Beast Mastery Hunter PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.0.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Beast Mastery Hunter in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Beast Mastery Hunter PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Beast Mastery Hunters in PvP
The stat priority for Beast Mastery Hunters in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Increasing your Mastery: Master of Beasts increases the damage by your pets, which results in an increase to your burst and sustained damage. You should focus on getting gear with Versatility as well. This is great for increasing your overall damage output and your survivability.
In general, Beast Mastery Hunters want to get trinkets that line up well with Bestial Wrath and Aspect of the Wild. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stats you want to be increasing are either Agility or Mastery. The Agility will provide a very large increase to your damage and Mastery will increase the damage dealt by your pets. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Beast Mastery Hunter.
- Head: Sinful Gladiator's Chain Faceguard
- Neck: Sinful Gladiator's Amulet
- Shoulders: Blightbone Spaulders
- Cloak: Sinful Gladiator's Shawl
- Chest: Sinful Gladiator's Chain Tunic
- Wrists: Sinful Gladiator's Chain Wristguards
- Hands: Sinful Gladiator's Chain Handguards
- Waist: Clasp of Waning Shadow
- Legs: Sinful Gladiator's Chain Breeches
- Feet: Sinful Gladiator's Chain Boots
- Ring 1: Sinful Gladiator's Signet
- Ring 2: Hyperlight Band
- Weapon: Blight Belcher
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your damage and healing.
Sinful Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human and are playing against a team with only stuns, Sinful Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Sinful Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Beast Mastery Hunter:
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Eternal Agility
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Infra-green Reflex Sight
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Shadowlands Season 2 Vicious Mounts Preview
- Rogue Class Changes in Patch 9.0.5 Build 37623
- TCG Pet Bananas Becomes Charity Pet
- No New Customization Options Planned for Shadowlands
- Burning Crusade Classic Will Be Based Off the Final Patch, No Class Tuning and "Some Changes"
- The Wandering Ancient Mount Is Coming in Patch 9.0.5!
- Shadowlands Pathfinder Only Requires Completing the Covenant Campaign
- BlizzConline World of Warcraft Q&A Recap