Great Vault: The Shadowlands Weekly Chest
Great Vault is the new weekly chest in Shadowlands located in Oribos. It allows you to unlock gear from PvP and raiding in addition to Mythic dungeons and select a single piece of gear from up to 9 items.
Great Vault is the equivalent of the weekly chest in Shadowlands. In addition to Mythic dungeons, you will be able to acquire rewards from other activities such as PvP and raids.
|Activity||Items||Weekly Objectives||Total Items|
|Raids||+1 Item||Defeat 3 Castle Nathria Raid Bosses||1|
|Raids||+1 Item||Defeat 7 Castle Nathria Raid Bosses||2|
|Raids||+1 Item||Defeat 10 Castle Nathria Raid Bosses||3|
|Mythic Dungeons||+1 Item||Complete 1 Mythic Dungeons||4|
|Mythic Dungeons||+1 Item||Complete 4 Mythic Dungeons||5|
|Mythic Dungeons||+1 Item||Complete 10 Mythic Dungeons||6|
|PvP||+1 Item||Earn 125 Conquest Points||7|
|PvP||+1 Item||Earn 350 Conquest Points||8|
|PvP||+1 Item||Earn 875 Conquest Points||9|
You can add items to the Great Vault by completing various activities each week. Once per week after maintenance, you can select a single reward from up to 9 items.
In this guide, we will show you where to find the Great Vault, we go over the objectives that you must complete to add more items to it, explain how rewards are calculated and tell you how to get better gear.
Great Vault Location
The Great Vault can be found in Oribos in Hall of Holding just behind the bank on the ground floor.
Great Vault Objectives
You can add up to 9 items to the Great Vault each week by defeating raid bosses, completing Mythic dungeons, and earning Conquest Points in PvP. Each of the named activities rewards up to 3 items, but as mentioned above, you may select only a single reward per week from all categories.
You must defeat a certain number of raid bosses each week in the current raid tier to unlock items in this category.
- Defeating 3 Castle Nathria raid bosses each week rewards 1 item.
- Defeating 7 Castle Nathria raid bosses each week rewards 2 items.
- Defeating 10 Castle Nathria raid bosses each week rewards 3 items.
You must complete a certain number of Mythic dungeons each week to unlock items in this category.
- Completing 1 Mythic dungeon rewards 1 item.
- Completing 4 Mythic dungeons rewards 2 items.
- Completing 10 Mythic dungeons rewards 3 items.
You must earn a certain number of Conquest Points from PvP each week to unlock items in this category.
- Earning 125 Conquest Points rewards 1 item.
- Earning 350 Conquest Points rewards 2 items.
- Earning 875 Conquest Points rewards 3 items.
In this section, you will learn how the rewards are calculated and how to get better loot.
- Raids: The item level of rewards in this category is based on raid difficulty. You can unlock better loot by defeating bosses in Castle Nathria on higher difficulties. We are not sure at this time how the item level is calculated in this category.
- Mythic Dungeons: The item level of rewards in this category is determined by the lowest level of your top 1, 4, or 10 dungeons for that week. If you complete 1 Mythic +10 dungeon per week, your lowest dungeon is your top 1 dungeon, so you will receive an item appropriate to the item level of a Mythic +10 dungeon. If you complete 10 Mythic dungeons per week with the lowest being a Mythic +6 clear and your highest clear a Mythic +12, the rewards will be based on the lowest level of your top 10 clears, so you will get an item appropriate to the item level of your Mythic +6 clear. The item level increases when you complete higher-level Mythic dungeons.
- PvP: The item level of rewards in this categories is based on your highest bracket win that week.
- 21 Aug. 2020: Castle Nathria raid boss requirements specified.
- 15 Aug. 2020: Guide added.
- Hunter Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Shaman Shadowlands Beta Class Changes for September 23rd
- Warlock Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Mage Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Death Knight Shadowlands Beta Class Changes for September 23rd
- Warrior Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Demon Hunter Covenant Ability Tuning: September 23rd
- Significant Monk Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd