Brawler's Guild: Dark Summoner (Rank 7) (WoD 6.2)
Table of Contents
Dark Summoner is your second Brawler's Guild Rank 7 opponent. The fight against him will require you to quickly dispose of the ghosts he spawns. Doing so makes the boss vulnerable to damag. Ranged classes have a distinct advantage, since the ghosts melee for a very high amount of damage. Before we delve further into the explanations, we advise you to first watch this very short video, which shows how the fight with Dark Summoner goes.
Abilities and Strategy
Dark Summoner is immune to all damage by default. Roughly every 12 seconds, the boss creates a ghost in a random location of the arena. Killing a ghost suppresses the boss' immunity for 18 seconds.
These ghosts have no abilities, but their melee attack will one-shot you. They are susceptible to stuns, and they move very slowly. There is a beam of light that shines in front of your character (much like a flashlight). Aiming this at a ghost will stun it for a few seconds, which should give you enough time to kill it before it has a chance to melee you.
Taking this into account, the strategy should be as follows.
- Whenever a ghost spawns, kill it quickly and then focus on burning the boss while he is vulnerable.
- Whenever possible, interrupt Shadowbolt, and also use any damage mitigation cooldowns that you may have.
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Potion of Brawler's Might, a Potion of Brawler's Cunning, or a Potion of Brawler's Deftness right before Dark Summoner appears, depending on what your main statistic is.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- Amazing Animation and Effects in "Judgement" Animated Short
- Vicious War Gorm Mounts in Shadowlands Season 2
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38872 Class Changes
- A List of All Burning Crusade and Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes (June 1-8)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 7th
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 13: Arcane Mages Dominate, Frost Rises as Well
- Impressive Arthas and Teldrassil Faction Animated Wallpapers
- Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38872
- 9.1 Release Information
- Feral Druid PvP 9.0.5
- Beast Mastery Hunter PvP 9.0.1
- Patch 9.1 Changes
- Arcane Mage PvP 9.0.5
- Unholy Death Knight Leveling
- Advice for newbie tank
- Korthia Overview