Brawler's Guild: Dippy (Rank 2) (Legion 7.1.5)
Table of Contents
- 1. Abilities and Strategy
- 2. Generic Advice
- 3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
- 4. Changelog
Dippy is your first Brawler's Guild Rank 2 opponent. The fight is extremely simple, but can be difficult for melee classes.
This encounter is not currently part of the Battle for Azeroth season of the Brawler's Guild.
Abilities and Strategy
Dippy has one ability, called Peck. He will repeatedly cast Peck when in melee range and if he completes the cast and you are in range, you will die.
There are two ways to prevent this. The first is to keep hitting him with abilities. When he is attacked, he will automatically get knocked back and down (for a short time), and this will interrupt the cast. Note that hitting Dippy when he is knocked down does not knock him back/down again, and you must wait for him to get back up. The second way is to run away from him if he is going to get the cast off; Peck is a melee-ranged ability, so running away, even if he gets the cast off, will prevent death.
The strategy for defeating Dippy is simple.
- Do not back him into the corner! This will prevent him from being knocked back, thus allowing him to cast Peck.
- When he gets knocked back, there is a brief moment where he is also knocked down. Wait to use an ability for when he stands up, as he does not get knocked back when he is on the ground.
- Keep doing damage to him.
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Brawler's Battle Potion of Agility, a Brawler's Battle Potion of Intellect, or a Brawler's Battle Potion of Strength.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Coastal Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- 29 Dec. 2016: Updated for Season 3.
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2
- Full Trading Post Rotation for December 2023
- Preservation Evoker PvE
- Windwalker Monk PvE
- Outlaw Rogue PvE
- Beast Mastery Hunter PvE
- Arcane Mage PvE