
- How to Get the Secret Scrappy Worldsnail Mount in Dragonflight
- Darkmoon Profession Quests Now Available on Live Servers
- Alchemy Experimentation Reportedly Re-Enabled