Beast Mastery Hunter PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Beast Mastery Hunter in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Beast Mastery Hunter PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Beast Mastery Hunters in PvP
The stat priority for Beast Mastery Hunters in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the best secondary stat you should stack. This is great for increasing your overall damage output and your survivability. Haste is your next-best secondary stat, as this will reduce the GCD for your abilities and will also increase the DoT from Flayed Shot if you are Venthyr.
In general, Beast Mastery Hunters want to get trinkets that line up well with Bestial Wrath and Aspect of the Wild. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stats you want to be increasing are either Agility or Mastery. The Agility will provide a very large increase to your damage and Mastery will increase the damage dealt by your pets. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Beast Mastery Hunter.
- Head: Godstalker's Sallet
- Neck: Cosmic Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Godstalker's Pauldrons
- Cloak: Cosmic Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Godstalker's Hauberk
- Wrists: Cosmic Gladiator's Chain Bracers
- Hands: Godstalker's Gauntlets
- Waist: Cosmic Gladiator's Chain Belt
- Legs: Cosmic Gladiator's Chain Breeches
- Feet: Cosmic Gladiator's Chain Sabatons
- Ring 1: Cosmic Gladiator's Signet
- Ring 2: Versatile Solenium Ring (with Versatility and Hastee)
- Weapon: Cosmic Gladiator's Ballista
Where you craft your Unity and your Craven Strategem Legendary is largely dependent on your current gear and where you can gain the most item level compared to a normal item, but Neck and Ring slots are generally good as they give guaranteed sockets.
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you an Agility and Stamina boost that will increase your damage and survivability.
Cosmic Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human and are playing against a team with only stuns, Cosmic Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Cosmic Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Cosmic Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Cosmic Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Beast Mastery Hunter:
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Eternal Agility
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Infra-green Reflex Sight
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 21 Apr. 2022: Updated the BiS list.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated the recommended Gear and Trinkets.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated gear recommendations and added Shards of Domination section.
- 14 May 2021: Updated Gear Recommendations.
- 02 May 2021: Updated Stat Priority.
- 23 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New Heartbond Lupine Flying Animation in Patch 9.2.5
- Cool New Patch 9.2.5 Windrunner Easter Egg
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes