Beast Mastery Hunter DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Dragonflight 10.1.7
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Beast Mastery Hunter in World of Warcraft Dragonflight 10.1.7.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Beast Mastery Hunter gear and best in slot.
BiS Gear Guide for Beast Mastery Hunter
Welcome to our Gear and BiS Page for Beast Mastery Hunter for Dragonflight 10.1.7. Check this page learn everything you need to know about gearing a Beast Mastery Hunter, including the BiS Gear from all sources, Raiding, and Mythic+, information on the best Trinkets, Tier Sets, and much more.
For discussion and information on Stats specifically, check out our Stats page below.
BiS Gear for Beast Mastery Hunter
BiS List for Beast Mastery Hunter
This list contains the highest DPS setup from most sources, for Beast Mastery Hunter.
In most non-Tier slots, a 447 iLvl Craft is technically optimal, since you can customize the secondary stats to your liking. A few 450 iLvl Slots from Mythic Raid are the exception.
447 iLvl Great Vault items from Mythic+ are not listed here, as they are not targetable due to the RNG nature of the Vault. Mythic+ items are included at Item Level 441.
|Weapon||Brutal Dragonslayer's Trophy (447)||Mythic Assault of the Zaqali in Aberrus|
|Helm||Ashen Predator's Faceguard (447)||Inspiration Catalyst, or Mythic Magmorax in Aberrus|
|Neck||Torc of Passed Time (447)||Crafted by Jewelcrafting|
|Shoulder||Ashen Predator's Trophy (450)||Mythic Echo of Neltharion/Scalecommander Sarkareth in Aberrus|
|Cloak||Voice of the Silent Star (457)||Mythic Scalecommander Sarkareth in Aberrus|
|Chest||Ashen Predator's Sling Vest (447)||Inspiration Catalyst, or Mythic Zskarn in Aberrus|
|Bracers||Boulder-Tossing Bands (447)||Mythic Assault of the Zaqali in Aberrus|
|Gloves||Ashen Predator's Skinners (447)||Inspiration Catalyst, or Mythic The Forgotten Experiments in Aberrus|
|Belt||Flame-Touched Chain (447)||Crafted by Leatherworking. Embellished with Toxified Armor Patch or Shadowflame-Tempered Armor Patch|
|Legs||Flame-Touched Legguards (447)||Crafted by Leatherworking|
|Boots||Acidic Hailstone Treads (447)||Crafted by Leatherworking|
|Ring #1||Signet of Titanic Insight (447)||Crafted by Jewelcrafting|
|Ring #2||Onyx Impostor's Birthright (450)||Mythic Echo of Neltharion in Aberrus|
|Trinket #1||Ominous Chromatic Essence (447)||Mythic The Forgotten Experiments in Aberrus|
|Trinket #2||Neltharion's Call to Dominance (457)||Mythic Echo of Neltharion in Aberrus|
Mythic+ Gear BiS List for Beast Mastery Hunter
This list contains the highest DPS setup, with farmable gear from Mythic+ Dungeons and semi-farmable gear from the Dawn of the Infinite megadungeon. This is a great place to start on a relatively new character, as you can infinitely grind out these items from Mythic+.
|Weapon||Lightningflash (441)||The Vortex Pinnacle|
|Helm||Ashen Predator's Faceguard (441)||Inspiration Catalyst any 441 iLvl Helm|
|Neck||Chain of the Underking (441)||Neltharion's Lair|
|Shoulder||Ashen Predator's Trophy (441)||Inspiration Catalyst any 441 iLvl Shoulders|
|Cloak||Parrotfeather Cloak (441)||Freehold|
|Chest||Ashen Predator's Sling Vest (441)||Inspiration Catalyst any 441 iLvl Chest|
|Bracers||Fierce Boreal Armguards (441)||Uldaman|
|Gloves||Ashen Predator's Skinners (441)||Inspiration Catalyst any 441 iLvl Gloves|
|Belt||Swollen Bark Clasp (441)||Brackenhide Hollow|
|Legs||Corpuscular Greaves (441)||The Underrot|
|Ring #1||Seal of Questionable Loyalties (441)||Freehold|
|Ring #2||Loop of Pulsing Veins (441)||The Underrot|
|Trinket #1||Harlan's Loaded Dice (441)||Freehold|
|Trinket #2||Mirror of Fractured Tomorrows (447)||Hardmode Dawn of the Infinite, last boss.|
Raid Gear BiS List for Beast Mastery Hunter
This list contains the highest DPS setup, only using gear from the Aberrus Raid.
This list is mostly useful for informing your organized guild of what loot is optimal for you, for loot distribution purposes.
|Weapon||Brutal Dragonslayer's Trophy (447)||Assault of the Zaqali|
|Helm||Ashen Predator's Faceguard (447)||Magmorax, or Assault of the Zaqali (Inspiration Catalyst)|
|Neck||Kagni's Scorching Talisman (447)||Assault of the Zaqali|
|Shoulder||Ashen Predator's Trophy (450)||Echo of Neltharion|
|Cloak||Voice of the Silent Star (457)||Scalecommander Sarkareth|
|Chest||Ashen Predator's Sling Vest (447)||Zskarn, or The Amalgamation Chamber (Inspiration Catalyst)|
|Bracers||Boulder-Tossing Bands (447)||Assault of the Zaqali|
|Gloves||Ashen Predator's Skinners (447)||The Forgotten Experiments, or Kazzara (Inspiration Catalyst)|
|Belt||Ashen Predator's Strap (447)||Magmorax. Use the Inspiration Catalyst to convert the Magmorax Belt.|
|Legs||Scalecommander's Ebon Schynbalds (450)||Scalecommander Sarkareth|
|Boots||Crechebound Soldier's Boots (450)||Scalecommander Sarkareth|
|Ring #1||Entropic Convergence Loop (447)||The Amalgamation Chamber|
|Ring #2||Onyx Impostor's Birthright (450)||Echo of Neltharion|
|Trinket #1||Ominous Chromatic Essence (447)||The Forgotten Experiments|
|Trinket #2||Neltharion's Call to Dominance (457)||Echo of Neltharion|
"Simming" Yourself as a Beast Mastery Hunter
Throughout this page, we will regularly refer to the importance of simming yourself on Raidbots, as it is an indispensable aspect of optimizing your character.
While we do offer generic sim charts for Trinkets, this should not be a replacement for simming yourself, at least not if you want to minmax sub-1%!
If you are new to simming and Raidbots, check out our detailed guide below.
Tier Set for Beast Mastery Hunter
The Tier Set is comprised of 5 items, all carrying the Ashen Predator's moniker. Unique DPS bonuses are unlocked when wearing 2, and 4 pieces from the set:
- 2 pieces: Cobra Shot and Kill Command damage increased by 15%.
- 4 pieces: Cobra Shot, Kill Command, and Multi-Shot reduce the cooldown of Bestial Wrath by 2 seconds.
The Tier Set Bonus is absolutely mandatory for competitive play, and you should prioritize obtaining it. You can use the Inspiration Catalyst to convert regular items (from Mythic+, for example) into Tier Items.
You only need 4 pieces out of 5 to get both set bonuses. We recommend you get all items except for the Legs. Check out the BiS List for more information.
Best Crafted Items for Beast Mastery Hunter
With Crafted Items, you can craft items with customizable stats in nearly all slots with up to iLvl 447. This means that for most non-tier slots, Crafted items are optimal.
If you want to learn more about the Crafting system in general and potentially craft your own items for less Gold, check out our dedicated page below.
Best Crafting Order for Beast Mastery Hunter
This is our general recommendation for the best Crafting Order. It goes for Embellishments first, as they offer the largest increase per Spark, and then goes for powerful iLvl gains.
- Acidic Hailstone Treads
- Flame-Touched Chain (with Toxified Armor Patch or Shadowflame-Tempered Armor Patch)
- Bow of the Dragon Hunters
- Signet of Titanic Insight (with Alchemical Flavor Pocket)
- Ring-Bound Hourglass
- From this point, we strongly recommend you sim yourself to work out future crafts.
Trinket Simulations for Beast Mastery Hunter
These are generic simulations from Bloodmallet, giving you a rough overview of strong Beast Mastery Hunter Trinkets. It is not a replacement for simming yourself, but can still offer a quick overview.
Check out the BiS Lists if you just want to know the best Trinkets from M+ and Raid.
Best Raiding & Single-Target Trinkets for Beast Mastery Hunter
Best Mythic+ & AoE Trinkets for Beast Mastery Hunter
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Aug. 2023: Reformatted and rewrote the entire page. Feedback desired!
- 26 Jul. 2023: Added the missing Accelerating Sandglass to the Tier List. Apologies.
- 15 Jul. 2023: Updated the recommendation status of Traveler's Timesplitter again in light of recent nerfs.
- 12 Jul. 2023: Updated the recommendation status of the Traveler's Timesplitter Gun.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated with Dawn of the Infinite Items and Information, and made small changes to the BiS Lists.
- 25 May 2023: Further updates to Trinket Tier List in the light of recent nerfs.
- 24 May 2023: Updated the Matrix Restabilization Trinket's placement after sims were updated.
- 23 May 2023: Updated the Trinket Tier List, and added Trinkets from Cataclysm Timewalking.
- 12 May 2023: Updated the Trinket Tier List, specifically Naraxas' Spiked Tongue position.
- 09 May 2023: Updated the recommended Flightstone Upgrade order.
- 08 May 2023: Updated the Trinket Tier List and BiS List according to new item changes and tuning.
- 04 May 2023: Updated the BiS List, accounting for changes in tier stat allocation.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 23 Mar. 2023: Updated the Onyx Annulet description since a new Gem combination was discovered.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated the Onyx Annulet Information in light of the March 21st buff.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 08 Jan. 2023: Removed Engineering from the recommended Professions as it does not have the Combat Benefits to warrant its recommendation.
- 12 Dec. 2022: Updated the recommended Embellished Crafts and Embellishments to add to them.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated the Gear page with more specific information about how to think about Spark of Ingenuity.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Added a section that talks about the best Professions.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Great Vault Requirement Changes in Patch 10.2
- Renown Catch-Up for Alts Available in Patch 10.2
- Hunters Receive Raid Cooldown in Dragonflight Patch 10.2
- Scarab and Demon Bike Mounts in Patch 10.2
- Dragonflight Patch 10.2 PTR Dev Notes: September 27th
- Many Updated Models in 10.2: Old World Revamp Coming?
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 3
- Will Patch 10.2 Release on November 7?