Vaelastrasz the Corrupt Guide with Cheap Decks for Blackrock Mountain
Table of Contents
Vaelastrasz the Corrupt is the second boss of the Blackwing Lair, the fourth wing of Blackrock Mountain. In this guide, you will learn how to use cheap decks to defeat Vaelastrasz in both Normal and Heroic modes.
Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Health||30||30 (+15 Armor)|
|Hero Power||costs 0 mana, is on auto-cast, and causes both players to draw 2 cards.||costs 0 mana, is on auto-cast, and causes both players to draw 3 cards and Vaelastrasz to gain a Mana Crystal.|
Strategy and Deck Building
Vaelastrasz is essentially playing a Mill deck. What this means is that he aims to fill your hand as quickly as possible, causing you to overdraw, all the while playing minions such as Goblin Sapper that take advantage of your large hand size.and
This fight is easily combated by playing an extremely low curve deck. On Normal mode, if your deck is sufficiently low curve, you will often find that the boss is burning more of his own cards than he is of yours. With such a low curve, however, you still need to ensure you have ways to dealing with his large minions, so strong removal or buff effects are a must.
On Heroic, not only is his Milling strategy more aggressive, he also gains a Mana Crystal each turn, making a straightforward fight for value ill advised. Instead it is usually better to play relentlessly aggressive decks and rely on his Hero Power you draw you enough fuel to allow you to keep up the race.
To help you build your decks and defeat Vaelastrasz in both modes, here are decks we defeated him with:
- basic-card-only Rogue deck for Vaelastrasz in Normal mode;
- cheap Druid deck for Vaelastrasz in Heroic Mode;
- cheap Hunter deck for Vaelastrasz in Heroic Mode;
- cheap Rogue deck for Vaelastrasz in Heroic Mode.
- 24 Apr. 2015: Added a new Hunter deck for Heroic mode.
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2021 Earnings Call
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Hmm.. world first?
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Illidan Stormrage challenge impossible in new season
- Houndmaster Monster Hunter
- Hearthstone Gold Guide
- Classic Midrange Combo Druid Deck
- Teron Gorefiend Challenge