Cheap Emperor Thaurissan Priest Deck (Heroic Mode)
Table of Contents
- 1. About the Author
- +2. Cheap Emperor Thaurissan Priest Deck (Heroic Mode)
- 3. Strategy
This deck can be used to easily defeat Heroic-mode Emperor Thaurissan in Blackrock Mountain. It is very cheap, costing only 1,640 Arcane Dust to make, and contains only Priest cards. It relies on drawing your Lightwell early and then buffing their health so that they stay around for the whole game, providing you with the healing you need to survive.
It should also be noted that we used this deck to push Thaurissan to Fatigue, in order to get his entire card list.
1. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Sottle, a professional Hearthstone player who plays for compLexity Gaming. Sottle regularly streams on Twitch and explains all of his moves. Watching him is a good opportunity to see how this and other decks play out in practice, and how decisions are made in real time.
2. Cheap Emperor Thaurissan Priest Deck (Heroic Mode)
Our deck costs 1,640 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
2.1. Mana Curve
The key card in this deck is Lightwell. If you do not have one to play on turn 2, simply concede and start over. Thanks to your many buffs (Velen's Chosen, Divine Spirit, Inner Fire, Dark Cultist, Temple Enforcer, etc.), your Lightwells will carry through the game.
Shadow Word: Pain is best used on Thaurissan's Imp Gang Boss, as it destroys the minion without damaging it, preventing the Imp from spawning. Holy Smite should be used to deal with low-health creatures like Flame Imp, Loot Hoarder, and Leper Gnome.
Power Word: Shield is to be used only on Moira, so that she can survive the damage from the Deathrattle of Unstable Ghoul, Abomination, and Death's Bite. The deck feature 2x Silences, which gives you more option to keep Moira alive, if you have not drawn into your Power Word Shield when Unstable Ghoul or Abomination is played.
You Shrinkmeister+Cabal Shadow Priest combo can be used to steal Moira, but only if you have buffed her out of range of Flamestrike or Death's Bite (so at least at 5 health). Stealing Moira is not required to win and you can steal other minions. Axe Flinger and Imp Gang Boss are good targets.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #25
- Check out What's Coming up in the Next Few Months
- Tavern Brawl: Pick a Hand, Any Hand
- HGG Cheer: Win a Card Back, Packs & Twitch Emotes
- BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, Goody Bag, Mobile App, More
- Special Event: Rise for Days of the Frozen Throne!
- September 2018 Ranked Play Season - On the Level
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #24
- Basic Shaman Deck
- Hearthstone Hunter Spells, Minions, and Weapons
- Malygos Rogue
- Puzzle Lab's Lethal Puzzles
- Arena Priest Tier Lists
- Monster Hunt Progress Thread
- Secret Paladin Wild