Beast Mastery Hunter DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Beast Mastery Hunter in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.0.5.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Hunter gear and best in slot.
Gearing a Beast Mastery Hunter
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Beast Mastery Hunter, this section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character correctly.
If you have a new piece of gear that you need gems and enchants advice for, you can find everything you need on our dedicated page below.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Beast Mastery Hunter
At this stage in the game, and despite the stat priority, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose items, trinkets, Legendaries, Enchants/Gems, and even Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and so on.
Upgrading Beast Mastery Hunter Gear with Valor Points
Beast Mastery Hunters should upgrade the items with Valor that will benefit the most in the moment. The easiest way to figure out what is best for your specific character is by using Raidbots' Droptimizer. You can select "+10 Weekly Chest" as a replacement for the highest item level Valor upgrade. Below is a list of item slots that you might want to upgrade first.
- Your weapon is by far your strongest item, and if you do not have a 220+ iLvl one already, this should be your first upgrade every single time.
- Trinkets have a major impact on your DPS, particularly on-use ones such as Inscrutable Quantum Device and Overcharged Anima Battery.
- Aside from this, the best scaling items tend to be Helms, Chests, and Leg items. Wrists and Cloaks are low-priority as they have relatively little Agility on them.
While we heavily recommend simming yourself, you can find some of our general simulations on the dedicated page below.
Thanks to Bloodmallet.com, a comprehensive list of available trinkets for Beast Mastery are listed against each other below. Keep in mind that this is only a guideline, and that you should be simming your own character if you care about optimizing it.
Note on the Inscrutable Quantum Device
While the Inscrutable Quantum Device trinket performs exceptionally well in simulations, we generally recommend not using it for Raids. This is because it has a lot of potential effects when pressed, including healing and giving Mana to others in your group, all of which will not help your DPS.
This means that your second and third usages in raids will often not give a DPS benefit, significantly reducing the actual DPS value of the Trinket. For Mythic+ Scenarios, it is basically as good as it sims and a very strong choice.
Many people have a tendency to overthink the distribution of their secondary stats. An important thing to remember is that a higher quantity of stats is nearly always better than a better quality of stats. Because of this, wearing higher item level gear with worse stats tends to be better than lower item level gear with great stats. Keep this in mind when considering gear. For more stats information, please refer to our dedicated page.
Best in Slot Gear for Beast Mastery Hunter
This does not include trinkets as they are covered in the above chart.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Added a section dedicated to Valor Point upgrades.
- 09 Jan. 2021: Added note about the Inscrutable Quantum Device and updated the Best in Slot list.
- 27 Nov. 2020: Updated the BiS Cloak and Trinket Sims.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Item Level 200 Catchup Gear Coming in Patch 9.1
- Renown Catchup Coming in Patch 9.1
- New Datamined Priest Legendary Powers in Patch 9.1 Build 38627
- New Datamined Hunter Legendary Powers in Patch 9.1 Build 38627
- Tazavesh & Sanctum of Domination Loading Screens
- The Fastest "Mount" on Azeroth: When an Oribos Ride Goes Wrong and a Heroic Landing Goes Extremely Right
- Increased Nameplate Distance Option Coming to Burning Crusade Classic
- Patch 9.1 PTR Notes: May 11th