Maloriak Guide with Cheap Decks for Blackrock Mountain
Table of Contents
Maloriak is the second boss of the Hidden Laboratory, the fifth and final wing of Blackrock Mountain. In this guide, you will learn how to use cheap decks to defeat Maloriak in both Normal and Heroic modes.
Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Health||30||30 (+15 Armor)|
|Hero Power||, Maloriak's Hero Power, is passive and causes minions to have their Attack and Health swapped when summoned. In Heroic Mode, Maloriak's minions also receive a +2/+2 buff.|
Strategy and Deck Building
The Maloriak battle is based around a persistent mechanic where every minion that is played from the hand, or otherwise summoned, has its stats reversed. On Normal mode this effect is purely symmetrical and effects both players equally, while on Heroic mode, Maloriak's minions are granted an additional +2/+2 on top of the reversing effect.
The key to beating this fight is paying special attention to which minions potentially benefit from this effect. For example,can be played to immediately gain a 4/4 for 2 Mana. It should also be noted that since the Hero Power effects any minions summoned through any means, Shaman is a poor choice for this fight, since 3 out of 4 of your Hero Power Totems will die instantly.
There is also an interesting mechanic that can be used with cards that have persistent buff effects while they are in play such asand . These temporary buffs are made permanent by the reversing effect, and so can be used to gain an advantage in both modes.
To help you build your decks and defeat Maloriak in both modes, here are decks we defeated him with:
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- South Park's Sword of a Thousands Truths (Boars Included) to Be Added to Hearthstone
- United in Stormwind is Hearthstone's Latest Expansion
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Prince Arthas Boss Guide
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Classic Control Paladin Deck
- Book of Heroes Thrall
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Chenvaala Priest Deck
- Teron Gorefiend Challenge
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens