Protection Warrior PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight / 10.0.7)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Protection Warrior in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Protection Warrior PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Protection Warriors in PvP
The stat priority for Protection Warriors in PvP is as follows:
- Haste = Mastery = Critical Strike
Your gear goal should be to be fully equipped in Conquest gear. You will need to get a pair of Infurious Warboots of Impunity, in order to empower the 2-set bonus of your PvP trinkets.
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a boost to your primary stat, stamina and provide a CC-reducing effect to you.
Crimson Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. Even Human players will want to pick up this item against some compositions.
Crimson Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Critical Strike and provides a large increase to Strength.
Crimson Gladiator's Emblem gives you an extra defensive by giving you a temporary health increase. This should be used if your priority is to survive and you know you are the kill target. Activating this trinket can then further empower Rallying Cry on you should it be necessary.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Protection Warrior:
- Neck: Tiered Medallion Setting
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Writ of Speed / Enchant Cloak - Homebound Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Sustained Strength
- Legs: Fierce Armor Kit
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Versatility
- Feet: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Wrist: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Weapon Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion
Gem all of your gear with Steady Nozdorite.
Primordial Stone Gems
In Patch 10.0.7, the Onyx Annulet is introduced, which can fit up to 3 different Primordial Stone Gems. It is still currently being explored whether using these gems are worthwhile in PvP or not.
This section will be updated when more information is known.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 29 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Page updated for Patch 9.2.
- 08 Nov. 2021: Page reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Raid Testing: March 24th
- Ebyssian and Emberthal Epilogue Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- How to Unlock Ancient Zul'Gurub Crafting in Patch 10.0.7