Great Vault: The Shadowlands Weekly Chest
Great Vault is the new weekly chest in Shadowlands located in Oribos. It allows you to unlock gear from PvP and raiding in addition to Mythic dungeons and select a single piece of gear from up to 9 items each week.
Great Vault is the equivalent of the weekly chest in Shadowlands. In addition to Mythic dungeons, you will be able to acquire rewards from other activities such as PvP and raids.
|Activity||Items||Weekly Objectives||Total Choices|
|Raids||+1 Item||Defeat 3 Castle Nathria Raid Bosses||1|
|Raids||+1 Item||Defeat 6 Castle Nathria Raid Bosses||2|
|Raids||+1 Item||Defeat 9 Castle Nathria Raid Bosses||3|
|Mythic Dungeons||+1 Item||Complete 1 Mythic Dungeons||4|
|Mythic Dungeons||+1 Item||Complete 4 Mythic Dungeons||5|
|Mythic Dungeons||+1 Item||Complete 10 Mythic Dungeons||6|
|PvP||+1 Item||Earn 1,250 Honor from Rated PvP||7|
|PvP||+1 Item||Earn 2,500 Honor from Rated PvP||8|
|PvP||+1 Item||Earn 6,250 Honor from Rated PvP||9|
You can add items to the Great Vault by completing various activities each week. Once per week after maintenance, you can select a single reward from up to 9 items.
In this guide, we will show you where to find the Great Vault, we go over the objectives that you must complete to unlock more item choices, explain how rewards are calculated and tell you how to get better gear.
Great Vault Location
The Great Vault can be found in Oribos in Hall of Holding just behind the bank on the ground floor.
Great Vault Objectives
You can add up to 9 items to the Great Vault each week by defeating raid bosses, completing Mythic dungeons, and earning Honor from Rated PvP. Each of the named activities rewards up to 3 items, but as mentioned above, you may select only a single reward per week from all categories.
You must defeat a certain number of raid bosses each week in the current raid tier to unlock items in this category. Note that killing the same boss on different difficulties does not count as two bosses.
- Defeating 3 Castle Nathria raid bosses each week rewards 1 item.
- Defeating 6 Castle Nathria raid bosses each week rewards 2 items.
- Defeating 9 Castle Nathria raid bosses each week rewards 3 items.
You must complete a certain number of Mythic dungeons each week to unlock items in this category.
- Completing 1 Mythic dungeon rewards 1 item.
- Completing 4 Mythic dungeons rewards 2 items.
- Completing 10 Mythic dungeons rewards 3 items.
You must earn a certain number of Honor from Rated PvP each week to unlock items in this category.
- Earning 1,250 Honor from Rated PvP rewards 1 item.
- Earning 2,500 Honor from Rated PvP rewards 2 items.
- Earning 6,250 Honor from Rated PvP rewards 3 items.
In this section, you will learn how the rewards are calculated and how to get better loot.
- Raids: The item level of rewards in this category is based on raid difficulty. You can unlock better loot by defeating bosses in Castle Nathria on higher difficulties. Loot from the first 8 Castle Nathria will always be available whether you killed them or not. Loot from the final two bosses (Stone Legion Generals and Sire Denathrius) cannot be obtained unless you kill them once. Skipping Stone Legion Generals and killing just Sire Denathrius only adds Sire Denathrius loot to the Vault table.
- Mythic Dungeons: The item level of rewards in this category is determined by the lowest level of your top 1, 4, or 10 dungeons for that week. Let us assume you completed 10 dungeons and unlocked all 3 item choices. Your 10 runs for the week are: 14(1st), 13, 11, 11(4th), 9, 7, 7, 7, 7, 2(10th). The Great Vault would then offer you Item Level 226 (Slot 1), Item Level 220 (Slot 2) and Item Level 200 (Slot 3) loot based on your 1st, 4th, and 10th run. The item level increases when you complete higher-level Mythic dungeons. You can find a table with the exact item levels in our Shadowlands Mythic Season 1 Hub.
- PvP: The item level of rewards in this categories is based on your highest bracket win that week.
Great Vault Quest
The Great Vault quest that requires you to claim an item from it for the first time rewards Legendary powers for your power. You can learn more about how to craft them in our Runecarving hub and find out the powers you can get in our Legendary powers page linked below.
Great Vault Tips
Make sure to switch to your main Loot Specialization before receiving items from the Great Vault. Do not forget to kill the world boss each week and complete weekly bonus event quests that reward items first before looting the Great Vault to avoid duplicates.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 20 Feb. 2021: Updated with 9.0.5 raid loot change.
- 28 Dec. 2020: Clarified loot from raids.
- 16 Dec. 2020: Added tips section.
- 12 Dec. 2020: Added weekly quest information and clarified Mythic+ loot distribution.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Reviewed for Season 1 launch.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release with hotfixed requirement changes.
- 21 Aug. 2020: Castle Nathria raid boss requirements specified.
- 15 Aug. 2020: Guide added.
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 5: Boss Damage Only Rankings Added
- Player Loots One of the Rarest Item in WoW
- A Different Kind of AFK Story
- WoW Patch Timeline from Vanilla to Shadowlands Patch 9.1
- Potentially Infinite Breath of Sindragosa Bug
- Elwynn Forest Without the Trees
- Covenants Per Spec in Castle Nathria and Mythic+ for Top Players
- Animated Ulna World Quest Up on US Servers!