Brawler's Guild: Leona Earthwind (Special Challengers) (WoD 6.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Abilities and Strategy
- 2. Generic Advice
- 3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
- 4. Changelog
Leona Earthwind is a Special Challenger of the Brawler's Guild. The fight against her will require you to quickly dispose of adds she spawns. Classes with weak AoE abilities are at a clear disadvantage here. Before we delve further into the explanations, we advise you to first watch this very short video, which shows how the fight with Leona Earthwind goes.
This encounter is not currently part of the Battle for Azeroth season of the Brawler's Guild.
Abilities and Strategy
Leona Earthwind has three abilities.
- Wrath deals between 50k and 60k Nature damage.
- Solar Beam summons a beam of light at your location. If you cast a spell while standing in this beam, you will be silenced for a few seconds.
- Earthliving Seed summons 3 Earthliving Sprouts. These adds chase you and deal 40k damage per hit with their melee attack.
To defeat Leona, you need to interrupt Wrath as often as possible. Whenever you see a Solar Beam spawning at your location, you need to stop casting and move away from it. Most melee classes can safely ignore the Solar Beam.
The tricky part of the fight is to deal with the adds (the Earthliving Sprouts).
- Some classes can automatically, or with very little trouble, spread the damage they do to Leona onto the adds. For these classes, the fight will be very easy.
- Some classes can easily slow, root, stun, or fear the adds. So they can kill Leona while keeping the adds under control.
- Other classes are missing the proper tools and will need to burn Leona down, all the while trying to survive the damage.
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Potion of Brawler's Might, a Potion of Brawler's Cunning, or a Potion of Brawler's Deftness right before Leona Earthwind appears, depending on what your main statistic is.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- 11 Dec. 2014: Updated for Warlords of Draenor. The fight remains the same, but Leona Earthwind is now a Special Challenger (she was the second Rank 4 opponent, previously).
- Official Preview of Shadowlands Adventures by Blizzard
- PvP Vendors Sell Soulbind Conduits and Legendary Power Recipes in Shadowlands
- Nathanos Blightcaller's Fate in the Shadowlands Pre-patch
- Shadowlands Base Edition Will Be Digital-Only?
- DesMephisto Talks About His Journey to 100% Plate and Plans for the Future
- All Legion Legendaries Will Be Disabled in Shadowlands
- The Scarab War: Videos from the Biggest World Event Ever in WoW
- Introducing Icy Wiki
- I solo'd all the alliance faction leaders
- Lock Damage Display
- Arcane Mage 8.3
- Horrific Visions Potions
- Marksmanship Hunter PvP 8.3
- Warrior Changes
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Completed Quests Checker