Elemental Shaman PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
Now that you have the correct talents and understand your damage rotation, it is time to step into the arena with your team. Elemental Shamans have multiple burst cooldowns with unrelenting sustained damage. Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Elemental Shaman (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Elemental Shaman PvP Guide.
Elemental Shaman are currently one of the best casters for 2v2, due to its multiple burst windows, and Lightning Lasso's crowd-control and damage.
The general strategy is to use crowd-control on the healer while using Lightning Lasso on the DPS target to create significant pressure. Using the above burst rotation, into Lightning Lasso will force the enemy team to use cooldowns and eventually lead to a kill. Lightning Lasso can also be used as a defensive cooldown, and help you kite and reposition.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Elemental Shaman + Discipline Priest
- Elemental Shaman + Holy Paladin
- Elemental Shaman + Restoration Druid
- Elemental Shaman + Retribution Paladin
- Elemental Shaman + Subtlety Rogue
Elemental Shaman's role in 3v3 Arena is to line up crowd-control on the enemy team with the use of Lightning Lasso. This provides pressure, and crowd-control on the kill target which cannot be dispelled. Elemental Shaman also have their burst through the use of Stormkeeper along with Echoing Shock and Earth Shock/ Lava Burst to line up damage with their teammates. We also provide utility to the team by interrupting the enemy with Wind Shear, and by using totems like Grounding Totem and Tremor Totem to stop the enemy team's crowd-control.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- Elemental Shaman + Affliction Warlock + Holy Paladin/Restoration Druid
- Elemental Shaman + Windwalker Monk + Holy Paladin/Discipline Priest/Holy Priest
- Elemental Shaman + Fire Mage/Fire Mage + Holy Paladin
- Elemental Shaman + Shadow Priest + Holy Paladin
- Elemental Shaman + Arms Warrior + Holy Paladin/Restoration Druid
- Elemental Shaman + Balance Druid + Holy Paladin/Holy Priest
- 18 Mar. 2021: Updated based on Patch 9.0.5 for Shadowlands.
- 02 Feb. 2021: Updated based on maturing PvP Season.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated ahead of first Shadowlands PvP Season.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- The Sad Reality of Yak and Brutosaur Owners and the Weird Messages They Get
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 21st
- Midsummer Fire Festival Returns! (June 21 - July 5)
- A Preview of Gravewing Mounts in Patch 9.1
- Chains of Domination Key Art
- Ability Trainers Still in the Game?
- New War Mode Weekly Quest in Patch 9.1
- All Command Table Companion Locations