Enhancement Shaman PvP Guide (Dragonflight 10.0.7)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Shaman PvP guide.
Enhancement Shaman in the Current Meta
Enhancement Shamans are extremely powerful in the pre-patch for Dragonflight. This is due to Doom Winds and Elemental Blast , now being very powerful cooldowns. The improved sustained damage through buffs to Windfury Weapon increases Enhancement Shaman to be meta in the current state of the game.
Notable 10.0.7 Changes
- Astral Shift duration increased to 12 seconds (was 8 seconds)
- Go With The Flow now reduces the cooldown of Spirit Walk by 10/20 seconds (was 7.5/15 seconds).
- Swirling Currents has been redesigned – Increases the healing done by Healing Stream Totem and Cloudburst Totem by 10%/20%.
- Several adjustments to talent positions.
Enhancement Shamans' Strengths
- Strong melee and ranged damage and burst
- Multiple interupts
- Significant caster distruption
- Strong healing
- Grounding Totem and Tremor Totem provide strong utility to the team
Enhancement Shamans' Weaknesses
- Predictable burst damage
- Limited crowd-control
- Single defensive cooldown
- Damage is dependent on uptime
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (damaging, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Enhancement Shamans in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Enhancement Shamans.
- On the Enhancement Shaman Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Enhancement Shamans, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.0.7.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 31 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 27 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 of Shadowlands
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 of Shadowlands.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated based on Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated ahead of first Shadowlands PvP Season.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Added Covenant page and removed Azerite/Essence mentions. More updates to come.
- 18 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
Other PvP Guides
- World Boss Bazual Available During the Week of March 22nd
- Baine Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Orc and Human Heritage Armor Cutscenes
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch