Assassination Rogue DPS Stat Priority — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Assassination Rogue. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Assassination Rogue stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Assassination Rogue
For raiding and Mythic+ the secondary stat priority for Assassination Rogue is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Critical Strike, Haste, and Mastery are all very close to each other in value, so either stat might be best depending on how much you already have of the others.
As we reach higher item levels, it is vital to understand that the diminishing returns on secondary stats might shift your priorities as you acquire better and better gear. As all of our stats are very close in value to each other, we strongly recommend to sim yourself regularly to get a better idea of what item is going to be the best choice in your Great Vault, or if one item is better than another one.
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are directly derived from your stat priority. More information can be found on our Stats page.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
Getting a Better Understanding of Assassination Rogue Stats
Agility is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.
Mastery increases the damage that your poisons and bleeds deal (through Mastery: Potent Assassin). It also affects all Nature-damage based abilities like Shiv, Poison Bomb, and Envenom.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with attacks. As an Assassination Rogue, this statistic also contributes to granting you extra Combo Points through Seal Fate.
Versatility is a flat-out damage done increase and damage taken reduction.
Haste provides you with increased attack speed and Energy regeneration. It also increases the tick rate of your Damage over Time effects, which results in more Energy gained through Venomous Wounds.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Page updated for the Patch 10.2 Rogue rework.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Page was reviewed for Patch 10.1.7 and no changes were necessary.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Page was reviewed for Patch 10.1.5 and no changes were necessary as Assassination received no changes for the Patch.
- 01 May 2023: Patch 10.1 did not change the stat priority.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 04 Jan. 2023: Updated Stat prio, added disclaimer for Haste at lower gear levels.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2