Arch-Thief Rafaam Guide with Cheap Decks for The League of Explorers
Table of Contents
Arch-Thief Rafaam is the third boss in the Hall of Explorers, the fourth and final wing of The League of Explorers. In this guide, you will learn how to use cheap decks to defeat Arch-Thief Rafaam in both Normal and Heroic modes.
1. Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Health||30||30 (+15 Armor)|
|Hero Power||Unstable Portal works exactly like the Mage spell, but it costs 2 Mana.||Unstable Portal works exactly like its Normal mode counterpart, except that it costs 0 Mana in Heroic mode.|
|Deck||Arch-Thief Rafaam always uses the deck that you have selected for the fight, while your own deck is replaced by the following fixed deck.||Arch-Thief Rafaam always uses the deck that you have selected for the fight, while your own deck is replaced by the following fixed deck.|
2. Strategy and Deck Building
The Arch-Thief Rafaam fight is a unique one where your goal is not to build the best deck possible, but the worst. The reason for this is that at the start of the fight he steals your deck and it is replaced with a fairly poor deck of the game's creation. Simply build your opponent a deck using the worst cards possible and this fight becomes fairly straightforward. 0-Attack minions, useless minions like Ancient Watcher, and horrible spells are the prime candidates here. Try to avoid filling his deck with low cost cards, though, as he can then sometimes simply overwhelm you due to the poor nature of your deck. To offset his poor deck, he has an equivalent of the Mage card Unstable Portal as his Hero Power. While this can help him to stay competitive, it is not a huge obstacle to overcome.
On Heroic, the fight is the same aside from his Unstable Portal Hero Power now costing 0 Mana. This allows him to make some strong Tempo plays if he gets a lot of high quality minions, and can lead to you getting overwhelmed due to the poor quality of your deck. The Heroic fight might require a bit of luck until he gets some poor cards from his Hero Power, but you can also tilt the odds in your favour by including Sir Finley Mrrgglton in your (his) deck, to take away the Hero Power completely.
For both Normal and Heroic modes, we recommend you use this cheap Mage deck.
- Dean Ayala on The Witchwood And Other Topics
- Two New Echo Cards Revealed In Hearthside Chat
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #12
- The Witchwood Full Spoiler Schedule
- "New Year Of The Raven" Party Will Reward Packs With Each Daily Quest
- Ben Brode Answers Community Questions In Video For WIRED
- Enrage Keyword To Be Replaced By "While Damaged"
- More Witchwood Spoilers Coming March 26th, Set Likely To Release April 12th
- The Lich King
- Fairly new, need deck help
- Pre-Order Question
- Help me build this warrior
- Silver Hand Paladin Deck List
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks