Protection Warrior PvP Best Races and Racials (Shadowlands / 9.1)
Racial bonuses can provide interesting PvP benefits. Here are the best races to choose for each faction. The races are sorted from highest impact in arena to lowest. However, all races below have their own unique ways of making an impact in a PvP match.
This page is part of our Protection Warrior PvP Guide.
Best Alliance Races for Protection Warrior
It is worth noting that The Human Spirit is also great, giving you more secondary stats.
Gnome is competitive with humans because of Escape Artist, allowing you to frequently break roots, which is one of Protection Warrior's greatest counters. The additional Rage gained from Expansive Mind is not particularly great, but is a bonus regardless.
Best Horde Races for Protection Warrior
- Blood Elf
Orc is the best race on Horde because of Hardiness, which grants you the benefits of Relentless against stuns. This racial also stacks with similar effects, like the Sephuz's Proclamation Legendary effect. You gain a good amount of primary stat from Blood Fury, and is off the global cooldown, so use it together with Avatar for a good amount of extra burst.
Blood Elves are primarily picked because of Arcane Torrent, which can purge off important buffs like Blessing of Protection or Combustion. It is entirely random what buff you purge off, and we would not recommend picking Blood Elf over Orc.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- Monk Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Two In-Game Paintings Desexualized in Patch 9.1.5
- Demon Hunter Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Legendary Scrapping in Patch 9.1.5: How to Destroy Legendaries into Materials
- Death Knight Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- A Preview of All New Druid Travel Forms Coming in Patch 9.1.5
- New 9.1.5 Highmountain Tauren Customizations
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour