Elemental Shaman PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / 9.2)
Now that you have the correct talents and understand your damage rotation, it is time to step into the arena with your team. Elemental Shamans have multiple burst cooldowns with unrelenting sustained damage. Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Elemental Shaman (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Elemental Shaman PvP Guide.
The general strategy is to use crowd control on the healer while using Stormkeeper with Echoing Shock and Earth Shock burst, and Lightning Lasso on the DPS target to create significant pressure. Using the above burst rotation into Lightning Lasso will force the enemy team to use cooldowns and eventually lead to a kill. Lightning Lasso can also be used as a defensive cooldown to help you kite and reposition.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Elemental Shaman + Discipline Priest
- Elemental Shaman + Holy Priest
- Elemental Shaman + Holy Paladin
- Elemental Shaman + Restoration Druid
Elemental Shaman's role in 3v3 Arena is to burst through the use of Stormkeeper along with Echoing Shock and Earth Shock to line up damage with their teammates. Elemental Shaman also provides overall pressure through Lava Burst and spreading Flame Shock with Primordial Wave. It also provides utility to the team by interrupting the enemy with Wind Shear, and by using totems like Grounding Totem and Tremor Totem to stop the enemy team's crowd control.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- Elemental Shaman + Affliction Warlock + Holy Paladin/Restoration Druid
- Elemental Shaman + Demonology Warlock + Restoration Druid
- Elemental Shaman + Windwalker Monk + Discipline Priest/Holy Priest
- Elemental Shaman + Fire Mage + Holy Paladin/Holy Priest
- Elemental Shaman + Frost Mage + Restoration Druid
- Elemental Shaman + Shadow Priest + Holy Paladin
- Elemental Shaman + Arms Warrior + Restoration Druid
- Elemental Shaman + Balance Druid + Holy Paladin/Holy Priest
- Elemental Shaman + Feral Druid + Holy Priest
- 27 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 of Shadowlands
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 of Shadowlands.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 18 Mar. 2021: Updated based on Patch 9.0.5 for Shadowlands.
- 02 Feb. 2021: Updated based on maturing PvP Season.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated ahead of first Shadowlands PvP Season.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New Heartbond Lupine Flying Animation in Patch 9.2.5
- Cool New Patch 9.2.5 Windrunner Easter Egg
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes