Protection Warrior PvP Best Races and Racials (Dragonflight / 10.0.7)
Racial bonuses can provide interesting PvP benefits. Here are the best races to choose for each faction. The races are sorted from highest impact in arena to lowest. However, all races below have their own unique ways of making an impact in a PvP match.
This page is part of our Protection Warrior PvP Guide.
Best Alliance Races for Protection Warrior
Human is the best race on Alliance because of Will to Survive. This is a free trinket to get you out of stuns, and allows you to play with the Relentless effect for a great advantage.
It is worth noting that The Human Spirit is also great, giving you more secondary stats.
Gnome is competitive with humans because of Escape Artist, allowing you to frequently break roots, which is one of Protection Warrior's greatest counters. The additional Rage gained from Expansive Mind is not particularly great, but is a bonus regardless.
Best Horde Races for Protection Warrior
- Blood Elf
Orc is the best race on Horde because of Hardiness, which grants you the benefits of Relentless against stuns. This racial also stacks with similar effects, like the Sephuz's Proclamation Legendary effect. You gain a good amount of primary stat from Blood Fury, and is off the global cooldown, so use it together with Avatar for a good amount of extra burst.
Blood Elves are primarily picked because of Arcane Torrent, which can purge off important buffs like Blessing of Protection or Combustion. It is entirely random what buff you purge off, and we would not recommend picking Blood Elf over Orc.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Page reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 08 Nov. 2021: Page reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- World Boss Bazual Available During the Week of March 22nd
- Baine Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Orc and Human Heritage Armor Cutscenes
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch