Big Bad Wolf Guide with Cheap Decks for One Night in Karazhan
Table of Contents
Big Bad Wolf is the second boss in The Opera, the second wing of the One Night in Karazhan Hearthstone adventure. In this guide, you will learn how to use cheap decks to defeat Big Bad Wolf in both Normal and Heroic modes.
1. Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Health||20||20 (+15 Armor)|
|Hero Power||Trembling is a passive Hero Power that causes your minions to cost 1 Mana but to have 1/1 stats.||Trembling is the same as in Normal mode, just that it also makes Big Bad Wolf's minions cost 1 Mana without affecting their stats.|
2. Strategy and Deck Building
This fight is based around Big Bad Wolf's manipulation of your minions to all be 1 Mana 1/1s. The AI's deck is built to take advantage of this fact, including multiple cards that are strong against 1/1 minions such as On the Hunt, Pantry Spider, and Huge Toad.
To gain an advantage, you will want to include minions that have Battlecry effects, or persistent value on the board, since any minion that is usually played purely for its stats will be irrelevant. Card Draw effects, Deathrattle minions, Stormwind Champion-type effects, and buff minions are all extremely valuable.
On Heroic mode, Big Bad Wolf's minions are also reduced to 1 Mana, but retain their standard stats, which makes the fight very unfair. On top of this, he also starts the fight with 3 Kindly Grandmothers in play, which puts you at an immediate disadvantage. To come out victorious in this fight, you will need to rely on strategies that do not try and fight for the board, such as Freeze Mage, or alternatively use high value Deathrattle minions like Tirion Fordring and Sylvanas Windrunner in an N'Zoth, the Corruptor deck.
- basic-card-only Mage deck for Big Bad Wolf in Normal Mode;
- N'Zoth Paladin deck for Big Bad Wolf in Heroic Mode.
- 19 Aug. 2016: Added Big Bad Wolf's Normal mode decklist.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 36
- Tavern Brawl: Brawl of Champions - Round One
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Developer Insights: The Season of Rastakhan
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Lunar New Year Event Extended By One Day
- Update 13.2: Card Nerfs, Lunar Festival, Season of Rastakhan
- What has happened to this site?
- Rumble Run
- Taunt Decks
- Missing Card ?
- My Gold to Buy Packs
- HSReplay Premium Worth it?
- Mage Dungeon Run
- Gonk OTK Druid should have Predatory Instincts!