Protection Warrior PvP Best Races and Racials (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
Racial bonuses can provide interesting PvP benefits. Here are the best races to choose for each faction. The races are sorted from highest impact in arena to lowest. However, all races below have their own unique ways of making an impact in a PvP match.
This page is part of our Protection Warrior PvP Guide.
Best Alliance Races for Protection Warrior
It is worth noting that The Human Spirit is also great, giving you more secondary stats.
Gnome is competitive with humans because of Escape Artist, allowing you to frequently break roots, which is one of Protection Warrior's greatest counters. The additional Rage gained from Expansive Mind is not particularly great, but is a bonus regardless.
Best Horde Races for Protection Warrior
- Blood Elf
Orc is the best race on Horde because of Hardiness, which grants you the benefits of Relentless against stuns. This racial also stacks with similar effects, like the Sephuz's Proclamation Legendary effect. You gain a good amount of primary stat from Blood Fury, and is off the global cooldown, so use it together with Avatar for a good amount of extra burst.
Blood Elves are primarily picked because of Arcane Torrent, which can purge off important buffs like Blessing of Protection or Combustion. It is entirely random what buff you purge off, and we would not recommend picking Blood Elf over Orc.
- How to Get Actual Mangos via Battleground Chat. Wait, What?
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 14th
- Blizzard Working on Protection Paladin's Threat Issue Bug
- Official Preview of Mythic Rating in Patch 9.1
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 (Week of June 15)
- Reduced Amount of BoE Gear from Sanctum of Domination
- Official Preview of Maw Updates in Patch 9.1
- Mawsworn Charger's Reins - New Torghast Mount in Patch 9.1