Enhancement Shaman PvP Guide (Shadowlands 9.2.5)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Shaman PvP guide.
Enhancement Shaman in the Current Meta
Enhancement Shamans have flown under the radar as far as damage goes. Their sustained damage is very strong with Elemental Blast, and the consistent disruption the specialization brings to the team.
Changes in Patch 9.2
Patch 9.2 has brought many changes to Enhancement Shaman. The playstyle of the specialization has changed to be more focused on the casted abilities like Elemental Blast. In addition, the choice of which Covenant for double Legendaries will be important now, as well as the tier set bonuses.
- Frost Shock damage increased by 40%.
- If you Lava Lash a target that has Flame Shock on them, Lava Lash will now spread Flame Shock to up to 3 nearby enemies in an 8-yard radius. If all enemies in the area are already affected with Flame Shock, it will refresh the duration of Flame Shock instead.
- Unruly Winds chance to trigger is now 15% to 50% based on item level (was 20% to 35%).
- Magma Fist additional Critical Strike chance is now 12% to 37.2% based on item level (was 15% to 25%).
- Focused Lightning damage or healing increase is now 5% to 12% based on item level (was 1% to 4.5%).
- Chilled to the Core chance to trigger is now 30% to 72% based on item level (was 21% to 35%).
- Ice Strike and Sundering are no longer able to be used while disarmed.
- Healing Surge healing reduced by 29% in PvP combat (was 20%).
- Ice Strike and Sundering can now properly cause the Flametongue weapon damage effect.
- Frost Shock and Flame Shock no longer share cooldowns.
- Mana costs of Crash Lightning, Fire Nova, Windfury Totem, Lava Lash have been significantly reduced.
- You may now equip a 2nd Legendary in the form of Unity, which allows you to use your Covenant-specific Legendary alongside another Legendary.
- Tier set bonuses have returned with a Feral Spirit pet and Stormstrike focused 2-set and 4-set, specifically Enhancement Shaman 2-Piece and Enhancement Shaman 4-Piece for Enhancement Shaman.
- The 2-set bonus for wearing 2 PvP trinkets has been reworked to instead grant 175 Agility and 350 stamina.
- Five new PvP trinkets have been added:
Strengths of Enhancement Shaman
- Strong burst damage with Ascendance, Chain Harvest, and Elemental Blast
- Has Healing Surge and Healing Stream Totem for strong off-healing
- Short cooldown interrupt in Wind Shear
- Grounding Totem and Tremor Totem provide strong utility to the team
- Purge is crucial in matchups
Weaknesses of Enhancement Shaman
- Single defensive cooldown
- Damage is dependent on uptime
- Healing is limited by Mana and dependent on uptime
- Few mobility cooldowns
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (damaging, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Enhancement Shamans in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Enhancement Shaman PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Enhancement Shamans.
- On the Enhancement Shaman Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Enhancement Shamans, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 27 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 of Shadowlands
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 of Shadowlands.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated based on Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated ahead of first Shadowlands PvP Season.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Added Covenant page and removed Azerite/Essence mentions. More updates to come.
- 18 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Alliance Sepulcher Mythic Hall of Fame Closing this Week
- Sepulcher of the First Ones 9.2.5 Mythic DPS, Tank and Healer Log Rankings, Week 5: Affliction Is Back
- How to Receive Different Weapons from Zereth Mortis World and Daily Quests
- Very Solid Ocean Near Stormwind Defeats Player
- Impressive Stormwind Recreation in Minecraft (Video)
- Idol of Y'Shaarj Shadow Priest Talent Explained
- Upcoming Sepulcher of the First Ones Raid Tuning: July 5th
- A Preview of Priest Talent Trees in Dragonflight