Great Vault: The Shadowlands Weekly Chest
Great Vault is the new weekly chest in Shadowlands located in Oribos. It allows you to unlock gear from PvP and raiding in addition to Mythic dungeons and select a single piece of gear from up to 9 items each week.
Patch 9.2 Changes
The following section covers the most important changes introduced to the Great Vault in Eternity's End.
- Class Tier Set items may appear as a reward in all nine Great Vault slots in Patch 9.2.
- You can buy Cosmic Flux Parcel (containing 500 Cosmic Flux) for 1 Attendant's Token of Merit if you do not want to receive gear from the weekly chest.
- Participation thresholds have been updated for the Great Vault in Shadowlands Season 3.
- As of March 15, 2022, Blizzard made some changes to the Attendant's Token of Merit and added new items that you can purchase from Ko'tul in Oribos.
Great Vault is the weekly chest in Shadowlands. In addition to Mythic+ dungeons, you can obtain rewards from other activities, including Player versus Player (PvP) and raids.
You can add items to the Great Vault by completing various activities each week. Once per week after the reset, you can select a single reward from up to 9 items.
The number of choices available each week is based on how many raid bosses you kill, how many Mythic+ dungeons you complete, and how much Honor you earn from Rated PvP.
|Activity||Items||Weekly Objectives||Total Choices|
|Raids||+1 Item||Defeat 2 Sepulcher of the First Ones Raid Bosses||1|
|Raids||+1 Item||Defeat 5 Sepulcher of the First Ones Raid Bosses||2|
|Raids||+1 Item||Defeat 8 Sepulcher of the First Ones Raid Bosses||3|
|Mythic Dungeons||+1 Item||Complete 1 Mythic+ Dungeon||4|
|Mythic Dungeons||+1 Item||Complete 4 Mythic+ Dungeons||5|
|Mythic Dungeons||+1 Item||Complete 8 Mythic+ Dungeons||6|
|PvP||+1 Item||Earn 1,250 Honor from Rated PvP||7|
|PvP||+1 Item||Earn 2,500 Honor from Rated PvP||8|
|PvP||+1 Item||Earn 5,500 Honor from Rated PvP||9|
In this guide, we will show you where to find the Great Vault, we go over the objectives that you must complete to unlock more item choices, explain how rewards are calculated and tell you how to get better gear.
Attendant's Token of Merit Currency in Patch 9.2
The maximum amount of tokens you can carry is 12 and you will receive:
- 2 Attendant's Token of Merit if you unlocked 1 Great Vault segment.
- 4 Attendant's Token of Merit if you unlocked 2 Great Vault segments.
- 6 Attendant's Token of Merit if you unlocked 3 or more Great Vault segments.
What Can You Buy with Attendant's Token of Merit?
For 6 Attendant's Token of Merit, you can buy Ephemera-Infused Mesh — The item acts as a socket for Shadowlands Season 3 gear. It adds a socket to an item that does not already have one, but can only be used on Helms, Necks, Bracers, Belts, or Rings.
1 Attendant's Token of Merit can be turned in for the following:
- Arrangement of Anima — Contains 175 Reservoir Anima.
- Soul Ash Cache — Contains 250 Soul Ash.
- Stygic Singularity — Contains 500 Stygia.
- Bundle of Archived Research — Contains 500 Cataloged Research for The Archivists' Codex reputation of Korthia
- Cosmic Flux Parcel — Contains 500 Cosmic Flux.
- Tribute to the Enlightened — Grants 150 reputation with The Enlightened, up to Exalted.
- Certified Vouchsafe (Binds to Blizzard Account) — Increases the Renown of your currently active Covenant by 1. You can send it over to alts.
- Treatise on Patterns in the Purpose — Grants you 40 Cyphers of the First Ones, needed for the Cypher of the First Ones progression system that unlocks various perks in Zereth Mortis.
- Bottled Night Sky — Contains 25 Genesis Motes, important for crafting mounts and pets via Protoform Synthesis.
Great Vault Location
The Great Vault can be found in Oribos in Hall of Holding just behind the bank on the ground floor.
Great Vault Objectives
You can add up to 9 items to the Great Vault each week by defeating raid bosses, completing Mythic+ dungeons, and earning Honor from Rated PvP. Each of the named activities rewards up to 3 items, but as mentioned above, you may select only a single reward per week from all categories.
You must defeat a certain number of raid bosses each week in the current raid tier to unlock items in this category. Note that killing the same boss on different difficulties does not count as two bosses.
- Defeating 2 Sepulcher of the First Ones raid bosses each week rewards 1 item choice.
- Defeating 5 Sepulcher of the First Ones raid bosses each week rewards 2 item choices.
- Defeating 8 Sepulcher of the First Ones raid bosses each week rewards 3 item choices.
You must complete a certain number of Mythic+ dungeons each week to unlock items in this category.
- Completing 1 Mythic+ dungeon rewards 1 item choice.
- Completing 4 Mythic+ dungeons rewards 2 item choices.
- Completing 8 Mythic+ dungeons rewards 3 item choices.
Legion Mythic+ dungeons accessed during Legion Timewalking count toward weekly Great Vault reward options.
You must earn a certain number of Honor from Rated PvP each week to unlock items in this category.
- Earning 1,250 Honor from Rated PvP rewards 1 item choice.
- Earning 2,500 Honor from Rated PvP rewards 2 item choices.
- Earning 5.500 Honor from Rated PvP rewards 3 item choices.
In this section, you will learn how the rewards are calculated and how to get better loot.
- Raids: The item level of rewards in this category is based on raid difficulty. You can unlock better loot by defeating bosses in Sepulcher of the First Ones on higher difficulties. Loot from the first 8 Sepulcher of the First Ones bosses will always be available whether you killed them or not. Loot from the last 3 bosses (Lords of Dread, Rygelon, and The Jailer) cannot be obtained unless you kill them once. Skipping Rygelon and killing just The Jailer only adds the Jailer's loot to the Vault table.
- Mythic Dungeons: The item level of rewards in this category is determined by the lowest level of your top 1, 4, or 8 dungeons for that week. Let us assume you completed 8 dungeons and unlocked all 3 item choices. Your 8 runs for the week are: 14(1st), 13, 11, 11(4th), 9, 7, 7, 7 (8th). The Great Vault would then offer you Item Level 275 (Slot 1), Item Level 268 (Slot 2) and Item Level 259 (Slot 3) loot based on your 1st, 4th, and 8th run. The item level increases when you complete higher-level Mythic+ dungeons.
- PvP: The item level of rewards in this categories is based on your highest bracket win that week.
Item Level of Great Vault Rewards in Mythic Season 3
The item level of loot you will find in the Great Vault the following week depends on the Keystone level of your timed dungeon. The following table covers the item level of rewards and their scaling with each Keystone level in Shadowlands Mythic+ Season 3.
|Difficulty Level||End-of-Run Item Level||Weekly Reward Item Level|
Great Vault Quest
The Great Vault quest that requires you to claim an item from it for the first time rewards Legendary powers for your power. You can learn more about how to craft them in our Runecarving hub and find out the powers you can get in our Legendary powers page linked below.
Great Vault Tips
Make sure to switch to your main Loot Specialization before receiving items from the Great Vault. Do not forget to kill the world boss each week and complete weekly bonus event quests that reward items first before looting the Great Vault to avoid receiving an item of the same slot.
An in-game macro can be executed to access the Great Vault from anywhere. You can find more information in our news post.
- 24 Mar. 2022: Guide updated with new items from Ko'tul and Attendant's Token of Merit changes.
- 25 Feb. 2022: Participation thresholds updated for Season 3.
- 17 Feb. 2022: More updates for Eternity's End implemented.
- 31 Jan. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 29 Oct. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 release.
- 09 Jul. 2021: Updated for Sanctum of Domination release.
- 26 Jun. 2021: Updated for Chains of Domination.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 20 Feb. 2021: Updated with 9.0.5 raid loot change.
- 28 Dec. 2020: Clarified loot from raids.
- 16 Dec. 2020: Added tips section.
- 12 Dec. 2020: Added weekly quest information and clarified Mythic+ loot distribution.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Reviewed for Season 1 launch.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release with hotfixed requirement changes.
- 21 Aug. 2020: Castle Nathria raid boss requirements specified.
- 15 Aug. 2020: Guide added.
- New Heartbond Lupine Flying Animation in Patch 9.2.5
- Cool New Patch 9.2.5 Windrunner Easter Egg
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes