Beast Mastery Hunter PvP Talents and Builds (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing the right PvP and PvE talents is a prerequisite to proper performance in PvP. This guide goes through the various talent choices available to you as a Beast Mastery Hunter and gives you the best combinations you can take.
This page is part of our Beast Mastery Hunter PvP Guide.
Talent Choices for Beast Mastery Hunters
PvP Talents for Beast Mastery Hunters
You can choose 3 of the following PvP talents. Each of them has their uses, but some are better for certain strategies than others. The top three choices are the most useful, but can be replaced with other PvP talents, depending on your team's goal.
Primary PvP Talents
Roar of Sacrifice instructs your pet to protect a friendly target from critical strikes, making attacks against that target unable to be critical strikes, but 20% of all damage taken by that target is also taken by the pet. It lasts 12 seconds and this is a powerful defensive cooldown that is helpful for you and your teammates. With a cooldown of only 1 minute, this is an ability that your healer can call-out to use if they are stuck in crowd control.
Survival Tactics causes Feign Death to remove all harmful magical effects, and reduces damage taken by 99% for 1.5 seconds. This is a mandatory talent when playing against classes with multiple DoTs (Affliction Warlock, Shadow Priest, Balance Druid). This reduces the enemies' overall damage and helps your healer with dispelling harmful effects. You can also use this to stop incoming spells that are being cast on you.
Situational PvP Talents
Kindred Beasts is another strong PvP talent that should be used in almost any situation. This reduces the cooldown important pet abilities that you can activate, such as Master's Call.
Chimaeral Sting has 3 different effects that switch after 3 seconds. It starts by reducing the movement speed of the target then silences them. After these two effects, it will reduce the damage and healing the target does. This is a great talent if your team needs additional slows or crowd control
Pets do not have talent trees, and instead have their own types of specialization (Cunning, Ferocity, or Tenacity).
Each specialization gives your pet a few abilities. Cunning provides the ability Master's Call, by far the best pet ability to have. To get the Mortal Wounds debuff from your pets, you will need one of the following pets:
You can also use a Ferocity pet which grants 10% Leech if you are not comfortable using Master's Call, though we highly recommend it:
- Carrion Bird
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed and updated for Patch 10.1.7
- 11 Jul. 2023: Updated the Talent Build.
- 09 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 28 Jan. 2023: Updated the recommended talent build.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated the recommended talents and PvP talents. Updated the recommended pets.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated Tier 4 Regular Talent.
- Updated PvP Talents.
- 09 Jul. 2021: Updated PvP Talents.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated Tier 3 regular talents and updated PvP talents.
- 07 Jun. 2021: Updated Best Pets.
- 23 Mar. 2021: Updated Talent Table.
- Updated Tiers 1 and 2 Regular Talents.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2