Beast Mastery Hunter DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.0.1
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Beast Mastery Hunter. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.0.1.
1. The Basics of Stats for Beast Mastery Hunter
1.1. Single Target Stat Priority
The general single-target stat priority for a Beast Mastery Hunter is:
- Critical Strike;
Note that all secondaries are extremely close for Beast Mastery, and they are subject to wild swings in value based on the traits and stats that already exist in your gear, so this is very much a generalized recommendation.
1.2. Multi-Target Stat Priority
The general multi-target stat priority for a Beast Mastery Hunter is:
- Critical Strike;
This stat priority is derived by using a SimulationCraft gear profile/setup that is relevant for current content. Then, all the stats are set to an equal amount. It is using a mixture of Azerite Traits, a very good one, an average one, and a bad one. No trinkets are used.
In a practical situation, your stat weights and priority will always be changing as you get more gear, trinkets and so on. This is a general stat priority that gives you an idea of what stats are good to have on your gear.
2. How To Choose Gear For The Beast Mastery Hunter
If you are ever in doubt about what items to wear for any given situation, the only way to truly figure it out for your character is to use Raidbots. This website allows you to easily compare gear you already have, as well as gear you do not have.
Gearing decisions will not always be clear-cut. This is obvious if you have ever had to choose between a high item level piece of loot with bad stats, and a lower item level piece of loot with perfect stats. These decisions and more are the reason we recommend using Raidbots to help simulate your character.
Raidbots takes everything into account, including procs, RNG elements, your specific gear, racials and more. If you have made sure you performed the simulation correctly, then you can generally trust Raidbots' results to be accurate.
2.1. Statistics Explanations
Agility is your primary stat. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do across the board.
Mastery, through Mastery: Master of Beasts, increases the damage done by all the pets and creatures that you summon. This includes your main pet, Dire Beasts and more.
Haste increases your attack speed and Focus regeneration, reduces your Global Cooldown from 1.5 seconds to a minimum of 0.750 seconds, and reduces the cooldown on your Kill Command, Barbed Shot, and Chimaera Shot abilities.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities, causing them to deal double damage. For Beast Mastery, in particular, Critical Strike increases the frequency of Wild Call procs, which gives auto-shot critical strikes a 20% chance to reset the cooldown of Barbed Shot.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 21 Jan. 2018: Updated the single-target stat priority.
- 06 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Sep. 2018: Updated the stat priority and added a disclaimer note.
- 04 Sep. 2018: Edited the single-target stat priority.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Crucible of Storms Raid Testing Rescheduled to February 22nd
- Zandalari Troll Racial Nerfs Coming Soon
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 29418: Class Changes & Highlights
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: February 20th
- Upcoming Windwalker Monk Fists of Fury Change in Patch 8.1.5
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 36
- Patch 8.1.5 Allied Races & Faction Change Clarifications
- Zandalari Troll Embrace the Loa Racial & Shrines
- Fury Warrior 8.1
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.1
- Demonology Warlock 8.1
- Galecaller's boon use.
- Fury Warrior needs help
- The Help My DPS Thread
- Mission Table - Champions Guide
- Enhancement Shaman 8.1