Elemental Shaman DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Elemental Shaman in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself"
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
The easiest way, and also the method we suggest, to compare multiple items is to use Raidbots Top Gear. Here you can input an export from the Simcraft AddOn , select the items to compare, and it will find out which of the items are best.
The following items are superior to standard mythic gear and you should try to get them: Akana's Reefstrider Treads, Ori's Tidal Bracers, and Poen's Deepsea Handgrips. The other wrists are alright but worse. Azsh'ari Stormsurger Links can be useful for Orgozoa and Za'qul, Harbinger of Ny'alotha.
Azerite Gear for Elemental Shaman
Because the Azerite Traits scale in strength with the item level of the item equipped, and with the possibility of Titanforging items, an exact list of best items is impossible to make. Azerite gear can drop from loads of content, like World Quests, Dungeons, Warfronts, PvP, reputations, etc, so you should try to do all possible content. Below we have listed some good items to look for based on how to obtain them and the Azerite Traits they have on them. The items are listed in rough order of preference.
Trinkets for Elemental Shaman
Due to the prevalence of high item level trinkets and Titanforged rewards from Mythic+ dungeon grinding, there are a variety of suitable options when it comes to trinkets.
Many trinkets are currently close and their actual value will greatly depend on the situation. On-use trinkets giving a 10- to 15-second stat boost are very good with Ascendance, for example.
Best in Slot Items for Elemental Shaman
If you have read the previous section, you should now understand that static Best in Slot lists are always misleading, and it is best to use the tools at your disposal, notably Raidbots Top Gear and its new Droptimizer options.
It is recommended to fill your gaps with items crafted with Titan Residuum, as if you have enough materials, you can choose your stats.
- 09 Jul. 2019: Updated Azerite items and trinkets with Bloodmallet importers, removed some outdated recommendations.
- 25 Jun. 2019: Updated for Patch 8.2, added some information on trinket changes.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 31 Jan. 2019: Updated recommended Azerite Armor section.
- 29 Jan. 2019: Added warning section to the BiS list because of the tuning patch.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated recommended Azerite Armor & Trinket sections. Removed obsolete BiS list, added a link to Raidbots' Droptimizer.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 10 Sep. 2018: Updated trinket section, removed pre-raid "BiS" list.
- 31 Aug. 2018: Updated trinket section (hotfix reverted).
- 29 Aug. 2018: Updated trinket section.
- 20 Aug. 2018: Updated trinket section.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 19 Jul. 2018: Trinket section now links to Bloodmallet's site instead of having a partial list.
- The 15-year WoW Anniversary Event Starts this Week!
- BlizzCon 2019 in 3 Minutes
- Pathfinder Removal for Old Expansions in Shadowlands (Speculation)
- The Mysterious Jailer is the Main Villain in Shadowlands
- MMO-Champion BlizzCon 2019 Interview
- Dying & Corpse Running in the Shadowlands
- MrGM BlizzCon 2019 Interview
- Tier Sets Won't Be Returning in WoW Shadowlands
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Warlock Leveling Guide
- Rogue Leveling Guide
- Venthyr Covenant
- Night Fae Covenant
- Necrolord Covenant
- Kyrian Covenant
- Covenants Hub