Beast Mastery Hunter DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.0.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Beast Mastery Hunter in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.0.1.
1. The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Beast Mastery Hunter
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
2. Best Dungeons for Beast Mastery Hunter
This is a table containing all the currently available dungeons, and listing how many good items each dungeon can drop. We classify a "good item" as pieces that have a high amount of one of your best stats on it (Critical Strike or Mastery). This will help guide you on what dungeons to focus on when farming for upgrades.
|Tol Dagor||Weapon, Helm, Shoulders, Bracers, Gloves, Legs|
|Freehold||Weapon, Bracers, Finger, Trinket|
|The MOTHERLODE!!||Weapon, Cloak, Legs, Finger|
|Atal'Dazar||Weapon, Cloak, Belt, Boots|
|Kings' Rest||Weapon, Finger, Trinket|
|The Underrot||Belt, Legs, Finger|
|Temple of Sethraliss||Gloves, Weapon, Chest|
|Shrine of the Storm||Gloves, Trinket|
|Waycrest Manor||Cloak, Boots|
|Siege of Boralus||Belt, Finger|
Many people have a tendency to overthink the distribution of their secondary stats. An important thing to remember is that a higher quantity of stats is nearly always better than a better quality of stats. Because of this, wearing higher item level gear with worse stats tends to be better than lower item level gear with great stats. Keep this in mind when considering gear.
4. Trinket Simulation for Beast Mastery Hunter
A generic ranking for the top 13 single-target Trinkets can be found here:
A generic ranking for the top 13 cleave Trinkets can be found here:
- 06 Dec. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation.
- 15 Oct. 2018: Updated the list of good dungeons and their items.
- 07 Sep. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation.
- 30 Aug. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation to include the recent SimCraft changes to RPPM.
- 26 Aug. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation to include buff to the Tiny Electromental in a Jar.
- 24 Aug. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation to include various World Quest trinkets.
- 23 Aug. 2018: Added a link to the origin spreadsheet for the simulation chart.
- 21 Aug. 2018: Updated Trinket simulations.
- 18 Aug. 2018: Changed the BiS list to a more generally useful list of good dungeons to farm, as this will be relevant throughout the entire expansion.
- 17 Aug. 2018: Updated the Best in Slot ring.
- 16 Aug. 2018: Updated the best in slot helmet.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 20 Jul. 2018: Updated Celerity of the Windrunners' Haste level from 2% to 3%.
- 18 Jul. 2018: Updates to the BiS list and Legendary ranking.
- Updated Golganneth's Vitality to just be an Argus Personal Loot drop.
- Revised Legendary ranking and added Soul of the Huntmaster and Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish to it.
- WoW Esports in 2019
- PvP Season 1: Arena and RBG Title Cutoffs
- Tides of Vengeance Part II: Survival Guide
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938: Class Changes
- BfA PvP Season 2 Preview [Official]
- Tools of the Trade in Patch 8.1.5
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- Kul Tiran & Zandalari Druid Empowered Moonkin Form
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Guardian Druid 8.1
- Need help with BoS
- Feral Druid 8.1
- when to use blizzard/aoe as frost?
- Windwalker Monk PvP 8.1
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 8.1
- Survival Hunter PvP 8.1