Beast Mastery Hunter PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight / 10.0.5)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Beast Mastery Hunter in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Beast Mastery Hunter PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Beast Mastery Hunters in PvP
The stat priority for Beast Mastery Hunters in PvP is as follows:
- Versatility to 30%;
- Versatility beyond 30%;
- Critical Strike.
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the best secondary stat you should stack. This is great for increasing your overall damage output and your survivability. After this, Mastery and Haste are both strong while Crit is weak.
In general, Beast Mastery Hunters want to get trinkets that line up well with Bestial Wrath and Aspect of the Wild. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stats you want to be increasing are either Agility or Mastery. The Agility will provide a very large increase to your damage and Mastery will increase the damage dealt by your pets. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Beast Mastery Hunter.
- Head: Stormwing Harrier's Skullmask
- Neck: Crimson Gladiator's Amulet
- Shoulders: Stormwing Harrier's Pinions
- Cloak: Crimson Gladiator's Shawl
- Chest: Stormwing Harrier's Cuirass
- Wrists: Crimson Gladiator's Chain Bracers
- Hands: Crimson Gladiator's Chain Handguards
- Waist: Crimson Gladiator's Chain Belt
- Legs: Stormwing Harrier's Greaves
- Feet: Infurious Boots of Reprieve (Crafted)
- Ring 1: Crimson Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Crimson Gladiator's Signet
- Weapon: Crimson Gladiator's Hand Cannon
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you an Agility and Stamina boost that will increase your damage and survivability.
Crimson Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health.
Crimson Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Crimson Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Crimson Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Beast Mastery Hunter:
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Homebound Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Waking Stats
- Wrist: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Legs: Fierce Armor Kit
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Versatility or Enchant Ring - Devotion of Mastery
- Weapon Enchant: High Intensity Thermal Scanner
Gem all of your gear with Zen Malygite for maximum Versatility, or Zen Neltharite for more DPS.
- 14 Mar. 2023: Updated the stat priority and BiS list.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 29 Jul. 2022: Reviewed and updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 21 Apr. 2022: Updated the BiS list.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated the recommended Gear and Trinkets.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated gear recommendations and added Shards of Domination section.
- 14 May 2021: Updated Gear Recommendations.
- 02 May 2021: Updated Stat Priority.
- 23 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1