Brawler's Guild: Akama (Rank 1) (WoD 6.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Abilities and Strategy
- 2. Generic Advice
- 3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
- 4. Changelog
Akama is your fourth Brawler's Guild Rank 1 opponent. The fight against him will require you to quickly dispose of the spirit wolves he spawns. Classes with weak AoE abilities have a bit of a disadvantage here. Before we delve further into the explanations, we advise you to first watch this very short video, which shows how the fight with Akama goes.
Abilities and Strategy
Akama has several abilities. He also has a rather weak melee attack, but as we are going to see, it grows more powerful as the fight drags on.
- Chain Lightning is often cast by Akama and it deals very moderate damage to you.
- Feral Spirit is used by Akama to summon a wolf that will fight by his side until you kill it.
- Thunderstorm will sometimes knock you back.
- Shadow Strikes applies a stacking buff on Akama that causes his melee attacks to deal increasing additional Shadow damage.
The main concern of the fight is to take care of the wolves as soon as they appear. If you ignore them, they will most likely end up overwhelming you.
The other concern is Shadow Strikes, as it buffs the damage of Akama's melee attack. To deal with it, you must keep your defensive cooldowns for the end of the fight.
Chain Lightning and Thunderstorm are of little concern.
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Potion of Brawler's Might, a Potion of Brawler's Cunning, or a Potion of Brawler's Deftness right before Akama appears, depending on what your main statistic is.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- 11 Dec. 2014: Updated for Warlords of Draenor. The fight remains the same, but Akama is now the fourth Rank 1 opponent (he was the second Rank 6 opponent, previously).
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)
- Marksmanship Hunter PvE
- Heirlooms Overview
- Restoration Druid Leveling
- Mistweaver Monk PvE
- Balance Druid PvE