Beast Mastery Hunter DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Beast Mastery Hunter. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Hunter stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Beast Mastery Hunter
General Stat Priority
The general stat priority for a Beast Mastery Hunter is:
- Critical Strike;
Critical Strike is generally superior to all other stats for Beast Mastery Hunters, particularly as gear gets better and you start getting Dance of Death Traits.
Versatility and Haste are close. As your gear gets better and you get Condensed Life-Force, Haste becomes much better.
Mastery is not far off, but is generally an inferior stat to Haste and Versatility.
In a practical situation, your stat weights and priority will always be changing as you get more gear, trinkets and so on. This is a general stat priority that gives you an idea of what stats are good to have on your gear.
How To Choose Gear For The Beast Mastery Hunter
If you are ever in doubt about what items to wear for any given situation, the only way to truly figure it out for your character is to use Raidbots. This website allows you to easily compare gear you already have, as well as gear you do not have.
Gearing decisions will not always be clear-cut. This is obvious if you have ever had to choose between a high item level piece of loot with bad stats, and a lower item level piece of loot with perfect stats. These decisions and more are the reason we recommend using Raidbots to help simulate your character.
Raidbots takes everything into account, including procs, RNG elements, your specific gear, racials and more. If you have made sure you performed the simulation correctly, then you can generally trust Raidbots' results to be accurate.
Agility is your primary stat. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do across the board.
Mastery, through Mastery: Master of Beasts, increases the damage done by all the pets and creatures that you summon. This includes your main pet, Dire Beasts and more.
Haste increases your attack speed and Focus regeneration, reduces your Global Cooldown from 1.5 seconds to a minimum of 0.750 seconds, and reduces the cooldown on your Kill Command, Barbed Shot, and Chimaera Shot abilities.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities, causing them to deal double damage. For Beast Mastery, in particular, Critical Strike increases the frequency of Wild Call procs, which gives auto-shot critical strikes a 20% chance to reset the cooldown of Barbed Shot.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Updated, simplified and clarified the stat priority and the description.
- 13 Jul. 2019: Simplified and updated the stat priority.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 14 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Crucible of Storms and no changes are necessary.
- 21 Jan. 2018: Updated the single-target stat priority.
- 06 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Sep. 2018: Updated the stat priority and added a disclaimer note.
- 04 Sep. 2018: Edited the single-target stat priority.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- WoW Classic Hotfixes: November 12th
- Wrath Timewalking Returns: November 12th
- New Patch 8.3 World Bosses: Grand Empress Shek'zara, Tashara, Vuk'laz the Earthbreaker
- Shadowlands Is Apparently Early in Development
- More Changes to Anniversary Alterac Valley Battleground
- World's Fastest Molten Core Clear in Phase 1 by Salad Bakers
- Patch 8.3 PTR Raid Testing Schedule: November 14th & 15th
- Free Character Moves from Select US Realms Available to Horde Characters Only
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk
- Fury Warrior 8.2
- Frost Death Knight 8.2
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.2
- Gems for Timewalking Arcane Mage
- Completed Quests Checker
- Warlock Leveling Guide