Beast Mastery Hunter DPS Stat Priority — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Beast Mastery Hunter. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Beast Mastery Hunter stat priority.
Best Beast Mastery Hunter Stat Priority in Dragonflight
The general stat priority for a Beast Mastery Hunter is:
- Haste, to around 30%;
- Critical Strike, to around 44%;
- Mastery, to around 5400;
- More Crit/Haste/Mastery.
This stat priority is based on a gearset where all the stats have been equalized, in order to isolate a "general" best stat. This may not necessarily be the case for your character, however, and you should always sim your optimal gear using our Raidbots Guide instead of simply following a stat priority.
Haste, Crit, and Mastery are all close and competitive stats. Any of them can be the "best" for your character currently. Versatility is nearly always undesirable, however, and if anything your focus should be on avoiding Versatility rather than caring about your ratio of the other 3 stats. This remains the case until very high gear levels where you can reach the DR points for all 3 of your other stats. Past these points, Versatility tends to beat the top 3 stats.
Diminishing Returns on Stats
There are points at which certain stats will start offering less benefit. These are the points of diminishing return. After this point, stats will give progressively less benefit. This does not necessarily mean that a Stat will no longer be good past its point of diminishing returns, but if you find yourself crossing them, you should pay special attention to your sims and find out if you should look for different stats.
- 5400 Crit, or 44% (due to Keen Eyesight)
- 5100 Haste, or 30%
- 6150 Versatility, or 30%
- 5400 Mastery Rating
How To Choose Gear For The Beast Mastery Hunter
If you are ever in doubt about what items to wear for any given situation, the only way to truly figure it out for your character is to use Raidbots (click for a guide on how to use it). This website allows you to easily compare gear you already have, as well as gear you do not have.
Gearing decisions will not always be clear-cut. This is obvious if you have ever had to choose between a high item level piece of loot with bad stats, and a lower item level piece of loot with perfect stats. These decisions and more are the reason we recommend using Raidbots to help simulate your character.
Raidbots takes everything into account including procs, RNG elements, your specific gear, racials and more. If you have made sure you performed the simulation correctly, then you can generally trust Raidbots' results to be accurate.
Best Gems, Enchants, and Consumables for Beast Mastery Hunter
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are directly derived from your stat priority and you can find our advice on this topic in our dedicated page.
Agility is your primary stat. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do across the board.
Mastery, through Mastery: Master of Beasts, increases the damage done by all the pets and creatures that you summon. This includes your main pet, Dire Beasts and more.
Haste increases your attack speed and Focus regeneration, reduces your Global Cooldown from 1.5 seconds to a minimum of 0.750 seconds, and reduces the cooldown on your Kill Command and Barbed Shot abilities.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities, causing them to deal double damage. For Beast Mastery, in particular, Critical Strike increases the frequency of Wild Call procs, which gives auto-shot critical strikes a 20% chance to reset the cooldown of Barbed Shot.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 23 Nov. 2023: Updated the stat priority and clarified when Versatility can take over.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 15 Feb. 2023: Updated the generic stat priority.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Adjustments Coming to Ashenvale PvP Event in Season of Discovery
- Imminence of Krag'wa's Executor Price in Trading Post Adjusted
- Azure Worldchiller Going Away December 7th
- More 10.2.5 Covenant Ability Visual Upgrades
- Get 1 Piece of Item Level 467-476 Gear This Week On Live Servers
- Patch 10.2 Week 5 Guide: A Comprehensive To-Do List for Season 3 Week 4
- Player Only Has Invincible In Their Mount Collection
- Secret Rune Vendor Discovered in Season of Discovery