Highlord Omokk Guide with Cheap Decks for Blackrock Mountain
Table of Contents
Highlord Omokk is the first boss of the Blackrock Spire, the third wing of Blackrock Mountain. In this guide, you will learn how to use cheap decks to defeat Omokk in both Normal and Heroic modes.
Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Health||30||30 (+15 Armor)|
|Hero Power||ME SMASH costs 1 mana, and destroys a random damaged enemy minion.||ME SMASH costs 0 mana, is on auto-cast, and destroys a random enemy minion.|
Strategy and Deck Building
Highlord Omokk is a fairly straightforward Boss. In Normal Mode, it is not uncommon for the game to pass without his Hero Power coming into play at all. Although he plays minions like Elven Archer and Cruel Taskmaster in order to activate his Hero Power, the AI will often throw these cards away for little value, such as simply playing Elven Archer on Turn 1. Normal mode can be defeated comfortably with almost any deck you have built for Ladder purposes, but we have included a Basic only build if you prefer.
On Heroic Mode, Highlord Omokk is a slightly trickier proposition, as his Hero Power now destroys an opposing minion at random every turn for 0 Mana. Because of this, your decks should include various cards that create small token minions such as Onyxia, Imp Master, Imp Gang Boss, and Haunted Creeper, that reduce the effectiveness of Highlord Omokk's Hero Power.
Aside from the challenge presented by his Hero Power, this Boss offers no particularly troublesome problems in terms of his actual decks. All of his cards are relatively poor and can easily be outvalued over time if you are able to effectively get ahead of his Hero Power.
To help you build your decks and defeat Omokk in both modes, here are decks we defeated him with:
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players
- Runestones - an accounting error?
- Dalaran Heist Mage Guide
- Dalaran Heist Priest Guide
- Battlegrounds Patches the Pirate
- Battlegrounds Vanndar Stormpike