Lord Victor Nefarius / Nefarian Guide with Cheap Decks for Blackrock Mountain
Table of Contents
Lord Victor Nefarius / Nefarian is the fourth and last boss of the Blackwing Lair, the fourth wing of Blackrock Mountain. In this guide, you will learn how to use cheap decks to defeat Nefarius in both Normal and Heroic modes.
Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Health||30 (+30 Armor)||30 (+50 Armor)|
|Hero Power||True Form is cast on Nefarius' first turn and transform him into Nefarian, his Dragon form. In this form, he uses Wild Magic as his Hero Power, which costs 1 Mana, is on auto-cast and put a random spell from your class into his deck. He also starts at 10 Mana Crystal. To compensate, you receive help from Ragnaros, who give you a card every turn from amongst: Whirling Ash, Living Lava, Son of the Flame. In Heroic mode, you receive a card from Ragnaros once, at the beginning of your third turn.|
Strategy and Deck Building
Lord Victor Nefarius, and his Nefarian form that actually makes up the bulk of the fight, have one incredibly unfair advantage — they start the game at the maximum of 10 Mana, and with a large amount of cards.
The key to winning this fight, on both Normal and Heroic mode, is to take advantage of the fact that with so much Mana to play with, the boss will quickly play through even his large hand, and be left only with the spells that he steals from your class each turn.
To take advantage of this, you will want to put multiple cards such as Mind Control Tech, and board clears such as Lightbomb or Equality in your deck. Then, simply allow him to overextend onto the board, and punish him for it. The key to the fight on both difficulties is simply to stall long enough to gain control of the board once, then rely on the fact that his only follow up is random spells from your class, which are unlikely to be suited to the situation at hand.
To help you build your decks and defeat Nefarius / Nefarian in both modes, here are decks we defeated him with:
- basic-card-only Mage deck for Nefarius / Nefarian in Normal mode;
- cheap Druid deck for Nefarius / Nefarian in Heroic Mode.
- cheap Paladin deck for Nefarius / Nefarian in Heroic Mode.
- 04 May 2015: Added 2x Flamestrike to Heroic mode decklist.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players
- Runestones - an accounting error?
- Dalaran Heist Mage Guide
- Dalaran Heist Priest Guide
- Battlegrounds Patches the Pirate
- Battlegrounds Vanndar Stormpike