Brawler's Guild: Thwack U (Rank 5) (Legion 7.1.5)
Table of Contents
- 1. Abilities and Strategy
- 2. Generic Advice
- 3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
- 4. Changelog
Thwack U is your first Brawler's Guild Rank 5 encounter. The fight can seem overwhelming at first, but it is simple once you understand the mechanics.
This encounter is not currently part of the Battle for Azeroth season of the Brawler's Guild.
Abilities and Strategy
Wes only casts one ability, Sit Down, which has a 3-second cast time and is interruptible. If Wes completes the cast, you will be rooted for 2 seconds. Interrupting this cast is, therefore, very important.
Sonny only uses It's Lit; it also has a 3-second cast time and is also interruptible, and if successfully cast, it will deal a relatively insignificant amount of Fire damage to you.
In addition to the two bosses and Dancers, there are two more mechanics. The back wall of the arena is lined with speakers, and some of them will regularly fire off sonic waves in your direction. Getting hit by these waves deals damage (although it is not lethal). Since not all of the speakers are active at once, you can avoid being hit by the waves by standing in front of the inactive ones.
Moreover, every now and then, a fire wave will move along the floor, across the arena. Getting hit by it will deal damage to you, but you can avoid this by jumping over the wall when it reaches you.
The strategy for defeating Wes and Sonny is simple.
- Interrupt Wes when he is casting Sit Down.
- Avoid sonic waves and jump over the fire wall.
- Use AoE damage or crowd control on the Dancer adds to keep them from dealing too much damage to you as their numbers grow.
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Brawler's Battle Potion of Agility, a Brawler's Battle Potion of Intellect, or a Brawler's Battle Potion of Strength.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Coastal Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- 04 Jan. 2017: Guide added.
- Amazing Animation and Effects in "Judgement" Animated Short
- Vicious War Gorm Mounts in Shadowlands Season 2
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38872 Class Changes
- A List of All Burning Crusade and Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes (June 1-8)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 7th
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 13: Arcane Mages Dominate, Frost Rises as Well
- Impressive Arthas and Teldrassil Faction Animated Wallpapers
- Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38872
- 9.1 Release Information
- Feral Druid PvP 9.0.5
- Beast Mastery Hunter PvP 9.0.1
- Patch 9.1 Changes
- Arcane Mage PvP 9.0.5
- Unholy Death Knight Leveling
- Advice for newbie tank
- Korthia Overview