Enhancement Shaman PvP Guide (Shadowlands 9.1)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Shaman PvP guide.
Enhancement Shaman in the Current Meta
Enhancement Shamans have flown under the radar as far as damage goes. Although their sustained damage is low, what makes them scary is how strong their burst is with Doom Winds. With tools such as strong self-healing with Healing Surge, Purge to dispel important enemy buffs, and Heroism/ Bloodlust being able to be used in Arenas, they are certainly a threat to any class.
Strengths of Enhancement Shaman
- Strong burst damage with Ascendance, Doom Winds, and Chain Harvest
- Has Healing Surge and Healing Stream Totem for strong off-healing
- Short cooldown interrupt in Wind Shear
- Grounding Totem and Tremor Totem provide strong utility to the team
- Purge is crucial in matchups
Weaknesses of Enhancement Shaman
- Single defensive cooldown
- Damage is dependent on uptime
- Healing is limited by Mana and dependent on uptime
- Few mobility cooldowns
- Predictable burst damage
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (damaging, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Enhancement Shamans in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Enhancement Shamans.
- On the Enhancement Shaman Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Enhancement Shamans, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated based on Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated ahead of first Shadowlands PvP Season.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Added Covenant page and removed Azerite/Essence mentions. More updates to come.
- 18 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power