Ragnaros/Executus Guide with Cheap Decks for Blackrock Mountain
Table of Contents
Majordomo Executus and Ragnaros the Firelord are the third boss of the Molten Core, the second wing of Blackrock Mountain. In this guide, you will learn how to use cheap decks to defeat Ragnaros in both Normal and Heroic modes.
Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
Strategy and Deck Building
The Ragnaros the Firelord fight is in fact a two part battle. The first part of the fight is against Majordomo Executus, a relatively straightforward boss with one noteworthy catch. His deck carries a massive 10 Molten Giants, meaning that as soon as you lower his health below 20, he will start to punish you with multiple 8/8 minions each turn.
The second part of the fight is the Ragnaros form itself, which carries an extremely powerful Hero Power, and 16 total life on Normal and 60 on Heroic. The Ragnaros form is very difficult to compete with for long periods of time, and as such, it is best to set up a quick win for when you kill Majordomo, so that you do not have to compete with the Ragnaros form for multiple turns.
The strategy for this boss is fairly consistent between both Normal and Heroic modes, you will want to stall the game out in the Majordomo form, refraining from attacking him below 20 health in order to not activate his Molten Giants. By keeping the boss in his weaker form, you can use the extra time to build up a huge board, which is able to kill Ragnaros in a single turn once he is summoned.
To help you build your decks and defeat Ragnaros/Executus in both modes, here are decks we defeated him with:
- basic-card-only Priest deck for Ragnaros/Executus in Normal mode;
- low-budget Hunter deck for Ragnaros/Executus in Heroic Mode;
- cheap Paladin deck for Ragnaros/Executus in Heroic Mode;
- cheap Priest deck for Ragnaros/Executus in Heroic Mode.
- 24 Oct. 2015: Removed Bane of Doom exploit to reflect current patch.
- 10 Apr. 2015: Added new Hunter deck for Heroic mode.
- 10 Apr. 2015: Added deck list for Heroic mode.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players
- Runestones - an accounting error?
- Dalaran Heist Mage Guide
- Dalaran Heist Priest Guide
- Battlegrounds Patches the Pirate
- Battlegrounds Vanndar Stormpike