Alizabal Detailed Strategy Guide
Table of Contents
This guide is intended to provide a comprehensive description of the encounter with Alizabal in Baradin Hold. It is targeted at anyone who desires to understand the fight mechanics.
This guide is updated for World of Warcraft WoD 6.1.2.
Alizabal is a boss within the Baradin Hold raid instance, introduced in Patch 4.3 of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. The encounter is extremely simple in terms of mechanics and gear requirements, and will only test a few basic skills for your raid.
As Argaloth corresponds to Tier 11, and Occu'thar corresponds to Tier 12, so Alizabal corresponds to Tier 13, dropping various Tier Set pieces in addition to a large variety of PvP items from the Arena Season 11.
|Difficulty||Alizabal's Health||Enrage Timer||Raid Composition|
Overview of the Fight
During the encounter, your tanks will have to taunt the boss off of one another at specific intervals, and the rest of your raid members will have to stack up and spread out at certain times.
Alizabal only has 3 abilities:
- Skewer is an ability that Alizabal uses to stun the current
tank and apply a debuff on them, that causes them to take 10,000 Physical
damage every 2 seconds for 8 seconds as well as a 150% increase in damage
taken for the same duration. Dealing with this ability requires a tank swap.
- Seething Hate is a debuff that Alizabal casts on a random raid member. She appears to cast this ability roughly every 20 seconds, although this timing is often offset by her next ability. It deals a high amount of Fire damage (200,000 in 10-man difficulty and 600,000 in 25-man difficulty), split among all players within 6 yards of the afflicted player.
- Blade Dance is an AoE ability that Alizabal uses to damage all players within 13 yards of her. She casts this ability once every minute. For 15 seconds, Alizabal deflects all attacks made against her and will move around, from random player to random player, several times while this effect is active, before returning to her normal state.
- The tanks should taunt the boss off of each other each time the current tank is afflicted by Skewer.
- The entire raid should stack up in melee range of Alizabal. This will make healing easier and will ensure that the damage from Seething Hate is soaked properly.
- When Alizabal goes into Blade Dance, everyone should spread out immediately, and any players that Alizabal moves to should get away from her immediately to reduce the damage that they take.
As a useful reference, Seething Hate appears to always be cast twice in between two casts of Blade Dance, meaning that if two Seething Hates have been cast, your raid can spread out in anticipation for Blade Dance.
This concludes the Alizabal encounter guide. As you can see, this boss follows the same pattern set by previous Baradin Hold bosses of an easy and straightforward fight, one that can easily be performed even by less organized pick-up groups.
- Hunter Stable Size Increased to 205 Slots in Shadowlands
- Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34972: Class Changes
- Tyrannical Affix No Longer Affects Boss Mobs in Shadowlands
- Priest Legendary Powers in Shadowlands
- Shaman Legendary Powers in Shadowlands
- Changes to Combat Potions on the Shadowlands Alpha
- Demon Hunter Shadowlands Major Class Changes: July 1st
- An Update on Pelagos' Pronouns on the Shadowlands Alpha
- Whomever wrote this spec page needs work
- BM DPS
- Corrupted Mementos
- Druid Changes
- Shadow Priest 8.3
- Midsummer Fire Festival
- Echo's Clarification
- Affliction Warlock 8.3