Holy Paladin PvP Guide (Dragonflight 10.0.7)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Paladin PvP guide.
Holy Paladins in the Current Meta
Holy Paladins are always a strong healing specialization. With powerful utility for teammates and the ability to deal large amounts of damage, they are considered one of the best healers. A strong understanding of cooldowns and when to use them is important to be good at this specialization.
Strengths of Holy Paladins
- Large amount of healing cooldowns
- Multiple defensive abilities
- Great burst healing
Weaknesses of Holy Paladins
- Weak spread healing
- Easy to swap to if overextended
- Limited mobility when out of Blessing of Freedoms
Notable 10.0.7 Changes
- Several talents have been moved:
- Divine Toll and Divine Resonance have been moved from the specialization tree to the class tree.
- Sanctified Wrath now occupies Divine Toll’s previous location.
- Added a connection between Sanctified Wrath and Glimmer.
Content of the Guide
This guide was very long, so we split it into different pages.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (healing, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Holy Paladins in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Holy Paladins.
- On the Holy Paladin Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Holy Paladins, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-patch.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Added Notable Changes section.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 23 Dec. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (Patch 9.0.1).
Other PvP Guides
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd
- Primordial Stone Hotfix Changes: March 23rd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd