Brawler's Guild: Ixx (Rank 3) (WoD 6.2)
Table of Contents
Ixx is your third Brawler's Guild Rank 3 opponent. The fight against him is reminiscent of your first fight against Bruce. The main difference is that Ixx's special attack is a lot more difficult to avoid than Bruce's Chomp Chomp Chomp and his melee attacks are a lot stronger. Before we delve further into the explanations, we advise you to first watch this very short video, which shows how the fight with Ixx goes.
Abilities and Strategy
Ixx has only one ability called Devastating Thrust. It targets a large area in front of Ixx and getting hit by it will kill you.
Ixx also has a powerful melee attack that deals approximately 40k damage on Cloth wearers.
The strategy to defeat Ixx is simple. The difficulty of the fight comes from the extreme damage done by Devastating Thrust and the very short cast time of this ability (1.5 seconds). To deal with Devastating Thrust, melee players and casters who can cast while moving should keep running around Ixx, close to him, while attacking him. This will greatly simplify the fight.
Casters that cannot sustain their rotation while moving will have to always stand in the middle of Ixx's hitbox (i.e., stand right under him). This way, they will just need to walk through him a bit to avoid the ability.
Note that Ixx spawns with only a fraction of his life (although this fraction is still significant: 2.7M HP). This will enable you to make use of your execute abilities.
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Potion of Brawler's Might, a Potion of Brawler's Cunning, or a Potion of Brawler's Deftness right before Ixx appears, depending on what your main statistic is.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1
- Destruction Warlock PvE
- The Forbidden Reach Zone Guide
- Assassination Rogue PvE
- Feral Druid Leveling
- Devastation Evoker PvE