Brawler's Guild: Anthracite (Special Challengers) (WoD 6.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Abilities and Strategy
- 2. Generic Advice
- 3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
- 4. Changelog
Anthracite is a Special Challenger of the Brawler's Guild. This boss is very easy with the right strategy, which consist in keeping him stunned through the use of an extra ability that you receive during the fight. Before we delve further into the explanations, we advise you to first watch this very short video, which shows how the fight with Anthracite goes.
This encounter is not currently part of the Battle for Azeroth season of the Brawler's Guild.
Abilities and Strategy
Anthracite's default state is to be On Fire. In this state, he deals damage to you every second and damages you every time you attack him. Anthracite's other state is Cooled, which you can trigger by using Spray, an ability granted to you for this fight and that you can cast using the extra action button that appears in the middle of the screen. Cooled last for 20 seconds, during which Anthracite is stunned and takes increased damage.
When using Spray, you need to make sure that you are facing away from Anthracite. Indeed, the spell sprays water behind you, not in front of you.
Initially, you only have one charge of Spray. To recharge the spell, you need to kill one of the Ionized Waters that roam around the area and walk through the misty cloud that they leave behind.
So, the strategy for this fight is very simple. As soon as Anthracite spawns, face away from him and use Spray. Burn him down while he is Cooled. When Cooled is about to expire, kill a Ionized Water, recharge Spray and use it on Anthracite again. Repeat until the boss dies.
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Potion of Brawler's Might, a Potion of Brawler's Cunning, or a Potion of Brawler's Deftness right before Anthracite appears, depending on what your main statistic is.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- 11 Dec. 2014: Updated for Warlords of Draenor. The fight remains the same, but Anthracite is now a Special Challenger (he was the fourth Rank 8 opponent, previously).
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- Shadowlands 9.2 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Weeks 10 and 11
- Eyes of the Wolf Calia Menethil Quest in Patch 9.2.5
- Everything We Know About the Shrouded Affix in Shadowlands Season 4
- New Oribos Portals in Patch 9.2.5
- Patch 9.2.5 Build 43741: Achievement Changes
- Patch 9.2 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 17th
- Patch 9.2.5 PTR Development Notes: May 17th
- Protection Warrior Shadowlands
- Balance Druid Shadowlands
- Castle Nathria DPS Rankings
- Mythic+ DPS Tier List
- Feral Druid PvP 9.0.5
- Fury Warrior PvP 9.0.5
- No Wild Pets visible!
- 5 DHs vs Vigilant Guardian