Garr Guide with Cheap Decks for Blackrock Mountain
Table of Contents
Garr is the first boss of the Molten Core, the second wing of Blackrock Mountain. In this guide, you will learn how to use cheap decks to defeat Garr in both Normal and Heroic modes.
1. Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Hero Power||Magma Pulse is the same in both Normal and Heroic mode. It costs 1 mana, is on auto-cast, and deals 1 damage to all minions on the board. In addition, Garr starts with 7x Firesworn (Firesworn in Heroic mode) already on the board.|
2. Strategy and Deck Building
Beating Garr on Normal is relatively straightforward, you simply need to focus on destroying his Firesworns in the early turns, so that they do not all die on the same turn and deal massive damage to your hero. Any deck with a solid curve of early minions will be fine for achieving this. From there, you should just focus on board control, making smart trades and keeping in mind the effect of his Hero Power each turn, something that Garr himself will often fail to do.
On Heroic, the proposition is much more difficult, as the Firesworns deal enormous damage even if they die individually. Because of this, a method of preventing their damage altogether, such as Mass Dispel, is recommended in order to deal with them.
Other strong tools to use against Garr are Lil' Exorcist, which can be played as a massive minion early on due to the 7 Deathrattle minions he starts with, and minions with strong effects when they receive damage, such as Grim Patron, Gurubashi Berserker, and Acolyte of Pain.
To help you build your decks and defeat Garr in both modes, here are decks we defeated him with:
- basic-card-only Mage deck for Garr in Normal mode;
- cheap Priest deck for Garr in Heroic Mode.
- cheap Warrior deck for Garr in Heroic Mode.
- 10 Apr. 2015: Added new Warrior deck for Heroic mode.
- 10 Apr. 2015: Added deck list for Heroic mode.
- Tavern Brawl: Shadow Reflection
- Blizzard Dance & Cosplay Contest at Gamescom 2018
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #18
- Tavern Brawl: Rise of the Zombeasts
- Taverns of Time Event Is Live
- Free Pack Day: Jun 13 + Animated Short
- Hearthstone Patch 11.2 Clarifications & Hotfixes
- Hearthstone Global Games Voting Now Live
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Odd Rogue
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Dungeon Run Guides for K&C
- Face (Aggro) Hunter Deck List
- Can you see it?
- Shaman Dungeon Run
- June 30th $10 Prize pool KO tournament