Elemental Shaman PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Elemental Shaman in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Elemental Shaman PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Elemental Shamans in PvP
The stat priority for Elemental Shamans in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Versatility is the best stat due to the increased survivability and overall damage. The scaling is amplified by Master of the Elements and Skyfury Totem when you critically strike.
Haste, you want a minimum of 30% while in PvP gear in Arena/Battleground. This is important for Flame Shock damage over time, and Lava Surge procs, as well as faster global cooldowns.
Critical Strike, you want around 20% while in PvP gear in Arena/Battleground. This is important for Elemental Blast damage, and Earth Shock for big burst damage.
Mastery, you want around 20% while in PvP gear in Arena/Battleground. This is important for Lava Burst damage for constant pressure.
For crafted gear, Adaptive Dracothyst Armguards are the best crafted piece due to the higher uptime of secondary stats, since Elemental Shaman are always getting crits with Lava Burst.
if the Elemental Shaman has 5 or more gem sockets they should craft Elemental Lariat, which gives secondary stats based on the number of gem sockets you have.
Elemental Shaman could use Undulating Sporecloak as a defensive option for the passive healing.
As a filler, Elemental Shaman can use the embellishment of Statuette of Foreseen Power on one of their crafted items to help give a Haste buff and crowd control immunity.
Verdant Gladiator's Medallion is required for PvP since this is how you can free yourself from any crowd-control. This also is one of the two PvP trinkets that are part of a set, whose bonus will increase your Intellect and Stamina.
In general, Elemental Shaman wants to get the not-on-use trinket Verdant Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity for consistent Intellect increases.
Verdant Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity is a great on-use trinket to have to have. The on-use increased primary stat will give a temporary boost of damage, which can be used with your offensive cooldowns.
Verdant Gladiator's Emblem is a trinket that provides a temporary health buff, which can be used when you believe the team will be focusing you in big burst windows, and you will need the defensive to survive.
Gems and Enchant
Here are the best enchants for a Elemental Shaman:
- Neck: Tiered Medallion Setting
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Homebound Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Waking Stats
- Legs: Frozen Spellthread
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Haste
- Feet: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Wrist: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Main Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion
- Belt: Shadowed Belt Clasp
Gem all of the sockets with one of the following gems to reach the stat distribution noted above: Energized Ysemerald, Keen Ysemerald, Crafty Alexstraszite.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updatedfor Dragonflight 10.1.5.
- 06 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.0.7.
- 13 Jan. 2023: Updated for mid-season changes.
- 25 Dec. 2022: Updated gear for Dragonflight season 1.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight post-launch.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 31 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 27 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 of Shadowlands.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 of Shadowlands.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Updated based on Patch 9.0.5 for Shadowlands.
- 07 Dec. 2020: Updated enchants based on feedback.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated ahead of first Shadowlands PvP Season.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed old Azerite mentions. More updates to follow.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2
- Full Trading Post Rotation for December 2023