Assassination Rogue PvP Best Arena Compositions (Battle for Azeroth / Patch 8.3)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Assassination Rogue (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Assassination Rogue PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena you will be focusing on single target damage. Depending on what healer you are playing with, use Cheap Shot on the enemy healer to setup crowd control. For example, if you are playing with a Discipline Priest, you should use Cheap Shot on the enemy healer so your Priest can get close enough to use Psychic Scream.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Assassination Rogue + Discipline Priest
- Assassination Rogue + Restoration Druid
- Assassination Rogue + Fire Mage
- Assassination Rogue + Holy Paladin
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. You will likely be focusing on maximizing your single target damage. If you are playing against a healer that is not mobile (Discipline Priest, Holy Paladin, or Restoration Shaman), you can open on them and try to force a trinket or major defensive. If the enemy healer trinkets, you can use Blind with your next setup. Your overall goal is to focus an enemy without a trinket. When you and your teammate have damage, use Cheap Shot on the enemy healer. After this, use Kidney Shot on your kill target and continue with your burst rotation. It is important to note that Rogues are very easy to kill in 3v3 Arena. Make sure you are maintaining your Feint buff and play defensively when your team does not have much damage.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- RMP (Assassination Rogue + Arcane Mage/Fire Mage + Discipline Priest)
- RMPally (Assassination Rogue + Fire Mage + Holy Paladin)
- RMD (Assassination Rogue + Frost Mage + Restoration Druid)
- RLS (Assassination Rogue + Destruction Warlock + Holy Paladin/Restoration Shaman)
- 20 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for Patch 8.3 and no update was deemed necessary.
- 26 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- Reputation Gains Increased By 60% This Week
- A Massive Pre-expansion Event? Beta? What Can We Expect from the Shadowlands Reveal Event?
- Cataclysm Timewalking (July 7th - July 14th)
- Death Knights & Demon Hunters Start At Level 8/10 in Shadowlands
- Authenticator Extra Bag Slots Missing Fix
- WoW Classic Phase 5 Ahn'Qiraj 1.13.5 Patch Notes
- World's Fastest Blackwing Lair Clear by Onslaught (19:10)
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through July 10th