Cheap Shade of Aran Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
Table of Contents
This deck can be used to defeat Shade of Aran on Heroic Mode. It is built to take advantage of the huge Spell Damage buff that you both receive and just races the opponent for damage with burn spells.
1. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Sottle, a professional Hearthstone player who plays for compLexity Gaming. Sottle regularly streams on Twitch and explains all of his moves. Watching him is a good opportunity to see how this and other decks play out in practice, and how decisions are made in real time.
2. Cheap Shade of Aran Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
Our deck costs 2,440 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Mage Cards||Neutral Cards|
Copy Export String to Clipboard
2.1. Mana Curve
Mulligan for your low cost spells and Babbling Book. The strategy for this fight is fairly straightforward and you will simply be looking to use your damage spells in the most Mana-efficient way possible to kill Shade of Aran before he can kill you.
The only real tech decision in this deck is the addition of Kezan Mystic, which can be used to steal his incredibly overpowered Secret (Flame Wreath). Keep in mind that you do not have to play Kezan Mystic immediately, however, since this deck plays so few minions that it will rarely be attacking the opponent to activate the Secret. Try to make the most Mana-efficient play possible, even if it means leaving his Secret up for another turn. When you need to use minions, try to use your spells that cannot be targeted at the Hero, such as Arcane Blast, Arcane Explosion, and Forbidden Flame. Also keep in mind that Forbidden Flame starts at 5 damage even if you have 0 Mana available to spend on it, so you can usually play out a full turn first and still have enough damage remaining to clear a minion.
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- Tavern Brawl: Ahune's Superior Brawl
- The Frost Festival Is Upon Us!
- The Lich King Opens Up an Ice Cream Shop [Video]
- Ben Brode AMA Summary: July 14
- Tavern Brawl: Clash of the Minions
- The Lich King Is Back, but not Good Enough [Video]
- Frost Festival: Free Arena Run & KOTF Packs
- HoF Discussions
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Budget Jade Druid Standard
- How to combat jade druid / earthen scales
- Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Caverns below nerfed...what about Fire Plume's Heart???
- Taunt Quest Warrior Deck List