Rend Blackhand Guide with Cheap Decks for Blackrock Mountain
Table of Contents
Rend Blackhand is the third and final boss of the Blackrock Spire, the third wing of Blackrock Mountain. In this guide, you will learn how to use cheap decks to defeat Blackhand in both Normal and Heroic modes.
Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Health||30||30 (+15 Armor)|
Strategy and Deck Building
Rend Blackhand is a unique Boss with a cycling Hero Power that rotates between summoning several different sets of undercosted minions. He always stats the fight with his Hero Power in Open the Gates form, so your initial focus should be playing minions that deal with this initial onslaught of minions.
On normal mode, the majority of his summoned minions have 1 health, making cards like Voidwalker, Northshire Cleric, , Muster for Battle, etc. very effective. If you are able to secure a good opening hand to deal with his first few Hero Power activations effectively, the rest of the fight is fairly straightforward.
One additional aspect of the fight is that Rend Blackhand carries the 1 Mana removal spell Loatheb being one of the few that can represent value, since its Battlecry prevents him from using the removal spell effectively., which destroys any Legendary minion. This highly disincentivises you from adding Legendary minions to your deck, with
On Heroic mode, his Hero Powers are all significantly upgraded, meaning a long protracted battle for value will often end in defeat. The two viable strategies for defeating Heroic Rend are too simply race him using an aggressive deck like Face Hunter, or to build a deck focused on high value board clears like Shadowflame, , or .,
To help you build your decks and defeat Blackhand in both modes, here are decks we defeated him with:
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2021 Earnings Call
- Blizzard's Head of Global Human Resources is No Longer with the Company
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2021 Financial Results Press Release
- New Leadership at Blizzard
- J. Allen Brack Game Maker's Notebook Interview From Just Before the Lawsuit
- A Look at the Activision Blizzard Walkout Protest
- Activision Blizzard Employees' Response to Bobby Kotick's Statement
- Hearthstone 21.0 Patch Notes
- Handbuff Paladin Deck
- Questline Warlock Deck
- Blackrock Blademaster Boss Guide
- Questline Mage
- Mother Shahraz Challenge
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Totemly Awesome!
- Lady Vashj