Assassination Rogue PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Assassination Rogue in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Assassination Rogue PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Assassination Rogues in PvP
The stat priority for Assassination Rogues in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strong secondary stat at all times, due to it increasing your damage and reducing the damage you take. Haste is the next strongest secondary stat as it increases the tick rate of your bleeds, giving you more damage but also more energy through the passive Venomous Wounds. Mastery is a flat damage increase to bleeds and Poisons. Be aware that stats have diminishing returns that we will reach this patch. There is a 10% penalty to any point allocated to a stat between 30% and 39%, and a 20% penalty between 39% and 47%. Diminishing Returns amplify further up, but we will not reach those values. It is important to be aware of this because it means that once your Versatility and Haste are past 30% then Mastery becomes an option, and if Haste or Versatility near 39% then Mastery will most likely be more valuable.
You want to use PvP items as much as possible since they have increased item level in PvP combat. Ideally you want Haste and Versatility on every item. Luckily for us Assassination Rogues in Shadowlands Season 3 the PvP vendor sells items with both Haste and Versatility in almost all slots. In addition we have to equip 4 set pieces as well as two Legendary items. This is what your final gear should look like, including set pieces and Legendaries :
- Head: Soulblade Guise ( Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Mask if you do not have that set piece)
- Neck: Cosmic Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Soulblade Nightwings ( Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Spaulders if you do not have that set piece)
- Cloak: Cosmic Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Unity ( Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Vest if you do not have access to the second Legendary yet)
- Wrists: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Wristwraps
- Hands: Soulblade Grasps ( Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Gloves if you do not have that set piece)
- Waist: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Strap
- Legs: Soulblade Leggings ( Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Breeches if you do not have that set piece)
- Feet: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Treads
- Ring 1: Cosmic Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Duskwalker's Patch ( Cosmic Gladiator's Signet if you choose another Legendary)
- Weapon 1: Cosmic Gladiator's Knife/ Observer's Umbral Shiv (Mythic only)
- Weapon 2: Cosmic Gladiator's Knife/ Observer's Umbral Shiv (Mythic only)
The chest piece from the set has the worst stat combination which is why you want to use the other four. Crafting Unity on the chest allows you to get the most stats out of it since the chest is a piece with a high stat budget, and a max iLvL Legendary item grants more stats than a fully-upgraded PvP item.
Note: it is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will increase your Agility by 175 and your Stamina by 300, making you both more deadly and more resilient.
Cosmic Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will use this trinket if you are stunned and will die in this stun, or on any form of CC if one of your teammates will die and you can save them. Note, if you play a Human, Cosmic Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is often a better option as your Human racial, Will to Survive, allows you to break free of stuns already.
Cosmic Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity is a powerful burst trinket. It gives you Agility and has a fairly short cooldown, allowing you to use it in your burst often. It can be great when used alongside Vendetta with the new set bonus, especially as Night Fae.
Cosmic Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you are the target. The health increase is significant and will very often save your live if you use it when the enemy team is using cooldowns on you and your healer is in crowd control.
Cosmic Gladiator's Resonator allows you to drop a bomb on the ground that detonates after 4s, dealing high damage. This allows you to have more impactful goes with lethal damage. Keep in mind that the damage is spread on all targets within the area of effect, so you need to have the main target stunned and isolated.
Cosmic Gladiator's Eternal Aegis grants you a large shield, absorbing magic damage. This can be a decent defensive option instead of the Emblem when facing comps such as Rogue Mage, with heavy magic burst damage.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for an Assassination Rogue:
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Eternal Agility
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Fortified Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Main Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
- Off Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sinful Revelation
Four of your gems should be Versatile Jewel Cluster, one of your gems should be Straddling Sage Agate, and the last one should be Straddling Jewel Doublet. With these two speed gems and the cloak enchant, plus the passive Fleet Footed, you will move a lot faster, making it easier to kite or to reach a target. If you play a Night Elf you can reach 131% movement speed at all times.
- 10 Apr. 2022: Updated BiS gear list.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Already up to date with Patch 9.1.5.
- 30 Jul. 2021: Updated the Shackle trinket due to a recent hotfix.
- 14 Jul. 2021: Updated the trinket section.
- 03 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 06 Apr. 2021: Rewritten by Shadenox and further updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 12 Mar. 2021: Updated Gearing section.
- Updated Best Trinkets.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New Heartbond Lupine Flying Animation in Patch 9.2.5
- Cool New Patch 9.2.5 Windrunner Easter Egg
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes