Holy Paladin PvP Guide (Shadowlands 9.2.5)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Paladin PvP guide.
Holy Paladins in the Current Meta
Holy Paladins are always a strong healing specialization. With strong utility for teammates and the ability to actually deal large amounts of damage, they are considered one of the best healers. A strong understanding of cooldowns and when to use them is important to be good at this specialization.
Strengths of Holy Paladins
- Large amount of healing cooldowns
- Multiple defensive abilities
- Great burst healing
Weaknesses of Holy Paladins
- Weak spread healing
- Easy to swap to if overextended
- Limited mobility when out of Blessing of Freedoms
Notable 9.2 Changes
- Judgment, Hammer of Wrath, and Holy Shock damage reduced.
- Access to a second Legendary power
- Tier Sets and bonuses have returned
- Five new PvP trinkets have been added:
- New PvP Trinket set bonus that grants Intellect and Stamina instead of Versatility
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (healing, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Holy Paladins in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Holy Paladin PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Holy Paladins.
- On the Holy Paladin Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Holy Paladins, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Added Notable Changes section.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 23 Dec. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (Patch 9.0.1).
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st