Elemental Shaman PvP Best Arena Compositions (Dragonflight / 10.0.7)
Now that you have the correct talents and understand your damage rotation, it is time to step into the arena with your team. Elemental Shamans have multiple burst cooldowns with unrelenting sustained damage. Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Elemental Shaman (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Elemental Shaman PvP Guide.
Elemental Shaman are a mid-tier caster for 2v2 due to Primordial Wave, and Lava Burst's burst and Lightning Lasso's crowd-control and damage.
The general strategy is to use crowd control on the healer while using Skyfury Totem then Primordial Wave with talents including Magma Chamber, Stormkeeper,and Earth Shock burst. Lightning Lasso will allow the Elemental Shaman to deal damage whild stunning the kill target, while your teammate crowd-controls the other enemy teammate.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Elemental Shaman + Restoration Druid
- Elemental Shaman + Preservation Evoker
- Elemental Shaman + Retribution Paladin
- Elemental Shaman + Discipline Priest
- Elemental Shaman + Holy Priest
- Elemental Shaman + Holy Paladin
- Elemental Shaman + Assassination Rogue
Elemental Shaman's role in 3v3 Arena is to burst through the use of high sustained damage through Lava Burst, along with burst damage from Earth Shock to overwhelm the other team. It also provides utility to the team by interrupting the enemy with Wind Shear, Thunderstorm, and Earthgrab Totem and by using totems like Grounding Totem and Tremor Totem to stop the enemy team's crowd control.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- Elemental Shaman + Destruction Warlock + Restoration Druid
- Elemental Shaman + Demonology Warlock + Restoration Druid
- Elemental Shaman + Assassination Rogue + Restoration Druid
- Elemental Shaman + Arms Warrior + Restoration Druid/Preservation Evoker
- Elemental Shaman + Balance Druid + Holy Paladin/Restoration Druid
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.0.7.
- 04 Feb. 2023: Updated for 10.0.2 updates.
- 13 Jan. 2023: Updated for mid-season changes.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight post-launch.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 31 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 27 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 of Shadowlands
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 of Shadowlands.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 18 Mar. 2021: Updated based on Patch 9.0.5 for Shadowlands.
- 02 Feb. 2021: Updated based on maturing PvP Season.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated ahead of first Shadowlands PvP Season.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd
- Primordial Stone Hotfix Changes: March 23rd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd