Beast Mastery Hunter PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.1)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Beast Mastery Hunter in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Beast Mastery Hunter PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Beast Mastery Hunters in PvP
The stat priority for Beast Mastery Hunters in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the best secondary stat you should stack. This is great for increasing your overall damage output and your survivability. Haste is your next-best secondary stat, as this will reduce the GCD for your abilities and will also increase the DoT from Flayed Shot if you are Venthyr.
In general, Beast Mastery Hunters want to get trinkets that line up well with Bestial Wrath and Aspect of the Wild. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stats you want to be increasing are either Agility or Mastery. The Agility will provide a very large increase to your damage and Mastery will increase the damage dealt by your pets. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Beast Mastery Hunter.
- Head: Unchained Gladiator's Chain Faceguard
- Neck: Unchained Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Unchained Gladiator's Chain Monnion
- Cloak: Unchained Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Unchained Gladiator's Chain Tunic
- Wrists: Unchained Gladiator's Chain Bracers
- Hands: Unchained Gladiator's Chain Handguards
- Waist: Unchained Gladiator's Chain Belt
- Legs: Unchained Gladiator's Chain Breeches
- Feet: Unchained Gladiator's Chain Sabatons
- Ring 1: Unchained Gladiator's Signet
- Ring 2: Unchained Gladiator's Ring
- Weapon: Unchained Gladiator's Lightbow
Note: it is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your damage and healing.
Unchained Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human and are playing against a team with only stuns, Unchained Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Unchained Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Unchained Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Unchained Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Shards of Domination
Some gear from the Sanctum of Domination raid have a Domination Gem socket. These gems have various passive effects. To get more information on this gear and sockets, read more on our dedicated page.
Something to note is that these gems are nerfed by 50% in PvP. Although they do have powerful affects, they are not mandatory to be successful in PvP. With that said, if you do get the chance to use Shards of Domination, here are the best ones for Beast Mastery Hunter:
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Beast Mastery Hunter:
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Eternal Agility
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Infra-green Reflex Sight
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated gear recommendations and added Shards of Domination section.
- 14 May 2021: Updated Gear Recommendations.
- 02 May 2021: Updated Stat Priority.
- 23 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- A New Tradition: Celebrate a Change of Seasons With a Tree Gathering
- Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290 Class Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: September 23rd
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Patch 9.1.5 PTR Notes: September 23rd
- Shadowlands 9.1 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 11
- Rogue Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)
- Priest Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)