Assassination Rogue PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Assassination Rogue in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Assassination Rogue PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Assassination Rogues in PvP
The stat priority for Assassination Rogues in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strong secondary stat at all times, due to it increasing your damage and reducing the damage you take. Haste is the next strongest secondary stat as it increases the tick rate of your bleeds, giving you more damage but also more energy through the passive Venomous Wounds. Mastery is a flat damage increase to bleeds and Poisons.
The most important thing regarding gear is to have the highest item level possible while having Versatility on all of your items. Ideally, you want Haste on every item too. Luckily for us Assassination Rogues, in Shadowlands Season 1 the PvP vendor sells items with both Haste and Versatility in almost all slots. This is what your gear should look like.
- Head: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Mask
- Neck: Sinful Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Spaulders
- Cloak: Sinful Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Vest
- Wrists: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Wristwraps
- Hands: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Gloves/ Gloves of Haunting Fixation/ Bleakwing Assassin's Grips
- Waist: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Strap
- Legs: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Breeches
- Feet: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Treads
- Ring 1: Sinful Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Sinful Gladiator's Signet/ Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet
- Weapon 1: Sinful Gladiator's Fang
- Weapon 2: Sinful Gladiator's Fang
Note: it is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will increase the damage increase provided by Versatility, making you more deadly.
Sinful Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will use this trinket if you are stunned and will die in this stun, or on any form of CC if one of your teammates will die and you can save them. Note, if you play a Human, Sinful Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is often a better option as your Human racial, Will to Survive, allows you to break free of stuns already.
Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity is a powerful burst trinket. It gives you Agility and has a fairly short cooldown, allowing you to use it in your burst often.
Sinful Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you are the target. This trinket is extremely powerful, and underrated by most. The health increase is gigantic and will very often save your live if you use it when the enemy team is using cooldowns on you and your healer is in crowd control.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Subtlety Rogue:
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Eternal Agility
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Fortified Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Main Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
- Off Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sinful Revelation
Four of your gems should be Versatile Jewel Cluster, one of your gems should be Straddling Sage Agate, and the last one should be Straddling Jewel Doublet. With these two speed gems and the cloak enchant, plus the passive Fleet Footed, you will move a lot faster, making it easier to kite or to reach a target. If you play a Night Elf you can reach 131% movement speed at all times.
- 06 Apr. 2021: Rewritten by Shadenox and further updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 12 Mar. 2021: Updated Gearing section.
- Updated Best Trinkets.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Amazing Animation and Effects in "Judgement" Animated Short
- Vicious War Gorm Mounts in Shadowlands Season 2
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38872 Class Changes
- A List of All Burning Crusade and Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes (June 1-8)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 7th
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 13: Arcane Mages Dominate, Frost Rises as Well
- Impressive Arthas and Teldrassil Faction Animated Wallpapers
- Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38872