Chromaggus Guide with Cheap Decks for Blackrock Mountain
Table of Contents
Chromaggus is the third boss of the Blackwing Lair, the fourth wing of Blackrock Mountain. In this guide, you will learn how to use cheap decks to defeat Chromaggus in both Normal and Heroic modes.
Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Hero Power||Brood Affliction costs 0 mana, is on auto-cast, and adds a Brood Affliction card to your hand at the end of Chromaggus' turn.
These cards do something while you hold them in your hand and you need to spend 1 Mana (3 in Heroic) to get rid of them:
Strategy and Deck Building
Chromaggus is one of the toughest bosses in the Blackrock Mountain expansion. The Brood Affliction cards that you are given on each turn are of huge detriment, and can quickly spiral out of control if you are not able to keep on top of them.
On Normal mode, since the cards you are given only cost 1 Mana, the fight is not too problematic. You are usually able to fit discarding the spells into your curve on each turn without too much concern.
On Heroic mode, however, these cards cost 3 Mana each, making them extremely difficult to get rid of. The key to winning this fight in Heroic is intelligently managing these cards, and deciding on the right one to discard on each turn where you have the chance.
To help you build your decks and defeat Chromaggus in both modes, here are decks we defeated him with:
- basic-card-only Priest deck for Chromaggus in Normal mode;
- legendary Druid deck for Chromaggus in Heroic Mode;
- low-budget Mage deck for Chromaggus in Heroic Mode;
- cheap Priest deck for Chromaggus in Heroic Mode.
- 24 Apr. 2015: Added a new Mage deck for Heroic mode.
- Diablo 2 Retrospective
- Diablo 2 20-year Anniversary Celebration with New Wings, a Diablo Bust, Videos and More!
- Diablo 2 Remaster Won't Be Announced in June
- Diablo 2 Creators on the Rumored Remaster: No Censoring, It's a Tough Job
- Diablo 2 Remaster Significantly More Likely After Two Job Postings Surface
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On
- Teron Gorefiend Challenge
- Supremus Challenge
- Magtheridon Challenge
- Doom Lord Kazzak
- Mother Shahraz Challenge
- Gruul the Dragonkiller Challenge
- Doom Lord Kazzak Challenge