Maloriak Guide with Cheap Decks for Blackrock Mountain
Table of Contents
Maloriak is the second boss of the Hidden Laboratory, the fifth and final wing of Blackrock Mountain. In this guide, you will learn how to use cheap decks to defeat Maloriak in both Normal and Heroic modes.
1. Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Health||30||30 (+15 Armor)|
|Hero Power||The Alchemist, Maloriak's Hero Power, is passive and causes minions to have their Attack and Health swapped when summoned. In Heroic Mode, Maloriak's minions also receive a +2/+2 buff.|
2. Strategy and Deck Building
The Maloriak battle is based around a persistent mechanic where every minion that is played from the hand, or otherwise summoned, has its stats reversed. On Normal mode this effect is purely symmetrical and effects both players equally, while on Heroic mode, Maloriak's minions are granted an additional +2/+2 on top of the reversing effect.
The key to beating this fight is paying special attention to which minions potentially benefit from this effect. For example, Nerubian Egg can be played to immediately gain a 4/4 for 2 Mana. It should also be noted that since the Hero Power effects any minions summoned through any means, Shaman is a poor choice for this fight, since 3 out of 4 of your Hero Power Totems will die instantly.
There is also an interesting mechanic that can be used with cards that have persistent buff effects while they are in play such as Stormwind Champion and Dire Wolf Alpha. These temporary buffs are made permanent by the reversing effect, and so can be used to gain an advantage in both modes.
To help you build your decks and defeat Maloriak in both modes, here are decks we defeated him with:
- Hearthstone Tavern Talk: Class Rewards, New Player Experience, Card Reprints
- Choose Your 2018 Hearthstone Summer Champion
- Tavern Brawl: Shadow Reflection
- Blizzard Dance & Cosplay Contest at Gamescom 2018
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #18
- Tavern Brawl: Rise of the Zombeasts
- Taverns of Time Event Is Live
- Free Pack Day: Jun 13 + Animated Short
- Classic Decks
- Mage Dungeon Run
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Odd Rogue
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Dungeon Run Guides for K&C
- Face (Aggro) Hunter Deck List
- Can you see it?