World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Content Overview (10.1)
Embers of Neltharion is the first major patch of the Dragonflight expansion. The following content overview provides comprehensive information about the update and its features.
When Will Patch 10.1 Go Live?
Embers of Neltharion (Patch 10.1) will release on May 2 in North America, and on May 3, in Europe.
What is Coming in Dragonflight Patch 10.1?
The patch introduces many new features and improvements to the game that we briefly summarize below.
- New Max-Level Zone: Zaralek Cavern — Uncover Neltharion's Legacy in a new underground zone located deep beneath the Dragon Isles.
- New Faction: Loamm Niffen — Become allies with the mole folk known as Niffen and the Drogbar. Gain Renown and unlock new rewards.
- New Feature: Cross-Faction Guilds — The faction divide is going away almost completely in Embers of Neltharion. Members of the opposite faction can now be in the same guild!
- New Feature: Gear Upgrading System — The way you upgrade gear is changing.
- Dragonriding Updates — 8 new Dragonriding Glyphs in Zaralek Cavern can be collected to unlock 2 new Dragonriding talents.
- Class Updates — Many classes received class changes and PvP updates in Embers of Neltharion.
- New Feature: Fyrakk Assaults — Suffusion Camps in Fyrakk's forces are attacking the Azure Span and Ohn'ahran Plains.
- New Customization Updates — Orcs, Humans, Nightborne, and Dark Iron Dwarves received a slew of customization options.
- New Raid: Aberrus Raid Guide — Breach Neltharion's secret laboratory hidden within Zaralek Cavern.
- Conquer the Challenges of Dragonflight Season 2 — Dragonflight Mythic and PvP Season 2 start on May 9.
- Official Embers of Neltharion Patch Notes — Read the full list of updates in the Content Update Notes.
Uncover the Mysteries of Zaralek Cavern
Muster your courage as you journey through the Zaralek Caverns to pursue your adversaries. Explore the secrets of the Black Dragonflight, and meet new allies and foes. New rewards and treasures await in the underground zone.
Loamm Niffen Faction in Patch 10.1
Loamm Niffen Reputation Guide are the fifth major faction of Dragonflight. As you continue your adventure in Zaralek Cavern, you will be aided by the local inhabitants found under the Dragon Isles — the mole folk known as Niffen and the Drogbar.
Play With Friends with Cross-Faction Guilds
Players of the opposite faction can create and join the same realm guilds in Embers of Neltharion. The system will ship with certain restrictions which Blizzard needs time fixing due to outdated code.
New Gear Upgrade System in Embers of Neltharion
Season 2 introduces a new way of upgrading Mythic+, raid, and PvP gear. Every piece of gear will have upgrade ranks, and you can get different types of gear. The new upgrade system may confuse some players, so we explain it in detail in our latest guide.
Shadow Priests have been reworked in Embers of Neltharion. The patch also includes various PvP changes and other adjustments. You will find the latest information in our class changes overview.
Fyrakk's forces periodically attack Suffusion Camps in the Azure Span and Ohn'ahran Plains. It is up to you to disrupt their efforts to lure Fyrakk and his disciples out. Fyrakk Assaults will be available alongside Season 2 the week of May 9.
New Character Customization Options
The following new customization options have been added:
- Nightborne received 4 new eye and 5 new hair colors.
- Dark Iron Dwarves received 4 new skin tones and 4 new hair colors.
- Blind eye options are now a separate customization option named Eyesight. All eye colors for all races can be customized as blind.
- Humans and Orcs received new hair colors.
Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible Raid
Aberrus is Neltharion's secret laboratory hidden in Zaralek Cavern. Here, Neltharion created the Dracthyr and succumbed to the whispers of the Old Gods and their corruption. You will face 9 raid bosses to thwart the Incarnates and Scalecommander Sarkareth, whose forces seek to claim the legacy of the Dracthyr.
The raid will open on May 9 on all difficulties.
Aberrus Class Sets
A new Tier of Class Sets can be obtained from Aberrus raid bosses and other sources. Check out our separate guide to learn more.
Dragonflight Mythic+ and PvP Season 2
On May 9, Season 2 will begin on live servers. Expect a new dungeon rotation and rewards. The item level of dungeon loot and crafted gear has gone up by 26 item levels. Great Vault rewards have been increased, and more.
Official Embers of Neltharion Content Update Notes
Read the complete list of updates and changes coming in Embers of Neltharion in the official Content Update Notes.
- 09 May 2023: Updated for Season 2 launch.
- 03 May 2023: Fixed link buttons.
- 28 Apr. 2023: Guide added.
- Classic Community Council Chat: December 8th
- Ashenvale PvP Event Bug Being Worked On
- New Night Elf Child Model Added in Patch 10.2.5
- Updated Map of Amirdrassil on the 10.2.5 PTR
- Dark Ranger General's (Sylvanas) Transmog Set in Patch 10.2.5
- Bel'ameth is A Neutral City in Patch 10.2.5
- Patch 10.2.5 Development Notes: December 8th
- Shadowfang Keep Soloed By Metamorphosis Warlock in Season of Discovery