Brawler's Guild: Johnny Awesome (Rank 2) Battle for Azeroth (BfA )
Table of Contents
- 1. Abilities and Strategy
- 2. Generic Advice
- 3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
- 4. Changelog
Johnny Awesome is your third Brawler's Guild Rank 2 opponent. The fight is simple, but can be difficult for melee classes.
Abilities and Strategy
Johnny Awesome has several different abilities.
The first thing you will notice is that Johnny Awesome has a pet, Dazzle. The pet deals a moderate amount of damage with its melee attack, but this should not cause any problems.
Johnny Awesome's first ability, Volley, spawns a green circle at your location. A few seconds later, the area will be hit by arrows, and if you are still standing there, you will take a lot of damage It is recommended to avoid these areas, and this is the reason why the fight might be troublesome for melee, because the circles spawn on top of the boss and there is no way to move him.
Johnny Awesome also uses Shoot, which is a standard ability that will deal a low amount of Physical damage to you.
Very importantly, the boss uses Powershot. This has a 5-second cast time and it deals a massive amount of damage to its target, also leaving behind a bleed effect. However, it is important to note that the arrow fired by Powershot will hit the first target it hits. So, you should position yourself in such a way that Powershot will hit Johnny Awesome's pet on its way to you. This will kill the pet after 2 casts of Powershot, at which time Johnny Awesome will cast Revive Dazzle (15-second cast time) to revive it, during which time he takes 100% increased damage.
The strategy for defeating Johnny Awesome is as follows.
- If you are a melee, start the fight at range so that Johnny Awesome spawns the green circles away from him. This will help you later in the fight when you want to be focusing your damage and cooldowns on him.
- If you are ranged, stay at range from him and avoid the green circles.
- Do not do any damage to Dazzle, since Powershot will kill it.
- Use offensive cooldowns when the boss is casting Revive Dazzle.
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Brawler's Battle Potion of Agility, a Brawler's Battle Potion of Intellect, or a Brawler's Battle Potion of Strength.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Coastal Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- 13 Mar. 2019: Updated for BfA 8.1.5. The fight remains unchanged, but is now the third fight of rank 1 (previously was the fourth fight of rank 3).
- 04 Jan. 2017: Guide added.
- What's New in Patch 9.0.5 Build 37705?
- The Most Popular Tanks and Healers for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 Week 12
- Death Knight / Druid / Mage / Monk / Priest / Warrior Class Changes in Patch 9.0.5 Build 37705
- How to Easily Avoid Mythic Kil'jaeden Knockback
- Vengeance for Teldrassil (Denied BlizzConline 2021 Storytelling Contest Submission)
- WoW Classic Achievements Addon
- Shadowlands Covenant Data by Class and Spec
- Third Maw Mount Coming in Patch 9.0.5 - Bound Shadehound
- Frost Mage Shadowlands
- Death knight sanctuary needs an upgrade
- Restoration Druid Shadowlands
- Shadowlands Weekly/Daily To-Do List
- Shadow Priest Shadowlands
- Beast Mastery Hunter Shadowlands
- Demonology Warlock Leveling
- Unholy Death Knight Leveling