Holy Paladin PvP Guide in Battle for Azeroth (Shadowlands 9.0.1)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Paladin PvP guide.
Holy Paladins in the Current Meta
Holy Paladins are always a strong healing specialization. With strong utility for teammates and the ability to actually deal large amounts of damage, they are considered one of the best healers. A strong understanding of cooldowns and when to use them is important to be good at this specialization.
Strengths of Holy Paladins
- Large amount of healing cooldowns
- Multiple defensive abilities
- Great burst healing
Weaknesses of Holy Paladins
- Weak spread healing
- Easy to swap to if overextended
- Limited mobility when out of Blessing of Freedoms
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (healing, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Azerite Traits and Essences page, you will find advice on choosing the best essence powers and the best azerite traits.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets and Azerite gear.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Holy Paladins in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Holy Paladins.
- On the Holy Paladin Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Holy Paladins, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (Patch 9.0.1).
- A Cool Way to Enter the Venthyr Covenant Sanctum in Sinfall
- Want to Know How Many Times You've Tried to Mount in the Maw but Couldn't?
- Torghast Boss One-shots, Cheesing, Crazy DPS and More
- Fast Plaguefall Hunter Legendary Farm Method
- Most Popular Classes and Specializations in Shadowlands on Icy Veins
- New In-Game Player Memorials in Silvermoon City?
- Sinrunner Blanchy's Alive Form Discovered
- Varok Saurfang's Mak'gora Cinematic Upscaled to 4K