Assassination Rogue PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Assassination Rogue in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Assassination Rogue PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Assassination Rogues in PvP
The stat priority for Assassination Rogues in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the most vital secondary stat because it increases your damage and reduces the damage you take. Mastery is the second-best stat. It is a flat damage increase to Bleeds and Poisons. Mastery is the highest damage increase per stat point you can have. However, it still comes behind Versatility because Versatility also helps you survive. Haste is the third-best stat. It increases the tick rate of your bleeds, giving you more damage but also more Energy through the passive Venomous Wounds.
You want to use PvP items as much as possible since they have increased item level in PvP combat. This is what your gear should look like:
- Head: Lucid Shadewalker's Deathmask
- Neck: Verdant Gladiator's Amulet
- Shoulders: Lucid Shadewalker's Bladed Spaulders
- Cloak: Undulating Sporecloak
- Chest: Verdant Gladiator's Leather Jerkin
- Wrists: Verdant Gladiator's Leather Wristwraps
- Hands: Lucid Shadewalker's Clawgrips
- Waist: Verdant Gladiator's Leather Strap
- Legs: Lucid Shadewalker's Chausses
- Feet: Infurious Footwraps of Indemnity
- Ring 1: Verdant Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Verdant Gladiator's Signet
- Weapon 1: Verdant Gladiator's Dagger
- Weapon 2: Verdant Gladiator's Dagger
This set of gear only includes two crafted items since these will be limited at the start of the season. Ideally you want Mastery/Versatility crafted items on most slots, so you should strive towards that goal as more crafted items are available. This set of gear also includes four set bonus items. If you do not have them, simply replace them with Mastery/Versatility PvP items, or Haste/Versatility if the former does not exist. This set of gear will be updated as the season goes on to reflect the availability of more crafted items.
Note: it is essential to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will increase your Agility and Stamina by a significant amount.
Verdant Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will use this trinket if you are stunned and will die in this stun, or on any form of CC if one of your teammates will die and you can save them.
Verdant Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity is a good sustained damage trinket. It will randomly give you a main stat buff. It is a good pick if you are mostly focused on sustained damage. It will be your default second trinket.
Verdant Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity is a powerful burst trinket. It gives you Agility and has a relatively short cooldown, allowing you to use it in your burst often. It can be great when used alongside Kingsbane and/or Shadow Dance.
Verdant Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you are the target. The health increase is significant and will very often save your life if you use it when the enemy team is using cooldowns on you and your healer is in crowd control.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for an Assassination Rogue:
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Homebound Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Accelerated Agility/ Enchant Chest - Waking Stats
- Wrists: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Waist: Shadowed Belt Clasp
- Legs: Fierce Armor Kit
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Mastery
- Main Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion
- Off Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion
One of your gems should be Skillful Illimited Diamond, and all your remaining gems should be Zen Neltharite.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.5.
- 30 Apr. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7.
- 25 Jan. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.5.
- 04 Jan. 2022: Updated Enchants.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 28 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 10 Apr. 2022: Updated BiS gear list.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Already up to date with Patch 9.1.5.
- 30 Jul. 2021: Updated the Shackle trinket due to a recent hotfix.
- 14 Jul. 2021: Updated the trinket section.
- 03 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 06 Apr. 2021: Rewritten by Shadenox and further updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 12 Mar. 2021: Updated Gearing section.
- Updated Best Trinkets.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New Tamable Gilnean Fox in Patch 10.2.5
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: December 5th
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 5th: Big Class Tuning
- Adjustments Coming to Ashenvale PvP Event in Season of Discovery
- Imminence of Krag'wa's Executor Price in Trading Post Adjusted
- Azure Worldchiller Going Away December 7th
- More 10.2.5 Covenant Ability Visual Upgrades
- Get 1 Piece of Item Level 467-476 Gear This Week On Live Servers