Elemental Shaman PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / 9.0.2)
Now that you have the correct talents and understand your damage rotation, it is time to step into the arena with your team. Elemental Shamans have multiple burst cooldowns with unrelenting sustained damage. Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Elemental Shaman (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Elemental Shaman PvP Guide.
Elemental Shaman are currently one of the best casters for 2v2, due to its multiple burst windows, and Lightning Lasso's crowd-control and damage.
The general strategy is to use crowd-control on the healer while using Lightning Lasso on the DPS target to create significant pressure. Using the above burst rotation, into Lightning Lasso will force the enemy team to use cooldowns and eventually lead to a kill. Lightning Lasso can also be used as a defensive cooldown, and help you kite and reposition.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Elemental Shaman + Restoration Druid
- Elemental Shaman + Discipline Priest
- Elemental Shaman + Holy Paladin
- Elemental Shaman + Subtlety Rogue
Elemental Shaman's role in 3v3 Arena is to line up crowd-control on the enemy team with the use of Lightning Lasso. This provides pressure, and crowd-control on the kill target which cannot be dispelled. Elemental Shaman also have their burst through the use of Stormkeeper along with Echoing Shock and Lava Burst to line up damage with their teammates. We also provide utility to your team of interrupting the enemy with Wind Shear, and using your totems to stop the enemy team from crowd-control, through using Grounding Totem and Tremor Totem.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- Elemental Shaman + Marksmanship Hunter + Discipline Priest
- Elemental Shaman + Affliction Warlock + Restoration Druid
- Elemental Shaman + Windwalker Monk + Holy Paladin
- Elemental Shaman + Frost Mage/Fire Mage + Restoration Druid
- Elemental Shaman + Shadow Priest + Holy Paladin
- Elemental Shaman + Arms Warrior + Restoration Druid
- Elemental Shaman + Outlaw or Subtlety + Discipline Priest
- Elemental Shaman + Balance Druid + Holy Paladin
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated ahead of first Shadowlands PvP Season.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- An Excellent Class and Spec Pick Flowchart Meme (Or Is it?)
- There Are Worse Fates than Being Carried by a Kyrian...
- Players Manipulate Turn Speed Variable while Mind Controlling Others
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 15th
- How to Get Raid, PvP and Any Legendary Memories Without Doing the Related Activity
- How to Loot Faster in World of Warcraft
- How to Fool Bots With Toys
- Patch 9.1 Will Be Released in Spring 2021