Brawler's Guild: Topps (Rank 6) (Legion 7.1.5)
Table of Contents
- 1. Abilities and Strategy
- 2. Generic Advice
- 3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
- 4. Changelog
Topps is your first Brawler's Guild Rank 6 opponent. The fight is extremely simple, but requires perfect execution, because the slightest mistake will cause you to die.
This encounter is not currently part of the Battle for Azeroth season of the Brawler's Guild.
Abilities and Strategy
Topps has several abilities, although only one of his mechanics is truly important.
Throughout the fight, he will regularly cast Dino Dash, charging forward in the direction he is facing after a short cast. If he hits you with this charge, you will instantly die, so it is important to avoid it. If he fails to hit you, he will keep going until he hits one of the walls of the arena, at which point he will become dazed ( Dino Daze), taking 50% increased damage and being stunned for 12 seconds.
In addition to these two abilities, whenever he is not dazed (including right as Dino Daze wears off) he will regularly cast Tail Whip, which deals a small amount of damage behind him and stuns you for 1.5 seconds if you are hit.
Finally, every time Topps gets dazed, he gains a stack off a buff called Dino Determination, which decreases the case time of Dino Dash, which means that as the fight goes on, it will be increasingly difficult for you to avoid his charge.
The strategy for defeating Topps is simple.
- Keep attacking him.
- Avoid Dino Dash at all costs.
- Use cooldowns when he is dazed.
- Avoid standing behind him (particularly when his daze wears off) so that you do not get hit by Tail Whip.
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Brawler's Battle Potion of Agility, a Brawler's Battle Potion of Intellect, or a Brawler's Battle Potion of Strength.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Coastal Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- 05 Jan. 2017: Guide added.
- Shattered Helm of Domination Arrives to Collector
- Rogue Update in Patch 9.0.5
- Will Patch 9.0.5 Release on March 16?
- Undocumented Windwalker Monk Changes in Patch 9.0.5
- Castle Nathria Alliance Hall of Fame Complete, Cross-Realm Mythic Enabled Soon
- Night Fae Blood DK Finishes Keystone Master on Controller in PUGs
- World Boss for the Week of March 2nd - Mortanis
- EU Server Issues: No Servers Currently Available (March 2nd)
- Blacksmithing Guide
- Restoration Shaman Shadowlands
- Marksmanship Hunter Shadowlands
- Holy Priest Shadowlands
- Beast Mastery Hunter Shadowlands
- m+ DECLINES!
- Frost Mage Shadowlands
- Patch 9.0.5 Class Changes