Enhancement Shaman PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.2.5)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Enhancement Shaman PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Enhancement Shamans in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Shaman.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. In 9.2, you are able to freely change between Covenants which allows you to try multiple Covenants easily.
- Venthyr is the best Covenant you can choose. This gives you a huge offensive cooldown ( Chain Harvest), huge team healing, and offers good defensive Soulbinds. It also provides a teleport ability, which can be used to secure crowd-control. Some of the Soulbinds also provide damage reduction and absorption shields.
- Necrolord is an alternative Covenant which has become more viable with the increased damage for the instant cast spells. This is more sustained damage, and more survivability.
- Most Enhancement Shaman opt for Venthyr due to the burst of Chain Harvest damage. If you are looking for more sustained damage and more survivability, Necrolord can be a fun alternative.
Best Soulbinds for Enhancement Shamans in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc. Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Venthyr.
This Soulbind path maximizes on defensives and damage reduction, absorptions, and increased healing, which should help you with survivability.
This Necrolord Soulbind path is more defensive with Fleshcraft and more sustained pressure.
Best Conduits for Enhancement Shamans in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Enhancement Shamans in PvP
- Focused Lightning is the best Potency Conduit due to the significant increase damage for Elemental Blast and Chain Harvest. This also increases the healing of Healing Surge.
- Chilled to the Core is very useful since generated Maelstrom Weapon stacks will be critical for maintaining strong pressure.
- Lavish Harvest is a good choice to increase the chance at critical strikes when using Chain Harvest. This skill provides the highest burst damage in the Enhancement Shaman toolkit. Increasing the critical strike chance can lead to significant burst and kill opportunities.
- Swirling Currents; even though this is a Restoration Shaman Conduit, this boosts the Enhancement Shaman's heals significantly which can make the difference in matches. This benefit combines with the 20% benefit from Earth Shield.
Best Endurance Conduits for Enhancement Shamans in PvP
- Vital Accretion provides a total health point buff, which can help temporarily keep you alive through cooldowns. Just remember that this only lasts for 1 minute.
- Refreshing Waters will significantly improve your self-healing, which is extremely important, especially when combined with the Swelling Waves PvP Talent.
Best Finesse Conduits for Enhancement Shamans in PvP
- Totemic Surge provides the utility from your totems with a reduced cooldown. This allows you to provide more utility to your team faster.
- Thunderous Paws is decent for a slight burst of movement speed for kiting enemy teams.
Best Legendaries for Enhancement Shamans in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
- Witch Doctor's Wolf Bones is the best Legendary as it increases the Maelstrom Weapon generation rate, as well as decreasing the cooldown on the Feral Spirit ability. This will further combine with the Enhancement Shaman 2-Piece and Enhancement Shaman 4-Piece bonuses to increase overall pressure in PvP.
- Elemental Conduit will significantly decrease the cooldown time of Chain Harvest which is a key burst damage and healing ability of the Enhancement Shaman.
- Splintered Elements provides the Enhancement Shaman with a significant amount of Haste, which can help generate more Maelstrom Weapon stacks and therefore more pressure off of Elemental Blast.
- 31 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 27 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 of Shadowlands.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 of Shadowlands.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated based on Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Updated for 9.0.5 Patch Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st