Elemental Shaman PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Elemental Shaman in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Elemental Shaman PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Elemental Shamans in PvP
The stat priority for Elemental Shamans in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Tier Sets for Elemental Shaman
Elemental Shaman 2-Piece — While your Fire Elemental is active, your Lava Burst deals 20% additional damage and you gain Lava Surge every 8 seconds. This is a very strong 2-set bonus increasing our Lava Burst and causing them to occur more often allows Elemental Shamans to more easily generate maelstrom, while staying mobile in PvP.
Elemental Shaman 4-Piece — Casting Lava Burst extends the duration of your Fire Elemental by 1.5 seconds. If your Fire Elemental is not active, Lava Burst has a 20% chance to reduce its remaining cooldown by 10 seconds instead. The 4-set bonus does allow you to potentially have 100% uptime on your Fire Elemental. This will increase your passive damage on the target. This requires the Elemental Shaman to Lava Burst as much as possible to keep the duration above zero.
How to Acquire Tier Sets
Cosmic Gladiator's Medallion is required for PvP, since this is how you can free yourself from any crowd-control. This also is one of the two PvP trinkets that are part of a set, whose bonus will increase your Intellect and Stamina.
Cosmic Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity is a great on-use trinket to have to have. The on-use increased primary stat will give a temporary boost of damage which can be used with your offensive cooldowns.
Cosmic Gladiator's Emblem is a trinket that provides a temporary health buff, which can be used when you believe the team will be focusing you in big burst windows, and you will need the defensive to survive.
Gems and Enchant
Here are the best enchants for a Restoration Shaman:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of the sockets in your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 27 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 of Shadowlands.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 of Shadowlands.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Updated based on Patch 9.0.5 for Shadowlands.
- 07 Dec. 2020: Updated enchants based on feedback.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated ahead of first Shadowlands PvP Season.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed old Azerite mentions. More updates to follow.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New Heartbond Lupine Flying Animation in Patch 9.2.5
- Cool New Patch 9.2.5 Windrunner Easter Egg
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes