Beast Mastery Hunter DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Beast Mastery Hunter in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Hunter gear and best in slot.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Beast Mastery Hunter
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
What Gear Do I Farm/Bonus Roll/Chase After?
When identifying what gear you should be aiming after, we recommend using RaidBots' Droptimizer feature. It requires the SimulationCraft Addon. Once you have the addon installed, write "/simc" into the chat in-game, and copy-pasting the contents into the RaidBots Droptimizer.
Simply select the raid and difficulty you are interested in, and RaidBots will take a while to figure out where you should spend your bonus rolls, and more.
Corruptions and Corrupted Items
For more information about the best Corruptions and corrupted items you can get, please refer to our dedicated page.
Mechagon offers two unique types of gear. The first is the Pocket-Sized Computation Device Trinket, which has 3 sockets that can be filled with punchcards. Yellow Punchcards offer stats, Red Punchcards offer damaging effects, and Blue Punchcards offer unique utility.
The whole Trinket's item level scales with the item level of the punchcards in it, as an average of the Red and Yellow punchcards. The item level of the trinket affects the power of the punchcards in it.
Yellow Punchcards can be looted from Rares in Mechagon, or from bosses inside the Operation: Mechagon dungeon. They offer a large amount of one secondary stat, and a small amount of another. The best Yellow Punchcard for Beast Mastery Hunters is any high Critical Strike punchcard, with a high item level.
There are two noteworthy Red Punchcards: Cyclotronic Blast and Subroutine: Recalibration, the former being more interesting at lower gear levels and the latter being more interesting at higher gear levels.
The other type of gear are the set rings from Operation: Mechagon. By combining a "Logic Loop" ring like Logic Loop of Recursion with a "Bit Band" ring like Overclocking Bit Band, you can combine the two effects to create a unique effect with a unique trigger. The Recursion and Overclocking combo is the most potent for Hunters.
Weekly Mythic+ Chest
You should be completing at least one keystone at a high item level each week to make use of the Mythic+ weekly chest. Each week you will receive one piece of loot, and a fixed amount of Titan Residuum. The highest keystone you complete (up to a maximum of 15) will determine the final reward.
|Mythic+ Level||Loot iLvl - End of Dungeon||Loot iLvl - Weekly Chest||# of Loot - End of Dungeon||Titan Residuum in Weekly Chest|
|Mythic+16||465||475||3 (40% chance of 4th piece)||2240|
|Mythic+17||465||475||3 (80% chance of 4th piece)||2330|
|Mythic+18||465||475||4 (20% chance of 5th piece)||2420|
Thanks to Bloodmallet.com, a comprehensive list of available trinkets for Beast Mastery are listed against each other below. Keep in mind that this is only a guideline, and that you should be simming your own character if you care about optimizing it.
Many people have a tendency to overthink the distribution of their secondary stats. An important thing to remember is that a higher quantity of stats is nearly always better than a better quality of stats. Because of this, wearing higher item level gear with worse stats tends to be better than lower item level gear with great stats. Keep this in mind when considering gear. For more stats information, please refer to our dedicated page.
Raiding Best in Slot Gear for Beast Mastery Hunter
This does not include trinkets as they are covered in the above chart.
Note that this is not a guide on which bosses to bonus roll. Refer to the Droptimizer guide above to plan out your bonus rolls!
|Helm||Helm of Actualized Visions||Carapace of N'Zoth in Ny'alotha|
|Shoulder||Cannoneer's Mantle / Epaulettes of Arcing Power||Purchased from Azerite vendor for Titan Residuum|
|Cloak||Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve||Legendary Cloak from the Patch 8.3 Questline|
|Chest||Last Vestige of Neltharion||N'Zoth the Corruptor in Ny'alotha|
|Wrists||Arc-Glass Bindings||Mythic+ Temple of Sethraliss|
|Gloves||Ego-Annihilating Grips||Shad'har the Insatiable in Ny'alotha|
|Belt||Watcher's Scheming Girdle||Carapace of N'Zoth in Ny'alotha|
|Legs||Greaves of Forbidden Magics||Maut in Ny'alotha|
|Legs (alternative)||Eldritch Cragscale Greaves||Crafted. Requires Leatherworking. 236 Critical Strike and 94 Haste is ideal.|
|Boots||Greaves of the Twilight Drake||Vexiona in Ny'alotha|
|Boots (alternative)||Eldritch Cragscale Boots||Crafted. Requires Leatherworking. 177 Critical Strike and 71 Haste is ideal.|
|Mechagon Ring #1 (Only When Combined with Mechagon Ring #2)||Logic Loop of Division or Logic Loop of Recursion||Mythic+ Operation Mechagon: Junkyard|
|Mechagon Ring #2 (Only When Combined with Mechagon Ring #1)||Overclocking Bit Band||Mythic+ Operation Mechagon: Workshop|
|Ring #1 (Non-Mechagon Alternative)||Peerless Leviathan's Eye Loop||Crafted. Requires Jewelcrafting. 416 Critical Strike and 166 Haste is ideal.|
|Ring #2 (Raid/Purchasable Alternative)||Lurking Schemer's Band||Raid Trash Drop, can be bought on the Auction House.|
|Ring #2 (Non-Mechagon, Raid Alternative)||Ring of Collective Consciousness||The Hivemind in Ny'alotha|
|Weapon||Whispering Eldritch Bow||Prophet Skitra in Ny'alotha|
|Weapon (Non-Corrupted Alternative)||Dominion, Lurker Beyond Dreams||N'Zoth the Corruptor in Ny'alotha|
- 20 May 2020: Updated the optimal Mechagon Ring combination and added it to the BiS list.
- 12 Feb. 2020: Updated the best Essences and added a paragraph about the highest Corruption you should be using.
- 31 Jan. 2020: Altered the text surrounding the Corruption Bow significantly, as it is now worth using.
- 27 Jan. 2020: Updated the notes and recommendations of Corruptions to reflect recent nerfs and balance changes.
- 20 Jan. 2020: Updated the Best in Slot list for Ny'alotha.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Several Corruption-related updates.
- Clarified the rankings, adding specific notes about some of the best Corruptions.
- Added information about Corruption Weapons.
- 13 Jan. 2020: This page will be updated with more specific information as simulation tools improve in Patch 8.3.
- 25 Oct. 2019: Reworded the text about the Shiver Venom Crossbow.
- 25 Aug. 2019: Updated the text associated with the Shiver Venom Crossbow and its viability.
- 13 Jul. 2019: Updated the Best in Slot List, the list of the best Azerite pieces, and added information about unique Mechagon and Operation: Mechagon items.
- 04 Jul. 2019: Added Vim's Scalecrusher Chain to the Benthic Gear List.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Added a section dedicated to the Benthic Gear System, offering some basic recommendations and a list of the interesting Benthic items you can get.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 01 May 2019: Added a number of new sections to the page, aimed mostly at newer players.
- 15 Apr. 2019: Updated the Raid-based Best-in-Slot list for Crucible of Storms.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Added a Recommended Gear List for Battle for Dazar'alor, and an introduction to the Raidbots Droptimizer feature.
- 06 Dec. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation.
- 15 Oct. 2018: Updated the list of good dungeons and their items.
- 07 Sep. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation.
- 30 Aug. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation to include the recent SimCraft changes to RPPM.
- 26 Aug. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation to include buff to the Tiny Electromental in a Jar.
- 24 Aug. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation to include various World Quest trinkets.
- 23 Aug. 2018: Added a link to the origin spreadsheet for the simulation chart.
- 21 Aug. 2018: Updated Trinket simulations.
- 18 Aug. 2018: Changed the BiS list to a more generally useful list of good dungeons to farm, as this will be relevant throughout the entire expansion.
- 17 Aug. 2018: Updated the Best in Slot ring.
- 16 Aug. 2018: Updated the best in slot helmet.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 20 Jul. 2018: Updated Celerity of the Windrunners' Haste level from 2% to 3%.
- 18 Jul. 2018: Updates to the BiS list and Legendary ranking.
- Updated Golganneth's Vitality to just be an Argus Personal Loot drop.
- Revised Legendary ranking and added Soul of the Huntmaster and Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish to it.
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 2nd
- Optional Crafting Reagents Update: June 2nd
- World First Mythic +28 Tol'Dagor Cleared in Time
- Dredwing Mounts in Shadowlands
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through June 5th
- Specific Vendor Corruptions Prediction Theories
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 1st
- Fist of Justice / Ineffable Truth Hotfix Cancelled