Brawler's Guild: Serpent of Old (Rank 7) (Legion 7.1.5)
Table of Contents
- 1. Abilities and Strategy
- 2. Generic Advice
- 3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
- 4. Changelog
Serpent of Old is your second Brawler's Guild Rank 7 opponent. The fight is extremely simple, but requires perfect execution, because the slightest mistake will cause you to die.
This encounter is not currently part of the Battle for Azeroth season of the Brawler's Guild.
Abilities and Strategy
As part of the fight, there are 4 totems present around the room. For every second that the boss is in range of a totem (indicated by a link between him and the totem), he will gain a stack of a buff specific to that totem. We list them below.
- Healing Flume Totem (green) heals him for 0.01% of maximum health per second, per stack.
- Invigorating Totem (blue) increases his Haste by 6% and movement speed by 2% per stack.
- Totem of Ferocity (red) increases his damage done by 3% per stack.
- Warding Totem (white) reduces his damage taken by 1% per stack.
The buffs applied by the totems last 36 seconds, and each new stack refreshes the duration.
The strategy for the fight is to move the boss between the totems so that neither of the buffs he gains gets to stack very high, and has a chance to drop off. If you can handle it (from a defensive point of view), then you should avoid bringing him close to the white and red totems, but if you are taking too much damage from just his green and blue totem buffs, you can do this to recover your health a bit.
Note that on the PTR, sometimes there appeared a green circle on the ground which after a few seconds exploded dealing massive damage. If this remains the case on live servers, simply move out of this effect.
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Brawler's Battle Potion of Agility, a Brawler's Battle Potion of Intellect, or a Brawler's Battle Potion of Strength.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Coastal Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- 05 Jan. 2017: Guide added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2
- Preservation Evoker PvE
- Windwalker Monk PvE
- Outlaw Rogue PvE
- Beast Mastery Hunter PvE
- Arcane Mage PvE