Elemental Shaman PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.1)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Elemental Shaman PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Elemental Shamans in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Shaman.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here are the best Covenants for Elemental Shaman.
- Necrolord is the best Covenant you can choose. This gives you Primordial Wave acting like another Flame Shock for more Lava Surge procs, and allows you to hit all targets affected by Flame Shock with a Lava Burst, which is your highest damage ability. This also generates Maelstrom for each Lava Burst. It also provides you with an absorption shield, which can be a useful additional shield or to stop incoming crowd control.
Best Soulbinds for Elemental Shamans in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc. Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Necrolord.
This Soulbind path is more defensive, which should help the Elemental Shaman withstand the amount of melee compositions which will be early in the Shadowlands release.
Best Conduits for Elemental Shamans in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Elemental Shamans in PvP
- Tumbling Waves gives you the chance to get even more Flame Shock which are critical for getting Lava Surge procs in PvP. This is the best Conduit and as you rank up this Conduit it will be increasingly powerful.
- Call of Flame makes your elemental pet persist for an additional 10 seconds at Rank 1. This is a major offensive cooldown. As you increase the rank of this Conduit it will get even more value.
- Swirling Currents even though this is a Restoration Shaman Conduit, this boosts the Elemental Shaman's heals significantly which can make the difference in matches especially when playing with another less mobile caster. This benefit combines with the 20% benefit from Earth Shield.
- Adaptive Armor Fragment provides flat Intellect which will provide more overall damage during burst and sustained damage rotations.
Best Endurance Conduits for Elemental Shamans in PvP
- Vital Accretion provides a total health point buff, which can help temporarily keep the Shaman alive through cooldowns. Just remember this only lasts for 1 minute.
- Refreshing Waters will significantly improve your self-healing, which is extremely important, especially when combined with the Swelling Waves PvP Talent.
Best Finesse Conduits for Elemental Shamans in PvP
- Totemic Surge provides the utility from your totems with a reduced cooldown. This allows you to provide more utility to your team faster.
- Thunderous Paws is decent for a slight burst of movement speed for kiting enemy teams.
Best Legendaries for Elemental Shamans in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for a Elemental Shaman.
- Elemental Equilibrium works perfectly with Echoing Shock, whose Elemental damage triggers the Legendary. This aligns your burst with the increased damage from the Legendary for maximum pressure.
- Earthen Harmony, even though a Restoration Shaman Legendary, provides significant healing for you or your teammates, since Earth Shield can be applied on them. This is the defensive Legendary option, which may be necessary if you are being focused down during the game or your teammates are.
- 17 Jul. 2021: Included references for more Conduits.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Updated based on Patch 9.0.5 for Shadowlands.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated in preparation for first PvP season of Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- A New Tradition: Celebrate a Change of Seasons With a Tree Gathering
- Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290 Class Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: September 23rd
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Patch 9.1.5 PTR Notes: September 23rd
- Shadowlands 9.1 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 11
- Rogue Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)
- Priest Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)