Beast Mastery Hunter DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Beast Mastery Hunter in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.2.5.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Beast Mastery Hunter gear and best in slot.
Gearing a Beast Mastery Hunter
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Beast Mastery Hunter. This section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character correctly.
For more detailed information on Stat Priority, please visit our Stats page.
For more detailed information on Gems and Enchants, please visit our Gems and Enchants page.
We also have a page dedicated to simulations for different aspects of your character. These can be found on our Simulations page.
Tier Set Bonuses
The Tier Set Bonus for Beast Mastery Hunter can be obtained from the Raid, as well as the Weekly Great Vault. Tier bonuses exist on Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, and Legs, and you need 4 pieces to complete the set. The bonuses are as follows:
- BM Hunter 2-Piece — Your Kill Command Critical Strike chance is increased by 15% for each stack of Frenzy your pet has.
- BM Hunter 4-Piece — Kill Command critical hits increase the damage and cooldown reduction of your next Cobra Shot by 40%.
Both set bonuses are extremely strong for single-target, and acquiring the set bonus is a crucial part of gearing up for PvE in Patch 9.2.
Since you only need 4 pieces while there are 5 in total, this means that you can omit one piece in favour of a stronger one with better stats, or higher item level. The most obvious candidate for this is omitting the Legs in favour of the Epochal Oppressor's Greaves from The Jailer, which are 7 iLvls higher than the tier legs.
You can also use the open slot for a Legendary craft, provided that you have the other 4 pieces required to finish the set. The Helm is a great option for this, as it also provides a free socket when crafted as a Legendary.
You can also use the Creation Catalyst to convert any item of the aforementioned slots into a Tier item, retaining its item level and tertiary stats. This means that you could convert the Epochal Oppressor's Greaves into a tier item eventually, and then use the Creation Catalyst to put a Legendary in your high-budget Helm or Chest slots.
Domination Shards in Patch 9.2 and Beyond
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Beast Mastery Hunter
At this stage in the game, and despite the stat priority, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose items, trinkets, Legendaries, Enchants/Gems, and even Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and so on.
Upgrading Beast Mastery Hunter Gear with Valor Points
Remember that there is no Valor cap in Season 4. You can farm Valor Points and upgradeable pieces infinitely in Mythic+!
For more information on where to get Valor from, how it works, weekly caps and more, see our Valor page.
Beast Mastery Hunters should upgrade the items with Valor that will benefit the most in the moment. The easiest way to figure out what is best for your specific character is by using Raidbots' Droptimizer. You can select "+12 Weekly Chest" as a replacement for the highest item level Valor upgrade. Below is a list of item slots that you might want to upgrade first.
- Your weapon is by far your strongest item, and should always be the top priority to upgrade.
- Trinkets have a major impact on your DPS, particularly on-use ones.
- Aside from this, the best scaling items tend to be Helms, Chests, and Leg items. Wrists and Cloaks are low-priority as they have relatively little Agility on them.
While we heavily recommend simming yourself, you can find some of our general simulations on the dedicated page below.
Thanks to Bloodmallet.com, a comprehensive list of available trinkets for Beast Mastery Hunter are listed against each other below. Keep in mind that this is only a guideline, and that you should be simming your own character if you care about optimizing it.
Many people have a tendency to overthink the distribution of their secondary stats. An important thing to remember is that a higher quantity of stats is nearly always better than a better quality of stats. Because of this, wearing higher item level gear with worse stats tends to be better than lower item level gear with great stats. Keep this in mind when considering gear. For more stats information, please refer to our dedicated page.
Spending Puzzling Cartel Dinars
Generally, you should spend Dinars on items you are unlikely to get from their original sources. We have listed some of the generally best options below.
While Rae'shalare, Death's Whisper is a better weapon than Astral Verdict, it is not purchaseable with Dinars and is very hard to obtain. If you are lucky enough to get one early, then spend your Dinars on Dark Ranger's Quiver.
Overall BiS List for Beast Mastery Hunter
This does not include trinkets as they are covered in the above chart. It also does not include Legendaries, as we have a dedicated page for those.
This chart includes Mythic+ Dungeon Items at their maximum item level, which is only obtainable from the Great Vault. If you have not been lucky enough to obtain these items from the Vault, they are likely not Best in Slot for you, as item level generally trumps stats in terms of importance.
A lot of items in this list are interchangeable, as many items exist with identical or nearly identical secondary stat distributions. You should not be laser-focused on these specific items, but rather focus on the stats they give, keeping in mind that item level trumps all.
- 29 Jul. 2022: Page reviewed and updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Updated the BiS List to include Sepulcher gear, added information about Tier Set acquisition and slot choice.
- 07 Dec. 2021: Updated the recommendations for Legion Timewalking Trinkets after new sim results.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Added information about the new Legion Timewalking Trinkets, and how useful they are.
- 03 Sep. 2021: Updated the optimal Domination Shard Set Bonus and individual Shards.
- 02 Aug. 2021: Updated the optimal Domination Gem Set Bonus after Blood Link was buffed.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Added a section dedicated to Valor Point upgrades.
- 09 Jan. 2021: Added note about the Inscrutable Quantum Device and updated the Best in Slot list.
- 27 Nov. 2020: Updated the BiS Cloak and Trinket Sims.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st