Maloriak Guide with Cheap Decks for Blackrock Mountain
Table of Contents
Maloriak is the second boss of the Hidden Laboratory, the fifth and final wing of Blackrock Mountain. In this guide, you will learn how to use cheap decks to defeat Maloriak in both Normal and Heroic modes.
1. Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Health||30||30 (+15 Armor)|
|Hero Power||The Alchemist, Maloriak's Hero Power, is passive and causes minions to have their Attack and Health swapped when summoned. In Heroic Mode, Maloriak's minions also receive a +2/+2 buff.|
2. Strategy and Deck Building
The Maloriak battle is based around a persistent mechanic where every minion that is played from the hand, or otherwise summoned, has its stats reversed. On Normal mode this effect is purely symmetrical and effects both players equally, while on Heroic mode, Maloriak's minions are granted an additional +2/+2 on top of the reversing effect.
The key to beating this fight is paying special attention to which minions potentially benefit from this effect. For example, Nerubian Egg can be played to immediately gain a 4/4 for 2 Mana. It should also be noted that since the Hero Power effects any minions summoned through any means, Shaman is a poor choice for this fight, since 3 out of 4 of your Hero Power Totems will die instantly.
There is also an interesting mechanic that can be used with cards that have persistent buff effects while they are in play such as Stormwind Champion and Dire Wolf Alpha. These temporary buffs are made permanent by the reversing effect, and so can be used to gain an advantage in both modes.
To help you build your decks and defeat Maloriak in both modes, here are decks we defeated him with:
- Grumble, World Shaker Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Unidentified Maul Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Raven Familiar Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Did Seeping Oozeling Just Receive A Post-Spoiler Buff?
- Silver Vanguard Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Lone Champion Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Seeping Oozeling Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Spiteful Summoner Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Make it cheap #3 Budget Handbuff Paladin
- Something stupid like ...
- Aggro Paladin Deck List
- Toxin Cards
- Aggro Rogue Deck List
- Deck Request Thread
- Make it cheap #2 Budget Cannibal Warlock
- The Lich King