Brawler's Guild: Akama (Rank 1) (WoD 6.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Abilities and Strategy
- 2. Generic Advice
- 3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
- 4. Changelog
Akama is your fourth Brawler's Guild Rank 1 opponent. The fight against him will require you to quickly dispose of the spirit wolves he spawns. Classes with weak AoE abilities have a bit of a disadvantage here. Before we delve further into the explanations, we advise you to first watch this very short video, which shows how the fight with Akama goes.
Abilities and Strategy
Akama has several abilities. He also has a rather weak melee attack, but as we are going to see, it grows more powerful as the fight drags on.
- Chain Lightning is often cast by Akama and it deals very moderate damage to you.
- Feral Spirit is used by Akama to summon a wolf that will fight by his side until you kill it.
- Thunderstorm will sometimes knock you back.
- Shadow Strikes applies a stacking buff on Akama that causes his melee attacks to deal increasing additional Shadow damage.
The main concern of the fight is to take care of the wolves as soon as they appear. If you ignore them, they will most likely end up overwhelming you.
The other concern is Shadow Strikes, as it buffs the damage of Akama's melee attack. To deal with it, you must keep your defensive cooldowns for the end of the fight.
Chain Lightning and Thunderstorm are of little concern.
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Potion of Brawler's Might, a Potion of Brawler's Cunning, or a Potion of Brawler's Deftness right before Akama appears, depending on what your main statistic is.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- 11 Dec. 2014: Updated for Warlords of Draenor. The fight remains the same, but Akama is now the fourth Rank 1 opponent (he was the second Rank 6 opponent, previously).
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Raid Testing: March 24th
- Ebyssian and Emberthal Epilogue Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- How to Unlock Ancient Zul'Gurub Crafting in Patch 10.0.7
- Restoration Shaman PvE
- Zskera Vaults Guide
- Preservation Evoker PvE
- Fire Mage Leveling
- Beast Mastery Hunter Leveling