Baron Geddon Guide with Cheap Decks for Blackrock Mountain
Table of Contents
Baron Geddon is the second boss of the Blackrock Depths, the first wing of Blackrock Mountain. In this guide, you will learn how to use cheap decks to defeat Geddon in both Normal and Heroic modes.
Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Health||30||50 (+50 Armor)|
|Hero Power||Ignite Mana costs 0 mana, is on auto-cast, and deals 5 damage to your Hero if you have unspent Mana.||Ignite Mana costs 0 mana, is on auto-cast, and deals 10 damage to your Hero if you have unspent Mana.|
Strategy and Deck Building
Baron Geddon is a straightforward fight in most aspects, but it carries two unique challenges that need to be planned for in order to succeed. Firstly, Ignite Mana, his Hero Power, punishes you very hard for not spending all of your Mana each turn, meaning you need to use a deck with a very consistent Mana Curve in order to compete. Secondly, the card Living Bomb can create very difficult situations for you, and you should carry cards like Ironbeak Owl, or Youthful Brewmaster in your deck to stop this card from activating.
On Heroic, the fight is almost exactly the same, but the Ignite Mana and Living Bomb are doubled, meaning you are punished even harder if you are unable to deal with them. Baron Geddon also has 100 total life on Heroic, meaning that you have to spend Mana, and deal with Living Bomb for a longer period of time, in order to come out on top.
Playing a class with a consistently useful Hero Power like Paladin or Warlock is recommended. This will help you to meet the Mana requirements on each turn. If you are not playing Warlock, it is also highly recommended that your deck plays a lot of card draw in order to maintain the necessary amount of cards to keep you going into the late-game. Lastly, Silence effects, and the Brewmaster cards are essential in order to bypass the effects of Living Bomb.
To help you build your decks and defeat Geddon in both modes, here are decks we defeated him with:
- basic-card-only Warlock deck for Geddon in Normal mode;
- low-budget Mage deck for Geddon in Heroic Mode;
- cheap Warlock deck for Geddon in Heroic Mode.
- 10 Apr. 2015: Added new Mage deck for Heroic mode.
- 10 Apr. 2015: Added deck list for Heroic mode.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players
- Runestones - an accounting error?
- Dalaran Heist Mage Guide
- Dalaran Heist Priest Guide
- Battlegrounds Patches the Pirate
- Battlegrounds Vanndar Stormpike