Giantfin Guide with Cheap Decks for The League of Explorers
Table of Contents
Giantfin is the second boss in The Ruined City, the third wing of The League of Explorers. In this guide, you will learn how to use cheap decks to defeat Giantfin in both Normal and Heroic modes.
Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Health||30||30 (+15 Armor)|
|Hero Power||Mrglmrgl MRGL! is a 0-cost Hero Power that is on auto-cast and which causes Giantfin to draw cards until he has as many in his hand as you do.||Mrglmrgl MRGL! also costs 0 Mana and is on auto-cast, but it simply causes Giantfin to draw 2 cards.|
Strategy and Deck Building
Giantfin, perhaps unsurprisingly as a giant Murloc, plays a Murloc deck. The overall card quality of his deck is extremely poor, with the only issue he presents being that he has a constant source of card draw with his Hero Power.
On Normal mode his Hero Power mimics the effect of Divine Favor, drawing him cards up to as many as in your hand. This can easily be countered by playing a low-curve aggressive deck of your own and keeping your own hand fairly light. Outside of this, simply focus on keeping his board clear, since Murlocs thrive on synergy, and you will gain a huge board advantage very quickly.
On Heroic mode his Hero Power automatically draws him two cards every turn regardless of your hand size. This can be extremely oppressive since he gains the ability to flood the board with Murlocs every turn and then buff them as soon as you are unable to provide an answer. Mill decks like Mill Rogue and Mill Druid are quite effective at defeating him. Otherwise, focus on board clears and tempo removal cards to try and stay on top of his pressure. When not being buffed by one of the bigger Murlocs, the vast majority of his minions only have 1 health, making small AoEs like Fan of Knives, Arcane Explosion, and Wild Pyromancer very effective.
- Diablo 2 Retrospective
- Diablo 2 20-year Anniversary Celebration with New Wings, a Diablo Bust, Videos and More!
- Diablo 2 Remaster Won't Be Announced in June
- Diablo 2 Creators on the Rumored Remaster: No Censoring, It's a Tough Job
- Diablo 2 Remaster Significantly More Likely After Two Job Postings Surface
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On
- Teron Gorefiend Challenge
- Supremus Challenge
- Magtheridon Challenge
- Doom Lord Kazzak
- Mother Shahraz Challenge
- Gruul the Dragonkiller Challenge
- Doom Lord Kazzak Challenge